Greetings!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Greetings!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@amily-huddleston Hi!  Welcome!  You write realistic fiction?!! That’s wonderful!  So do I, almost exclusively, but I’ve rarely met anyone else who does.  Fantasy seems to be in style. 🙂

Do you write historical or contemporary?  I do a little of both, but mostly contemporary.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17
        • Total Posts: 2522

@amily-huddleston Welcome! Brett Harris’ young writers community seems like an awesome place!

What are your favorite genres to read? Favorite books? Hobbies?

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
        www.jennaterese.com

Josiah DeGraaf
        @aratrea
          • Total Posts: 717

Hey @amily-huddleston! Welcome to the site. 🙂 We love the work that Brett & Jaquelle are doing over at Y-Dubs! How many words are you into your current WIP?

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Amily Huddleston
          @amily-huddleston
            • Total Posts: 16

Hi @rochellaine! I also write primarily contemporary realistic fiction. I find it easier to relate with modern readers and their problems that way. I’m too practical for fantasy!

Hey @jenwriter17! I love historical fiction, some non-fiction, and the occasional fantasy. My top three favorite authors are J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, and G.A. Henty. I love reading, writing, spending time with animals, and cheering on my college soccer team!

Hey @aratrea! Thanks for letting me join. 🙂 Yeah, Brett and Jaquelle are amazing! I hope I can join their paid community someday. I currently have a little over 4,000 words on my WIP, which I started about three weeks ago.

Jenna Terese
            @jenwriter17
              • Total Posts: 2522

@amily-huddleston I like historical fiction and fantasy too. Chuck Black’s books are really good Christian fantasy.

I love animals too! I have two guinea pigs and ride horses weekly. do you have any pets?

lol, I like soccer too. seems we have shared interests. I follow a team in England though. do you/have you ever played?

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
              www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine
                • Total Posts: 3322

@amily-huddleston I am romantic and practical at the same time – if that’s possible. 😀

I agree that relating with characters feels easier in realistic fiction.  I feel like when I read fantasy, even if there is a wonderful character arc and the characters face problems that I should relate to, I say “Well, this is fantasy, so it can’t happen in real life, so I can’t really learn anything from it.” (Subconsciously, of course,)

No offense to all the fantasy lovers. 🙂  I do enjoy a good fantasy book on occasion.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
                @dekreel
                  • Total Posts: 2304

@amily-huddleston  GAAH I’m late!! *waves fists at school*

Hello, and WELCOME TO THE BESTEST PLACE IN CYBERSPACE!

I LOVE your name! It’s creative and unique, yet simple. I love that 😀

So, what is your favorite book? Movie? TV show?

Les Miserables! I love that book! (But no spoilers — I’m only halfway through X) ) I love watching Cossette and Marius 🙂

You can pronounce it however you want.

ClaireC
                  @clairec
                    • Total Posts: 628

Yay! Welcome, again, @amily-huddleston! 😉

Realistic fiction sounds cool. I write speculative/historical. I love how we can all work together and help one another, despite writing very different content. This really is the bestistest place on the internet!

*whispers* psst, @dekreel, sorry to point this out, but it’s ‘bestistest’. Lots of people get it wrong, so don’t worry. okay…*fades away*

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

Sam Kowal
                    @sam-kowal
                      • Total Posts: 635

@amily-huddleston 😀 Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!

I’m a writer of mostly fantasy, but your WIP sounds awesome 😀  C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien are two of my favorite authors as well. It’s great to have you, a realistic fiction writer is somewhat unique over here where fantasy and sci-fi are really popular.

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                      Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Ingrid
                      @ingridrd
                        • Total Posts: 830

@amily-huddleston  *waves*  Hiya!  I love your name and you sound like an awesome person.  🙂

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Joy
                        @dekreel
                          • Total Posts: 2304

@clairec  *whispers back* Everybody says “bestistest!”

“Bestest place in Cyberspace” is my trademark welcome greeting. I’m not saying “bestistest place on the internet” isn’t awesome though, because it is. Billions of times more awesome than my greeting.

But it doesn’t rhyme! XD Thus, I brainstormed the rhyme: “Bestest place in Cyberspace” 😉

SO, I’m not wrong, I’m just not joining the bandwagon 😉

You can pronounce it however you want.

Mariposa Aristeo
                          @mariposa
                            • Total Posts: 335

@amily-Huddleston Ooh, paper making? That sounds cool! I don’t ride horses or anything, but I love watching old westerns. Do you like westerns?

Amily Huddleston
                            @amily-huddleston

@jenwriter17 That’s really neat that you get to ride horses so often! We just recently moved and I had to sell mine. We still have two dogs though! What are you guinea pigs’ names?

I haven’t watched much professional soccer, just my college’s team, though I think I’ll start! I used to play when I was really little.

Amily Huddleston
                              @amily-huddleston

Hello @Dekreel! My name was actually an accident. My parents fully intended to name me Emily, but someone made a mistake at birth and it got on my birth certificate as Amily. 😜 Now in college with a hundred other Emilys, I’ve decided to embrace the A!

I don’t know that I could name a single favorite book or movie. I rather liked Ben Hur, both book and movie. Eye in the Sky (movie) has provided much food for thought too.

You’ll love Les Miserables! The musical was beautiful, of course, but nothing can ever top the book.

Amily Huddleston
                                @amily-huddleston

Hello @clairc @sam-kowal @ingridrd! Nice to meet you all!

@mariposa
                                  Paper making is fun! So many different things you can do. I do love old westerns. Have you seen  any of Roy Rogers’s movies?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >