Greetings!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Greetings!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Vanna
    @vanna
      • Total Posts: 48

Hello everyone! I would say I’m new here, but you probably already know that.

So, a little bit about myself. I write fantasy/fiction (and the occasional extremely poor attempt at poetry), I’m a horrible procrastinator, and I have more ideas than I know what to do with. My favorite books include The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, The Tales of Goldstone Wood, Peter Pan, Pride and Prejudice, A Rose in Bloom, annnd I should probably just stop now.

I collect legos, dolls, and schleich figures and torture my younger siblings by not letting them play with them. I also dabble in drawing, but I’m not very good (and not the I’m-being-modest, the legitimate not very good).

I haven’t found any other writing forums geared towards Christians around my age, so I’m really excited about this place, and I look forward to posting with everyone!

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

Hi @Vanna. *Looks around. Nobody’s said it yet* Let me just say that this is the bestistest place on the internet. I say that so much it’s starting to sound cliche. *Licks cliche ??. Loves it.*

I love the chronicles of narnia and lord of the rings too (who doesn’t) and I even like pride and prejudice though it’s not as good as – Oh! It’s not as good as The Count Of Monte Cristo. There. I’ve indoctrinated you to Cristoism. *brushes hands together* You’ll have to tell me about that goldstone wood one. I don’t know why, but for some reason, the title sounds really cool.

I’ll look forward to seeing you around the place. *dwapples off*

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

Welcome to KP, @Vanna! The bestistist place on the internet! I love your name, by the way. Is it a pen name, or really yours?

Wow, we sound really similar in our interests! What kind of fantasy do you write— more like wonderful medieval/LotR stuff, or the really awesome, really weird, really… weird portal/time-travel/science-y stuff? I love the idea of both, though I haven’t read much of the latter. 🙂

Again, welcome! So glad to have you here!

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

Augh! We were posting at the same time, @Daeus. 😛

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

Augh! We were posting at the same time, @Daeus.

@kate-flournoy
              Noooooooooooooo!!!! The world’s gonna blow up!

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Adry_Grace
              @adry_grace
                • Total Posts: 169

Hello @vanna very nice to meet you. *shakes hand eagerly* Sounds like we have a lot in common! I love “A Rose in Bloom.” Louisa May Alcott is one of my favorite authors. I have to ask if you’ve ever read Little Men by the same author? Also since you listed Peter Pan I am going to have to ask you if you have heard of the Starcatchers series? It’s a Peter Pan origins story which I quite enjoyed when I read it.

I enjoy drawing every now and then… although I never draw anything worth bragging about. What do you like to draw?

I’m so glad you found Kingdom Pen. Daeus and Kate were telling the truth when they said it’s the bestistest place on the internet. (I’m gonna start stealing that phrase. Don’t tell.)

Vanna
                @vanna

@Daeus I must confess, I’ve never read The Count of Monte Cristo. I suppose I’ll have to now that I’ve been indoctrinated into Cristoism. 😛

The Tales of Goldstone Wood is a series of books by Ann Elizabeth Stengl. It’s definitely my favorite “modern” fantasy series. Some of the same characters or settings will appear in multiple books, but with one exception, most of them are self-contained stories. They have a strong thread of Christian/allegorical elements in them, but unlike some series, it’s woven in beautifully. I highly suggest checking them out. Her history and myth-building is so creative, honestly we had that small mention in book one, and then two books later, well actually that’s kind of spoilery.

And don’t you know cliches are bad for you? *She says as she licks several of her other.*

Faith Kindred
                  @faithdk
                    • Total Posts: 139

Hey there, @Vanna! It’s nice to meet someone with similar traits…(horrible procrastinator for example 😉 )
                    You’ll definitely have to check out the Writer’s Corner. It’s da double bomb! (sorry @Daeus, 😛 but I couldn’t resist). It’s where we go to find people who will write with us for a certain amount of time… A great way to keep yourself on track while writing.
                    And by heading over to the Knightings of the KeePers topic, you can get yourself…knighted!
                    So, welcome! It’s great to have you here! 🙂

Vanna
                    @vanna

@KateFlournoy

Thank you! It’s actually a shortened version of my first name, so yes and no?

It’s always nice to meet another fantasy geek. Probably more like LoTR/medieval stuff, although I’m trying to draw inspiration from other places besides Medieval Europe. It’s…harder than I thought it would be. What do you write?

Vanna
                      @vanna

@Adry_Grace *Shakes hand back.* Nice to meet you too! Louisa May Alcott is one of my favorite authors too, and I love Little Men. Have you read Independence? It’s one of her short stories and another one of my favorites.

I’ve heard about Peter and the Starcatchers, and I saw the play/musical performance once. I have a feeling it wasn’t the most faithful of adaptions, however.

I mostly draw people or characters from my stories. I like the manga/japanese art style. Which is a bit strange considering I barely watch or read anything that uses it, but I found it easier to draw, personally. What about you?

Vanna
                        @vanna

@faith-kindred

Yay! A fellow procrastinator! I’ve read about the Writer’s Corner and it sounds like a da double bomb kind of place!

Knighted? My life-long dream is fulfilled! *cries tears of joy.*

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Vanna.
                          • This reply was modified 8 years ago by Vanna.
                          Adry_Grace
                          @adry_grace
                            • Total Posts: 169

@Vanna Yay! Another Little Men fan! I have not read that short story but I will have to look into it.

I think I may have seen it as well… If we saw the same one then: no it was not the greatest adaption… It sticks to the plot but its different somehow. The characters got all messed up in the adaption for one thing. And there were other things that were rather… out of place. The books were much better. Which is a given… but nonetheless true.

What I draw depends on my mood. If calligraphy counts as drawing, I do that a lot. I do fan art every now and then, and recently I’ve been going through a portrait phase.

Christine Eaton
                            @christi-eaton
                              • Total Posts: 306

Wow! So many new people here! (That is including myself as I have only been on the forum for a couple weeks now) Anyway Huzzah! I’m so glad you are here @vanna.

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Vanna
                              @vanna

@Adry_Grace Huzzah! Little Men deserves more appreciation. Did the version you saw have a rather bizarre musical number where the majority of the cast doubled as mermaids and sang a song? That bit was…strange.

Calligraphy is so pretty. Do you use markers or do you have one of those fancy ink-and-pen sets?

Vanna
                                @vanna

@christi-eaton

Huzzah as well! (That word seriously needs to make a come-back.) I’m glad to be here. This place is great!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >