Favorite Movies

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Film Favorite Movies

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 304 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Hoven
    @sarah-h
      • Total Posts: 669

@kate-flournoy What is Little Dorrit about? I’ve heard of it before, but I can’t remember where.

Sarah Spradlin
      @spradlin
        • Total Posts: 189

@ingridrd Yeah, I cried for like three hours right after watching it because I had a teacher just like the one in the movie. Still so good though.

"When enemies attack your kingdom you don't flee you show them why it's your kingdom. With your lightsaber."

Jada Morrison
        @jadamae
          • Total Posts: 199

I am not a huge movie fan (I prefer books 😉 ) but “The Incredibles” was really good. @mark-kamibaya I haven’t watched all of “Inception” but my brothers have watched it so. many. times. The Lord of the Rings movies were good too. “The Princess Bride”- such a classic.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Jada Morrison.
          Mark Kamibaya
          @mark-kamibaya
            • Total Posts: 318

@daeus Never heard of the hudsucker proxy. I’ll check it out.

@timothy-young
            I like How to Train Your Dragon 2 but I prefer the original. Better story. Sequel is a bit predictable in my opinion. But both are amazing.

@ingridrd
            Harry Potter! Yaass!

@hope
            I watched Inkheart a few years back and I remember really liking it. Has an amazing, unique concept! (I’m jealous of any story with a great concept. I seem to lack that type of creative mind) I’ve heard so many of my friends talk about the Sherlock tv series. I feel like I’m the only one whose never watched it. I need to watch it some time . . . but I’ve seen the Robert Downey Jr. Sherlock Holmes movies. Have you seen those? They’re hilarious and are so . . . quirky. And yes. I’ve seen epic. It’s pretty good. At first I thought it was a Pixar movie.

@dragon-snapper
            My thoughts exactly! The first HTTYD is better than the sequel. And the Princess Bride is such a classic! Still hating on Peter Jackson and the stupid screenwriters (or executives) who ruined the Hobbit movies.

@kate-flournoy
            My family watches that movie every Christmas. No idea why. It’s definitely not a Christmas movie, but who cares–it’s a great movie. I’ll have to check out Little Dorrit, Master and Commander, and Horatio Hornblower. POTC is a good one. It’s still the best Pirates movie that they’ve made.

@alia
            Monsters Inc is great. Won’t tell you my thoughts on Star Wars (I don’t prefer it. I just can’t connect with space movies, okay? Like I got disconnected during Guardians of the Galaxy! Just don’t kill me), but I love the LOTR. My family goes on a LOTR marathon a couple times every year.

@adry_grace
            My friends laugh at me because I wear my watch like Chris Pratt does in Jurassic World (he wears it backwards). And I doubt you like all the Marvel movies. I mean come on. Thor 2? Think about that movie. Actually don’t. Spare yourself the depression. At least that’s how I feel about it. Besides, that movie all of them are pretty much awesome, though.

@emma-flournoy
            Sorry. Never heard of either of those movies. I’m gonna have to watch those ones. So you like british period dramas? Have you seen Pride and Prejudice and Zombies? Just kidding. About the Princess Bride I think that one of the reasons why it works so well is because of the characters. I mean they don’t change much, but the movie is a comedy (mostly satiric) so that’s more or less expected. Also, dialogue is part of the characters so . . . but I can also see that the most underdeveloped are Buttercup and Westley. Thinking about it more. If the Princess Bride would be released now, feminists would be outraged that Buttercup is probably the least defined character in the whole movie!

@rolena-hatfield
            Never heard of any of those movies. Sorry. All seem like great stories though. I’ll add them to my to-watch list.

@christi-eaton
            Yess! Pixar! They really do have a type of formula, but honestly people don’t seem to care. We don’t seem to care. We’re still gobbling up their movies like a toddler in a candy shop. My favorite Pixar movie is Finding Nemo. Still not loving those new movies as much. Nope. The best Pixar movie is still Finding Nemo.

