Greetings!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Greetings!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Amily Huddleston
    @amily-huddleston
      • Total Posts: 16

Hello all! My name is Amily. I’m 18 years old and from Idaho. I began writing fantasy when I was ten, but it quickly petered out. Now, with the aid of Brett Harris and the Young Writer Community, I have revived my writing, focusing more on realistic fiction. I can’t wait to get to know you all and participate in this community.

Snapper
      @dragon-snapper
        • Total Posts: 3515

@amily-huddleston WELCOME TO THE BESTISTEST PLACE ON THE INTERNET!

Yo. I won the game for once. 😉

Ooh, realistic fiction. Do you have a current WIP?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Amily Huddleston
        @amily-huddleston

Hey @dragon-snapper! I do have a current work in progress. Well, two actually. One still in the planning and plotting stage and one that I’m actually writing. The first is set in the modern day US and its purpose is to bring awareness to CHDs (Congenital Heart Disease) as well as address God’s goodness in tough situations. The second is more fun and closer to fantasy, though there are no strange creatures or magic. It does, however, take place in a different universe during a civil war.

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 155

@amily-huddleston Hey there and welcome! What are some of you favorite books to read?

Skredder
            @skredder
              • Total Posts: 527

@amily-huddleston Welcome, welcome, welcome! It’s great to have you! 🙂

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Kaya Young
              @kaya-young
                • Total Posts: 272

@amily-huddleston Hello! I’m new(ish) around here too, and I think you will love it! Everyone is super warm and welcoming. I love your name by the way!

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
                http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

Amily Huddleston
                @amily-huddleston

Hello @waterlily! I love reading books of all sorts and genres, but some of my favorites are Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott, Abolition of Man by C. S. Lewis, Knight of the White Cross by G. A. Henty, and Lord of the Rings and Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien.

Amily Huddleston
                  @amily-huddleston

@skredder @kaya-young

Thanks for welcoming me!

Alia
                    @alia
                      • Total Posts: 1253

@amily-huddleston, Welcome! Love Tolkien and Lewis. I’m getting ready to read the Abolition of Man as soon as it comes into the library

WIP - Decisions
                      Kapeefer til we're old and grey

introvert_girl
                      @introvert_girl
                        • Total Posts: 153

@amily-huddleston Welcome! We’re so glad to have you *tosses confetti*
                        Do you have a favorite flavor of cookie? Do you have a favorite character (from film or books)?

And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.

Amily Huddleston
                        @amily-huddleston

@alia It’s an amazing book! It took a few reads to really grasp everything he says, but definitely worth the time!

@introvert_girl
                          I’m not sure I do have a favorite cookie…anything homemade is scrumptious! My all time favorite character is Faramir from Lord of the Rings. He’s so humble and caring, yet still a strong leader. Jean Valjean from Les Miserables is a close second though!

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice
                            • Total Posts: 3365

@amily-huddleston

And we add another Lord of the Rings fan to the kingdom!!! 🙂 *shakes your hand vigorously*. I love Faramir too, though I must say I like Frodo and Sam a little better. And Jean Valjean! You like Les Mis as well? We are officially friends now 🙂

Okay, I’ll stop being excited now. Let me think of a sensible question to ask. What was the last book or author that you finished?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Amily Huddleston
                            @amily-huddleston

Hey @seekjustice! *returns handshake equally vigorously* I love Tolkien’s world and am always delighted to meet others who appreciate his brilliance! And actually, Les Miserables (the unabridged version) was the last book I read! It was a reread, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Mariposa Aristeo
                              @mariposa
                                • Total Posts: 335

Howdy, @amily-huddleston! Me and my assistant, Aberdeen the Authorosarus (he’s an ink-drinking, book-eating dinosaur 🦖), greet you!

Besides reading and writing, what are your favorite hobbies? Do you like to draw? 🙂

Amily Huddleston
                                @amily-huddleston

Hello @mariposa and Aberdeen! My favorite hobbies are riding horses, training dogs, and anything else involving animals! I have recently attempted drawing, though without much success. I do enjoy writing with my feather pen and occasionally dabble in paper-making.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >