Favorite Movies

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Film Favorite Movies

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 304 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Hoven
    @sarah-h
      • Total Posts: 669

October Baby is one of my favorites. (It’s about abortion.) The way they developed the theme and characters is really well done. One Night with the King is really good, too; it’s about Esther. Oh, and I just watched Prince of Egypt for the first time a few days ago. I didn’t know it was possible for an animated video like that to make me cry, but I cried all right. If only Zipporah had kept all her clothes on… why do they have to ruin good movies like that?
      I also like Mr. Smith goes to Washington, It’s a Wonderful Life, and The Adventures of Robin Hood. I like older movies like that.

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

@Anne-Swiftblade hey, you like a lot of our favorites. 😀 BBC Pride and Prejudice… Seven Brides for Seven Brothers… Court Jester… we like all of those. Not to mention It’s a Wonderful Life and Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, which we already brought up…

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Kate Flournoy.
        Sarah Spradlin
        @spradlin
          • Total Posts: 189

Favorite movie? Good grief, that’s a tough one… Probably Dead Poet’s Society. It has some cruder elements to it, but the overarching theme of the mentor and coming of age is fantastic. It’s also a huge tear-jerker… so many feelings and what not. 🙂 Star Wars, The Chronicles of Narnia, and Lord of the Rings are some of my more mainstream favorites though. I think they’re a little more self-explanatory though. XD

"When enemies attack your kingdom you don't flee you show them why it's your kingdom. With your lightsaber."

Hope Ann
          @hope
            • Total Posts: 1092

I love Mr. Smith goes to Washington too, @emma-flournoy. Then there is the Princess Bride. And I love Pixar’s A Bug’s Life. I love most of Pixar’s movies, except Brave and then The Good Dinosaur. That one was just weird. I also really like Epic…the movie with the little forest people and such. Has anyone seen that? So cute.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Emma Flournoy
            @emma-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 1352

And of course, The Princess Bride. I don’t think that one is so awesome for its characters (except for Humperdink, who is SO well done 😛 And Fezzik…and Count Rugen…and Vizzini…well, I guess it’s mostly just Westly and Buttercup who aren’t incredible. *gulp*) as much as it is for the dialogue and relationships. The dialogue is just too great, with all the wonderfully quotable quotes; the characters aren’t fascinating by themselves so much as they are entertaining because of their interaction with each other.

Greta
              @gretald
                • Total Posts: 450

@sarah-h
                Oh, October Baby is really good. I haven’t seen it in a while, but I remember liking it a lot. 🙂 Have you seen Courageous, Fireproof, War Room, and Facing the Giants? Those are the same sort of movies as October Baby, and they’re all really great movies. OH MY GOODNESS, I KNOW! Prince of Egypt is one of the best animated movies I have ever seen! The music is SO powerful. Love that movie. 😀

@kate-flournoy

Yes, yes, YES! The BBC Pride and Prejudice is the BEST! We watched it recently again, and it’s SO GOOD. No other versions of Pride and Prejudice compare.

@spradlin

Oh, yes. The Dead Poet Society was good but very sad. I usually don’t cry during movies, but that one made me cry…a lot. And yes to the Lord of the Rings and Star Wars movies! 🙂

@hope

I’ve never seen The Good Dinosaur because I’ve heard it’s really bad. Brave was okay…just a little weird. But most Pixar movies are great! The Toy Story movies especially are classics.

@emma-flournoy

YES, Princess Bride is an all-time favorite for me! 😀 There are some many good quotes from that movie. 😛

Snapper
                @dragon-snapper
                  • Total Posts: 3515

I also like the animal version of Robin Hood, where Robin Hood is a fox and Prince John is a lion. That’s one of my favorites; and along those lines, The Emperor’s New Groove. Oh, Kronk. That one never gets old.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Sarah Hoven
                  @sarah-h

@gretald I’ve seen those! Fireproof is my favorite; Courageous is too sad, and I was so mad at the ending because Shane was my favorite character. I do like Javier, though, so I can’t say I don’t like the movie. Have you seen their first movie, Flywheel? It’s not the same quality, being a first movie, but I still really like it.

The music in Prince of Egypt is amazing. Do you know if Dreamworks made any other Bible movies like that, that were that good? We watched their Joseph one, but I thought it was lame.

Has anyone seen Priceless? It just came out in the theaters, and it’s about human trafficking- not just the terribleness of it, but how people go in and rescue girls who are trapped in it. (I haven’t seen it yet, but my best friend has.)

BlueJay
                    @bluejay
                      • Total Posts: 1622

@everyone There are some great movies being listed here. Narnia, The Inheritance, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Pride and Prejudice (ignoring Lydia every time she uses the Lord’s name in vain) Tangled and @hope Epic. I’ve have seen it. 😉

As for me, I have to cut the movies into categories:
                      2D animation: Bambi
                      3D animation: Tangled, Bolt, or the new Jungle Book
                      Acted out: Um…Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (at the moment)
                      Christian acted out: War Room. Hands down for that one. There is no movie to beat it.
                      Romance: Pride and Prejudice (echoing what I said above)
                      Adventure: Beyond the Mask

See, it is just so hard to choose. 🙂

Sarah Hoven
                      @sarah-h

I also like serious historical movies, like Valkyrie, which is about Claus Stauffenberg’s plot to kill Hitler (@kate-flournoy You’ve seen that one, right?), and Jean La Pucelle, which is a French movie about Joan of Arc, extremely accurate and very well done, plus it’s in French which makes it doubly awesome.

Daeus
                        @daeus
                          • Total Posts: 4238

Oh, the man who never was. As far as I know, the part they have in there about the german spy isn’t real, but I think everything else is pretty much spot on to what really happened, or at least really close. Amazing story.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Emma Flournoy
                          @emma-flournoy

@Sarah-h
                            Oh yeah, Valkyrie was a good one.
                            Who else finds themselves, after historical movies, always researching to see how accurate they were??

@Bluejay
                            No, really, ignoring Lydia period. Right? Heh.
                            Obviously the story would not work without her, but she is a pain to watch.

Kate Flournoy
                            @kate-flournoy
                              • Total Posts: 3976

@Sarah-H yes, I loved that one! So heartwrenching… which probably explains why I loved it. 😛

Let’s see… I also really like Master and Commander, Horatio Hornblower, Little Dorrit, and Pirates of the Caribbean 1. I like the other Pirates movies as well, but none so well as the first.

Ingrid
                              @ingridrd
                                • Total Posts: 830

@spradlin The Dead Poet’s Society was…well, let’s just say I was depressed for 24 hours. 🙁

@Sarah-h
                                Priceless seems like a great movie; I just haven’t seen it yet.

@bluejay
                                War Room was reeeeeeeally good. Love that movie. 🙂

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Emma Flournoy
                                @emma-flournoy

Oh yes, Horatio Hornblower—yes, all those. Anything Kate says, I definitely do too. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 304 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >