Greetings, earthlings!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Greetings, earthlings!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Jessi Rae
    @jessi-rae
      • Total Posts: 250

I am Jessi Rae, spinner of stories and weaver of words, discoverer of fantastical realms and traveler through worlds…

At least, I would be if certain people were more cooperative. *glares at characters from all my stories* Oh, I still travel through worlds and discover fantastical realms, but the inhabitants of these places don’t seem to trust me. Must be the tragic or otherwise horrible backgrounds I give them…

Anyway. I write speculative fiction threaded with Christian truths, and I hope to someday try my hand at thrillers. None of my works have been published, and I technically haven’t finished a full first draft yet. I have started quite a few stories though. It’s just hard to finish them.

Currently I’m working on a Snow White retelling for the Rooglewood Press writing contest, and a YA dystopian fantasy.

When I’m not wrestling characters for information, I’m an introverted high school homeschooler who loves chocolate, coffee, popcorn, pizza, and German shepherds. Despite being a little socially awkward, I love to act in plays with my homeschool drama group, and I dream of acting in movies someday (and maybe even writing some).

I look forward to conquering Kingdom Pen! Oops… Did I just say that out loud? Of course I meant getting to know fellow authors and learning how to improve my writing. *nervous laughter*

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 859

Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet @jessi-rae!

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

@Jessi-Rae *rests hands on top of sword and grins* Good luck with the conquering… this place tends to work by contraries though. It can’t be conquered. The harder you try the more it conquers you.

Do you know your MBTI type? Are you an INFP? We have a lot of those around here… and incidentally, I’m one. 😉

Hey! I’m doing the Rooglewood contest too! All the best; see you there. 😀

Do you like poetry?

Alia
          @alia
            • Total Posts: 1253

@jessi-rae, Welcome to the bestiest place on the web. Watch out for @kate_flourney, she’s a dragon in disguise and not to be trusted.

I love fairy tale re-tellings. I’m actually working on a Rumpelstiltskin one. With a bit of Sleeping Beauty, Repunzel, and Beauty and the Beast mixed in.

What are your favorite book series? Any Tolkien mixed in there?

WIP - Decisions
            Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Jessi Rae
            @jessi-rae

Thank you @Shannon! 😀

@Kate_Flournoy, thank you for the luck. I’m sure I shall need it. *dips head* 🙂

I think my MBTI type varies between INTP and ENTP.

Thanks! Hopefully I will see you there. My main character especially had better shape up, otherwise my contest endeavor shall be doomed…

Yes, I do like poetry. Writing it is especially fun, when I have inspiration.

Thanks for the advice, @Alia. I shall keep that in mind… 🙂

Cool! That sounds really interesting. 🙂 Good luck on your retelling/s!

My favorite book series are the Tales of Goldstone Wood, the Circle Series, the Cooper Kids Adventure Series, the Paradise Novels, the Outlaw Chronicles, the Codebearers Series, the Door Within, the Chronicles of Narnia, the Legends of Light Novellas, the Lunar Chronicles, and too many more to mention! (I love to read. XD) Unfortunately, I haven’t really gotten into Tolkien’s books, though I do love the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings movies.

Hannah
              @salome01w4g
                • Total Posts: 991

@jessi-rae welcome, welcome! Aww Homeschooler lover chocolate, coffee, and german sheperds 😀 Yep, guys I think she can stay!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😛 XD And once again Welcome!

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Jessi Rae
                @jessi-rae

@Hannah Thank you, thank you! *bows* 😀 XD

Hannah
                  @salome01w4g

@jessi-rae Thou art welcome! 🙂 *passes imaginary mug of coffee and chocolate to you* 😀
                    also I did want to mention for future reference (and so you don’t tag someone and don’t see your message) my tag is @salome01w4g. If you click on someones name beneath their profile pic it will take you to their page were you can view their tag! It’s tricky but it does get easier. 😀

Hannah
                    @salome01w4g

oh also @jessi-rae the tag will appear blue if it was the correct tag. 🙂 😉

Jessi Rae
                      @jessi-rae

@salome01w4g *eagerly accepts chocolate and coffee*

*sheepish grin* Thanks for the heads up. I shall remember that for future reference.

Hannah
                        @salome01w4g

np! *remembers I wanted to ask a question* do you prefer country or the city???

@jessi-rae

Jessi Rae
                          @jessi-rae

@salome01w4g You mean for living in? I would pick country, though I unfortunately live in the city.

Hannah
                            @salome01w4g

@jessi-rae Same (for living) I live kinda country (about 15 minutes from town) but we’re getting ready to move into real country.

Jessi Rae
                              @jessi-rae

@salome01w4g Sweet! Lucky you! I wish I could move into the country… Though I don’t want to move anywhere until after I graduate, unless I can move closer to my homeschool group.

Elizabeth
                                @that_writer_girl_99
                                  • Total Posts: 1819

Hello @jessi-rae Welcome to KP!

What kind of stories do you like writing?

(bonus points if you can tag me correctly in your response)

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 96 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >