Greetings, Fellow Writers

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Greetings, Fellow Writers

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Abby
    @abby1
      • Total Posts: 1

Hello, my name is Abigail.
      I am 13 years old and I “LOVE” writing😀 I live in the beautiful country of New Zealand.
      Okay, so I have been seeing how other people intruduce themselves on here and I keep seeing people talking about INFP and MBTI: what do they stand for? I’m kinda confused 😃 Here’s a little bit about me: I love playing mandolin, listening to music, writing, obviously ( I’m writing my own novel at the moment), playing outside and with my siblings. Some of my favourite movies/ tv series are: Blue Bloods, Cinderella and The Book Thief. I also love animals ( dogs and horses especially) and I wish I could ride horses every day😃

I am very excited to be part of this group and I look forward to getting to know y’all better soon.

Abby

• This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Abby.
      Grace H.
      @gh24682468999
        • Total Posts: 199

@abby1 Welcome to the bestistest place on the Internet (wow that is the first time I’ve used this greeting. I’m fairly new myself). I live in the also-beautiful island of Taiwan (which means — I think — I’m closer to you than to America).

MBTI stands for “Myers-Briggs Type Indicator” and is a very popular psychological classification, if you could call it that. By asking you questions it assigns you a 4 letter combination that is one of 16 personality “types”, and it’s actually pretty accurate for a lot of people. You can take the test just by googling it and read about your profile (I’d recommend 16personalities) online. INFP is one of those 16 types.

I’ve read the Book Thief, but haven’t watched the movie. Have you read the book for The Book Thief? What are some of your favorite books/book series?

Glad you’re here!

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
        literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

Joy
        @dekreel
          • Total Posts: 2304

@abby1  Welcome to the Bestest Place in Cyberspace!!! 😀 😀

New Zealand?! WOW, I don’t think we’ve ever had a New Zealander on KP before. Special welcome! (I’m from America, BTW, but there are also a few Australians, a couple Canadians, and at least one English person.)

What is your novel about? 🙂

Just what Grace said, MBTI is a personality test that consists of four letters. The first letter is either E or I (extroverted or introverted), the second is either N or S (intuition or… sensing), the third is T or F (thinking or feeling), and the fourth is J or P (judging or prospecting). I’m an ENFP/ENFJ mix. So I’m Extroverted, Intuition, Feeling, and …. I guess both Judging and Prospecting. But I would recommend you take the actual test than just go by what I have said here. XP  It’s easy to find — just search for “MBTI test” online. The website is called “16Personalites.” But I think Grace mentioned that 🙂

@gh24682468999
            You’re from Taiwan?! Whooaaa…

Who else here lives in an awesome country?!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Joy.

You can pronounce it however you want.

Josiah DeGraaf
          @aratrea
            • Total Posts: 717

Hey @abby1; welcome to the site! Glad you’ve found us and joined our community here. 🙂 What first inspired you to be a writer?

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

introvert_girl
            @introvert_girl
              • Total Posts: 153

@abby1 Welcome! We’re all glad to have you! 😀
              Do you have a favorite genre?

And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.

Mariposa Aristeo
              @mariposa
                • Total Posts: 335

@abby1 Hiya! Me and my assistant, Aberdeen the authorosaurus, greet you!

It’s neat that you reside in New Zealand! 😃 I’ve never been there, but from the photos I’ve seen, it looks breathtaking. What is your favorite thing about living there?

Daeus
                @daeus
                  • Total Posts: 4238

@abby1 Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!

I do believe you’re the first New Zealander we’ve ever had. How did you find us?

What types of books do you like to write?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

The fledgling Artist
                  @notawriter
                    • Total Posts: 328

@abby1

Great to meet you Abby!
                    Whats your novel about? And how long have you been working on it?
                    Hmm and lastly.. Pancakes or waffles? 😀

and I was so confused

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 859

@abby1 Welcome! I see that you are 13, and play mandolin. You should get along really well with my little sister @emily. She’s fun. But watch out, she corrects grammar, so you must be careful 😉

What’s your favorite type of music? I love riding horses, and also wish I could do it everyday. I also like dogs. Oh, and I live in South Texas.

@gh24682468999
                      That was a very good explanation of MBTI. Bravo. 😉

itisastarrynight
                      @itisastarrynight
                        • Total Posts: 134

@abby1 Welcome! I just joined myself a couple of days ago. Very nice to meet you and we’re glad to have you here. If you take the mbti test I’d love to hear about it! I’ll spare you the explanation as dekreel and grace seems to have beat me to it :). Mine is INFJ. What types of books do you like to read? Is reading the only storytelling media you would prefer?

I can't believe it's not butter!

Anonymous
                          • Total Posts: 1330

@abby1 Welcome to the Kingdom! Wow! New Zealand. One of my friends has been there several times and she says it is beautiful. I play mandolin too! I also play violin and piano. I used to play cello too, but I quit a while ago. 😀 Do you play any other instruments?

You should definitely figure out your MBTI. It’s really fun. @shannon and I talk about it a lot. 😛

Have you ever read the Ascendance Trilogy? Those books are my favorites. 😀

What is your favorite color?

I also love animals. Horses especially. I want a dog too.

How many siblings do you have? I have 11.

Once again, welcome to KP!

Sam Kowal
                          @sam-kowal
                            • Total Posts: 635

@abby1 😀 Hi, and welcome to the bestistest place on the internet

That’s so cool that you’re from New Zealand! I would love to go there (because of Lord of the Rings)

Stan says Hi too. He’s a little flightless orange dragon, and my pal.

What is your book about? I’m writing a bunch of projects right now, which are misbehaving

You play mandolin, that’s cool! 😀 @emily plays mandolin, too

I like horses too, actually. I would love to ride more, but I don’t even know how to ride properly. I have walked and trotted on a horse once before though ;D

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                            Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Ben Powell
                            @supermonkey42
                              • Total Posts: 273

@abby1 Hello, and welcome to the Kingdom of Pen, the only place where dragons talk, words are worth their weight in gold, and raspberries might as well be the official currency. 😀

Ah, New Zealand… you’re lucky. 🙂

A Kapeefer for life!
                              Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Grace H.
                              @gh24682468999
                                • Total Posts: 199

@shannon Thanks 🙂 🙂

@dekreel
                                Well compared to lots of places America is a pretty awesome country – I guess its a matter of perspective.

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
                                literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >