Favorite Movies

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Film Favorite Movies

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 304 total)
  • Author
    NC Stokes
    @daughteroftheking
      • Total Posts: 1156

@anne-swiftblade *gasps* THE MUSIC MAN IS SOOO GOOD. *dies* I also like Newsies.
      Anyway, I’m generally not a movie person, and my favorite movie varies depending on when someone asks. But today, or at least right now, it’s Rear Window. If you’ve seen it, get over here, I’m going to hug you and shower chocolates on your head. Seriously, it’s amazing. And the WHOLE THING takes place in one apartment, or from the perspective of a camera looking out of the window. There are a few parts that were a bit inappropriate, but it was made in 1954, so you’re not going to get anything too bad. In short, go watch it. 😀 On other days, my favorite movies are the Princess Bride, Beauty and the Beast (the cartoon version), and probably Paddington.
      There. My info dump of the day. 😉

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

NC Stokes
      @daughteroftheking
        • Total Posts: 1156

@anne-swiftblade *blushes as she realizes your post was from a year ago* Ohhhh I made a mistake… I thought this thread was new. I didn’t see that there were 17 PAGES. *cringes* Sorry…

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by NC Stokes.

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Ingrid
        @ingridrd
          • Total Posts: 830

@daughteroftheking lol, I do that sometimes.

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Daeus
          @daeus
            • Total Posts: 4238

Hi friends,

I just came back from The Christian Worldview Film Festival, if any of you have heard of that. Basically, all I did was watch Christian films for three days, so I thought I’d share my opinions on what I watched.

Feature films:
            Altar Egos. This film has a tacked on theme and is not very moving, but it is super hilarious!
            Like Arrows. This is a story of a couple’s journey in parenting. Parts of it are a little picture perfect and it didn’t impress me with its theme, but I can also say it is overall solid with believable character arcs and I believe it will speak well to a Christian audience. I recommend it.
            Run The Race. After Chariots Of Fire, this movie is now tied for my second favorite Christian film. The dialogue was very realistic and well done and the theme was natural and impactful, presenting a strong Christian message with excellence. The characters are deep and relatable. Lot’s of good to say about this film. It’s designed for a YA crowd and I think it will be well received by them. (Note: This movie is not out yet. Sadly.)
            Grace And Gravity: This is also tied for my second favorite Christian film (and one of my favorite films period). The story is very unique. A Christian engineer over in Great Brittan goes to take pictures of a bridge and finds a Brittish atheist about ready to jump from it. He tries to convince him not to jump. Despite what it sounds like, this is not your standard cliche preachy Christian story at all. It’s brutally honest, raw, and complex. If it weren’t for the fact that the movie doesn’t have a clear message (it does have a lot of powerful lessons though), I would give it a ten out of ten for theme. It still gets a nine. This film is also incredibly funny without sacrificing any of its seriousness. I highly recommend this film! (Note: it is not out yet, sadly)

Short films: (Note: I’m not sure where or even if these films are available for viewing)
            Character study: This film wins big points for its creativity with breaking the fourth wall. Very fun!
            Bump: This is a fantasy world allegory on the abortion issue and it did pretty well. At first it makes no sense and then you go, “Ooooooohh…”

Documentaries:
            Cafe Diego: A great documentary if you’re interested in farming, Christian business, or if you struggle with letting God take control of your life. It’s also just really inspiring.
            I Lived On Parker Avenue: This is the story of a guy who was almost aborted as a baby but was instead given up for adoption. The documentary follows him as he meets with his birth parents for the first time. This is a very impactful documentary and I probably would have bawled if there weren’t other people in the theatre. You can watch it free here. https://www.ilivedonparkerave.com (Hint: do so)
            Alien Invasion: Unmasking A Deception: I learned in this film that 80% of the public believes in aliens. I hope all that 80% watches the film. It shows that the idea of aliens is scientifically laughable, but also points out documented cases of alleged “alien intrusion” that are very convincing can’t be explained naturally. The answer given to this dilemma connects the puzzle perfectly. I’ve heard some of this stuff before, but this film went in depth leaving me with no doubt as to the truth.

For those who might be interested:

@supermonkey47 @aratrea @kate-flournoy @dekreel @ingridrd @mark-kamibaya @dragon-snapper @all-you-people 🙂

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 3976

@Daeus COOL. Several of those sound really neat. Thanks for the reviews. 😀

Mark Kamibaya
              @mark-kamibaya
                • Total Posts: 318

@daeus Yeah, I’ve heard of that film festival! A couple of recent alumni from the college I go to had their short films screened at the CWVFF. The films were Who Is Jade, Grounded, Character Study, and Created and Redeemed.

I blog on story and spiritual things at mkami.weebly.com

Daeus
                @daeus

@mark-kamibaya Oh, yeah. You’re a Bob Jones guy. I didn’t see Grounded or Created and Redeemed, but my mom saw Created and Redeemed and told me it was really good.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Joy
                  @dekreel
                    • Total Posts: 2304

@daeus  Ooh! Those sound interesting!

Have you ever heard of or seen the movie The Insanity of God? Your post reminded me of it. I would recommend it! but I don’t think it’s out yet… It’s about a couple of missionaries spreading the Gospel in the African Muslin country of Somalia. It’s really exciting and tugs your heart. 8 out of 10.

Note: Not recommended for those who don’t like violence.

@mark-kamibaya
                      *blinks*  I didn’t know you were still around!

You can pronounce it however you want.

Mark Kamibaya
                    @mark-kamibaya

@dekreel Lol yes I’m still alive. I’ve sort of drifted away from KP because of the busyness of college but also because it’s mainly a novel/short story website and I’m a film guy. However, I do check out the KP forums whenever I’ve been tagged!

Joy
                      @dekreel

@mark-kamibaya  Gotcha. Well hey, film-making is technically writing, too, right? XD

And as long as I’m here I shall lay out a bunch of my favorite movies…

• Inside Out
                        • Finding Dory
                        • Home (animated film)
                        • The Cat Returns
                        • Big Hero 6
                        • Zootopia
                        • Despicable Me
                        • LEGO Movie
                        • LEGO Batman Movie
                        • Peanuts Movie
                        • Rio, and the sequel
                        • Kung Fu Panda, and the sequels
                        • March of the Penguins
                        • Planet Earth documentary series
                        • Life documentary series

… And possibly more. As you all can probably tell, I prefer animated movies and nature documentaries XP

Mark Kamibaya
                        @mark-kamibaya

@dekreel Yeah, film does rely heavily on the same concepts and theories as prose but I just prefer film. I actually wrote a short article on the main difference between book and film (shameless self-promotion there).  And yes lol I see you like the nature/animated films. Personally, I prefer drama films that goes deep into character or pretty stylistic films with amazing editing, cinematography, and sound design.

Daeus
                          @daeus

@dekreel I have heard of that movie. I haven’t watched it yet, but I really want to.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine
                              • Total Posts: 3322

@dekreel 😀 Do you watch anything that’s not animated?

Yeah, I know you do.  It’s just that at least 80% of that list is animated movies.  And I rarely watch anything but live action.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
                              @dekreel

@rochellaine  X’D  Um… Well obviously Star Trek and Doctor Who! And Star Wars. And others…

Instead of animated I SHOULD say that I watch mostly G and PG-rated movies, most of which are animated. I have only watch a palm-ful of PG-13 movies. And no R-rated movies

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine
                                  • Total Posts: 3322

@dekreel And I basically watch movies made prior to 1967.  Preferably black and white.  All of which would be rated somewhere around PG if made now, I believe, though since I only watch the old stuff I really don’t know anything about modern ratings. ;D

The only stuff I watch that’s more recent than that would include Little House on the Prairie (Which I despise for many reasons, but which my siblings adore,) Star Trek, Stargate SG-1 (Which you really should watch,) and a couple of other sci-fi comedy movies which my brother shows me.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 304 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >