Greetings, all!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Greetings, all!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Lola Jane
    @lola-jane
      • Total Posts: 14

*waves* Hi, everybody!
      My name is Melinda, but you can call me Lola. 🙂
      Other than reading and writing, I love Jesus, turtles, and babies. #mylifeexplainedinthreewords
      I look forward to getting to know more of you in the coming days and to writing more words for His glory!

shecallsmelola.wordpress.com

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

Hi, @lola-jane! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet.

How did turtles make your top three? What do you like about them?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Adry_Grace
        @adry_grace
          • Total Posts: 169

@lola-jane Welcome new friend!

Well, actually I prefer sharks, but you know. Memes.

Reading and writing, you say? Do you have a favorite genre to read and write? Or two if they’re different? Do you have a favorite book?

Lola Jane
          @lola-jane

@Daeus Well, it all started when my sister bought me a stuffed turtle one time when I was really sick. I named him Samwise Gamgee and he is one of my most prized possessions. I’ve had a thing for turtles ever since. (I also have another stuffed turtle named Peregrin Took, although, I affectionately call him Pippin or Pip most of the time.)

Lola Jane
            @lola-jane

@Adry_Grace That meme is disturbing me. ;P Sharks? One of my best friends loves sharks too! (Please tell me you don’t want to go swimming with them without a cage too, though. I might scream and run.)

You’re asking me favorite genres and books? It’s too hard to pick only one! *sobs in corner*

Errm, favorite genre to write would probably be fantasy fiction. Favorite genre to read…I absolutely cannot pick only one. I love historical fiction, fantasy, and interesting nonfiction history books.

Favorite book? *beats head against the wall repeatedly* I’m going to have to separate them into categories. Favorite nonfiction (other than the Bible, because it totally does not even count) would probably have to be Mere Christianity. It gave me the knowledge to hold onto my assurance.

Favorite fiction…Narnia and Wingfeather Tales.

And now I have been a terrible person by not following guidelines and giving way too many answers when you asked for only one. It was just too hard. Have some imaginary cake.

Anne Swiftblade
              @anne-swiftblade
                • Total Posts: 84

Hello @lola-jane! My name’s really Sarah, but I’m known as Anne Swiftblade in the Kingdom. Welcome 🙂

Josiah DeGraaf
                @aratrea
                  • Total Posts: 717

Welcome @lola-jane! Glad you found us. What’s the premise of your current work-in-progress?

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Ethryndal
                  @ethryndal
                    • Total Posts: 1013

Hey, @Lola-Jane! My name is also Sarah, but hardly anyone calls me that on account of being an Elf. 😀 You like Narnia? I LOVE Narnia! (Yes, I am aware that it is the wrong fandom for Elves. I like to think that I’m also a world traveler, not just an Elf. 😉 ) Which book is your favorite?

Guys, I still haven’t managed to finish the Wingfeather books, so I respectfully ask for NO SPOILERS!!! 😀

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Lola Jane
                    @lola-jane

@Josiah-DeGraaf My current WIP is entitled Dome and it’s about a girl who lives under the surface of the ocean. It’s her journey to finding the surface/the land, learning the truth, and facing her fears.

And that is an insanely lame synopsis. Synopsis writing is not my strong point. 🙁

• This reply was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by Lola Jane.
                      Lola Jane
                      @lola-jane

@Ethryndal Um, I would probably have to say The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Horse and His Boy, or The Last Battle. It’s so hard to pick a favorite! 😛

I shall be kind and refrain from giving any spoilers. But, I must say, finish the series! So much goodness. 🙂

Lola Jane
                        @lola-jane

Hi, @AnneSwiftblade! 🙂

• This reply was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by Lola Jane.
                          Josiah DeGraaf
                          @aratrea
                            • Total Posts: 717

@lola-jane Haha, no worries. 😉 Is the protagonist a mermaid, or is this an advanced society where humans can live underwater?

Also, FYI, tags rely on usernames, and while most people here have the same usernames as their profile names, a couple of us are weird and don’t. =P If you go to someone’s profile, you’ll be able to see their username so the tag actually works. So while my profile name is Josiah DeGraaf, my username is ‘aratrea,’ and you’ll need to use that to tag me. It takes a bit to remember who’s profile names match their usernames at first, but it should become pretty natural after a while. 🙂 Hope that helps!

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Kate Flournoy
                            @kate-flournoy
                              • Total Posts: 3976

@Lola-Jane hello! Welcome! *waves crazily for no reason* Glad to have you here. 😀

Lola Jane
                              @lola-jane

@aratrea Thanks so much for the tagging help! I was slightly confused…

It’s an advanced society. Her community lives in a giant domed structure on the ocean floor. Hence, my very non-original title.

Lola Jane
                                @lola-jane

@kate-flournoy *waves crazily back* I’m glad to be here. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >