G.K. Chesterton

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions G.K. Chesterton

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Gracie
    @graciegirl
      • Total Posts: 889

@Kate-Flournoy MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Oh. My. Goodness.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

@GracieGirl *squeals* Did you read it!!!??? Wasn’t it awesome? The thing about G. K. Chesterton’s stuff is that you read it, and by the time you get to the end it’s never about what you thought it was going to be about, but somehow manages to be even more awesome. 😀

Incidentally I also read The Man Who Was Thursday and loved it as well. It was beautiful. Confusing at times, but I personally LOVE abstract stories that mess with my mind and completely destroy common perspectives.

Gracie
        @graciegirl
          • Total Posts: 889

@Kate-Flournoy Yes, it was amazing!!! I loved it! And I know what you mean about it not going at all the way you might expect. By the end of both TMWWT and The Ball and the Cross I felt like it had been centuries since we’d argued with Gregory in Saffron Park, or tied up that tradesman so we could fight in his garden. Like, how did I even get here!?!?!?! 😆😆
          Yes, any books that mess with my mind or make me pull my hair wondering what in the world is happening have my undying respect. And both of those did just that!!
          I am reading TMWWT aloud to my brother and there’s one part in ‘The Unaccountable Conduct of Professor de Worms’ where Syme salutes St. Paul’s Cathdral and the ‘orb and the cross’ is mentioned. I stopped reading when we came to that and told Jac, ‘Give me a moment,’ and started laughing my head off, reminiscing about our adventures with that place like good times long past even though I’d only finished The Ball and the Cross that morning. 😆

*is probably geeking out about something*

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        >