@anne-swiftblade
            Yeah, I can see you’re a Disney person based on your profile pic. I haven’t seen the last three movies in your list and the Mr. Smith one. I’ll add them to my list. I really like the Music Man and Seven Brides. So you like super hero movies? Watch Push and tell me what you think. I really really liked it. Also, have you heard of the upcoming super hero movie “Logan?”

@sarah-h
            October Baby sounds pretty good. I’ll have to check out Priceless too. I think there needs to be more movies about serious issues. Or rather movies about serious issues that are actually good movies. I’ve seen One Night with the King and it’s pretty good. Oh, Prince of Egypt. Definitely one of the best biblical epics made. And the awesome music. Valkyrie is great too. Have you seen the Great Escape? What about Unbroken? Imitation Game?

@spradlin
            I gotta watch the Dead Poets Society. I’ve heard about it so much that it kills me that I haven’t seen it. It’s like sitting in my top five movies to watch.

@bluejay
            I’ve seen all those movies except for Beyond the Mask and the new Jungle Book. Beyond the Mask is Christian, right? I heard it was good. And the new Jungle Book was great I heard. I’ll have to watch those movies to find out if the hearsay is true. The only thing I disagree with is War Room. In my opinion that movie was a step down from what they normally do. The characters are stereotypical and the humor was bland. I actually slept through some of it. And I rarely sleep through movies. But that’s just my opinion. I like your opinion by the way.

@jadamae
            Finally, someone who has heard of inception! I also like the movies you like. Incredibles, LOTR, and Princess Bride are all wonderful movies. Milestones in recent cinema history.

@Everyone Who has seen the Martian? Any sci-fi geeks out there?

I blog on story and spiritual things at mkami.weebly.com

Hope Ann
            @hope
              • Total Posts: 1092

@mark-kamibaya The Inkheart books are even better. The first one seemed a little slow because the movie quickened everything so much, but I still liked it and I loved the next two. Inkdeath was my favorite.

Yes I’ve seen the Robert Downey Jr. Sherlock Holmes movies. They are pretty good. I’ve seen the Martian too. A few objectionable parts, but I enjoyed it. It was much funnier than I expected. 🙂

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

BlueJay
              @bluejay
                • Total Posts: 1622

@mark-kamibaya Haha. You see, I haven’t yet seen Fireproof or Courageous so maybe War Room isn’t has good as those two. Going from Facing the Giants to War Room was pretty impressive. And I love any movie that makes me cry. Plus the movie has a great lesson on the power of prayer and how God really does answer it.
                You’ve got to watch the new Jungle Book. It is AWESOME!!!!! As long as you don’t mind giant snakes. 😉

Ohhh…I thought of another great movie…has anyone seen “The Sons of Katie Elder”?????

Greta
                @gretald
                  • Total Posts: 450

@mark-kamibaya
                  Wait…are you a Harry Potter fan? I love Harry Potter!!! What are your favorite characters? Books? Movies?
                  Sorry, I’m those are some of my all-time favorite books/movies. 🙂

I also love the Lord of the Rings movies (of course), Princess Bride (like I said before), National Treasure, Oceans 11, and the new movie Zootopia was actually really good–which I did not expect. I also like the BBC Pride and Prejudice series (like I said above) and the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie (after that, they just get weird, in my opinion). Oh! And The Avengers movies are good (well…most of them). As for more serious movies, I like the Band of Brothers.

