Guardians of Airos blurb

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Idea Critiques Guardians of Airos blurb

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Jane Maree
    @jane-maree
      • Total Posts: 909

@Jenwriter17 ahhh I completely missed this before, sorry. D:

I really like everyone else’s suggestions for twists. Having the ultimate reveal of her family and mentor and all the secrets in the past being an unexpected shock really heightens things. *nodnod*

As for the blurb, it’s a good base to start off from but it’s long and gives a little too much information. If you want, feel free to work on it a  little (if you want to incorporate the new ideas) and email it to me and I can look over it with you. 😀

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

The fledgling Artist
      @notawriter
        • Total Posts: 328

@jenwriter17

So Just from the blurb it seems like Taegan (super cool name btw) is kind of a loner throughout the entire story, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but for me stories that have two of more characters with a developing relationship (doesn’t have to be romantic!) throughout the story makes a big difference between a forgettable or unforgettable book. 🙂
        Also I really like what @rochellaine said because its something I wouldn’t have thought of. 🙂

and I was so confused

Jenna Terese
        @jenwriter17
          • Total Posts: 2522

@rochellaine the MC’s mentor teaches at Airos Academy (for students wanting to become a Guardian), so he does mentor others, but he took a particular liking to Taegan.

@radicallysurrendered I am planning on changing the antagonist so it isn’t so obvious. I think i’m going to make one of the Guardians the antagonist (a cheerful guy named Keegan), even though it hurts me. 😢but thank you for the advice 😉

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
          www.jennaterese.com

Jenna Terese
          @jenwriter17
            • Total Posts: 2522

@jane-maree Yes, I’m am so bad at blurbs. I’ll keep working on it. Thank you for offering your help! ❤ I’ll keep working on it.

@notawriter
            At first it seems (and Taegan feels) that she’s all alone, but eventually one of the Guardians (Axel) becomes a good friend and another Guardian (Jada) does too, but hers happens more towards the end because of a lot of tension in Taegan and Jada’s past, which is part of the story.

I love how there’s a red squiggly line under all my character names. 😜

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
            www.jennaterese.com

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          >