@Jadamae
                  I LOVE “The Incredibles!” Such a good movie. 🙂

Greta
                  @gretald
                    • Total Posts: 450

@sarah-h
                    Fireproof and Courageous are my favorites, though I really like War Room and Facing the Giants, as well. 🙂 No, I haven’t seen Flywheel, though I’ve heard of it. I’ll have to watch it!
                    I don’t know of any other Biblical animated movies as good as Prince of Egypt with the same quality of music and everything. I wish there were more!
                    Ohh, I need to see Priceless. Isn’t the band For King and Country in that movie? I love their music. 😉

Kate Flournoy
                    @kate-flournoy
                      • Total Posts: 3976

@Sarah-H it’s a Dickens— about the youngest daughter of a debtor’s family who has to work to help her father pay his way out of debtor’s prison. Love story, but so much more— it’s about family, and sincerity, and courage and determination and self-sacrifice— it’s one of my all time favorites. Definitely recommend it.
                      As with all Dickens, there are elements of street-life and illegitimacy that are really sad and devastating to the families, but it was most definitely NOT promoted. As I remember there was only like one scene that had to be skipped because the villain is really creepy and a womanizer.

Mark Kamibaya
                      @mark-kamibaya
                        • Total Posts: 318

@bluejay Yeah, I can see your point. Maybe it’s just that War Room was a lot like the other ones that they’ve made so I got a little bored. But the movie does have a powerful message. The Sons of Katie Elder is supposedly really good. Of course, it’s a John Wayne movie that’s directed by Henry Hathaway and the music is by Elmer Bernstein! So you would expect it to be at least a little bit good. About the Jungle Book . . . I’m scared of snakes. But that shouldn’t scare me away from a great movie, right?

@hope
                        So you’ve seen the Martian? Wasn’t it awesome! I think I’ve said before that I can’t connect with space movies, but the Martian was the first space movie that I actually thought “This. Is good. Like. Really good.” The humor was great. The Martian actually won a Golden Globe for Best Comedy Film (I still think it should’ve got an Oscar for Best Picture). And the Martian was first released as a self-published book. So . . . self-publishers have hope. I actually have a friend who has been nagging me to read the Inkheart books for so long. Maybe now’s the time . . .

@gretald
                        I’m not a huge Harry Potter fan, but I like the story. Also Ocean’s Eleven. Great.

I blog on story and spiritual things at mkami.weebly.com

BlueJay
                        @bluejay

@mark-kamibaya The Sons of Katie Elder is DEFINITELY a great movie. Really, really, really, really, really, really, really….good. *considers adding a few more ‘reallys’.*
                          As for being scared of snakes, you at least have a lot of warning before Kaa enters and she is not made to be jumpy. I am totally petrified of snakes too but I watched it at the cinema. 🙂 *the big screen* Kaa is almost nice, in a bad kind of way. Of course if you don’t like watching a snake open its mouth and snap at stuff, you can look away when that happens. But it is over fairly fast.
                          Or you can do what my brother does and just not watch it. I mean, Kaa looks real and you get close views of her eyes and so on. My brother doesn’t even watch the bit of Kaa in the trailer.
                          When you do watch the movie, (if you do) let me know what you think. 🙂

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by BlueJay.
                          • This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by BlueJay.
                          Sarah Hoven
                          @sarah-h

@bluejay You need to see Fireproof! It’s really good. It’s my favorite one. Shall I give you a synopsis, or do you already know what it’s about?

@gretald
                            I heard that the lead singer for King and Country is the main actor. I know they also did a song called Priceless based on that theme. I am very excited to see it.

@kate-flournoy
                            That sounds like a really good one. Of course, anything Dickens is good. I wonder if it’s on Netflix?

Oh, has anyone seen I Am Not Ashamed, now out in the theaters? I haven’t yet. It’s about Rachel Scott and the Columbine High School shooting. My friends saw it, and they said it was really good.

Sarah Hoven
                            @sarah-h

@mark-kamibaya I’ve heard of Unbroken, but what are The Great Escape and Imitaion Game about? They sound interesting, for sure.

BlueJay
                              @bluejay

@sarah-h I really do want to see Fireproof soon. Yes, I do know what it is about. One day…and hopefully in the near future. 🙂

Sarah Hoven
                                @sarah-h

@bluejay Oh yay! I hope you do. Tell me what you think of it!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 304 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >