Favorite Movies

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Film Favorite Movies

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 304 total)
  • Author
    Kate Flournoy
    @kate-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 3976

@Daeus ha. 😀

… I believe that’s called plagiarism… XD

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

*cringe* I don’t know what to say. Are there any generic answers I can plagiarize?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Alia
        @alia
          • Total Posts: 1253

@kate-flournoy
          when I watched Jungle Book, I picked up on some of the things you mentioned, but what I liked most about it was the whole adoption aspect. It might be only because I have two adopted sisters that I noticed it, but I felt like they did it very well. Adoption is so often stereotyped as either its always rainbows and sunshine, or the complete opposite, that I really enjoyed the mix in this movie

WIP - Decisions
          Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

@Alia yes, now that you mention it, I definitely see that.

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 1486

@jess glad you liked it 🙂

Mark Kamibaya
              @mark-kamibaya
                • Total Posts: 318

@dragon-snapper I swear I will answer you. What you’ve said really sparks some questions of my own. But I’m kind of busy this week (anniversary week of the Bible College)

@kate-flournoy
                Same for you.

I blog on story and spiritual things at mkami.weebly.com

Snapper
                @dragon-snapper
                  • Total Posts: 3515

@mark-kamibaya That’s fine. I understand that it was an insanely long post. 😛

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Leumeister
                  @leumeister
                    • Total Posts: 244

The Avengers is not as great as Inception but it is a must watch if you want to learn how to handle ensembles in your book.

I have to ask… What exactly is an ensemble?

Also… About my favorite movie… I have so many that I like, such as Toy Story 2, WALL-E, Despicable Me 1 and 2, The LEGO Movie, Tomorrowland, War Room, God’s Not Dead, and many others that I actually don’t have a specific favorite! :/

Am I the only one who’s like this??? XD

Ethryndal
                    @ethryndal
                      • Total Posts: 1013

@leumeister Never fear, I am here to assure you that you are NOT the only one like that. No one in my family (least of all, me) can choose our favorite movie either. As long as it’s Pixar or Lord of the Rings or Chronicles of Narnia or some Marvel superhero that’s not Ironman, or any Christian movie that’s not cheesy, etcetery and so forth, we’re happy.

And I’ve just got to ask: is that Axle from Rock Raiders in your profile pic? *hopeful smile*

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Leumeister
                      @leumeister

@ethryndal

:O

You know Rock Raiders???!??!? 😀 Yes it is! I textured a minifig rig I made as him! 😀

Also, what’s wrong with Iron Man? Or do you just not like the movies?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Leumeister.
                        Anne of Lothlorien
                        @anne-of-lothlorien
                          • Total Posts: 440

Okay, @Mark-Kamibaya DO NOT BASE YOUR ASSUMPTION OF BEYOND THE MASK OFF OF PENDRAGON. Yes, they are the same company, and I haven’t even watched Pendragon, but my brothers have, and they say BtM is WAAAAY better. They improved a LOT and got professional actors (John Rhyss Davies and Andrew Chenney or whoever) It’s a bunch more professional.

As concerned with live Disney re-makes, I have not seen Maleficent, I wasn’t that much impressed with Jungle Book, and I loved the Cinderella.
                          About Beauty and the Beast. That is my favorite Disney princess movie EVER! It’s the turning point in the attitude-wise meter for them. Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White are humble servants happy to stay in their lot even if it’s not that great of a life, not whining about how they want something better. They dream about Prince Charmings yes, but come on, what girl doesn’t? We can’t deny it ladies. Don’t try. Well, you can try but it won’t work. Anyways, Belle does want something more to her life than to stay in a nosy little town, but she willingly gives up her future and possibly her life for her father, so he can go free. That’s pretty sacrificial. After her, most of the princesses, (Ariel (neverseenlittlemermaidthough) Rapunzel, Anna, etc) just sing about how they want to leave and find a handsome man to fall in love with. And that brings me to what someone else pointed out, that Belle fell in love with an ugly monster, and not a heart-throb. Not every girl finds a handsome man to marry, there are average and even ugly people in this world, and this movie shows that you don’t have to be handsome to fall in love. Beauty comes from within. So I really hope they don’t mess this up with the live action re-make. I am really hyped for it, and from the commercials, it looks like it will be good. And guess who plays Cogsworth?
                          Well… that was a rant. And I think I might start another on here…

So, who else has watched the new Pete’s Dragon? I watched it Friday with my family, even my five year old sister. I was so pleased with it and I loved it. I wanted to march to Hollywood and shout to everyone “See! See! You can make an awesome sweet epic touching movie without including immodesty, language, immorality, etc. It can be done people!” Seriously, I loved that movie so much. It might not be on my favorites, but it made me cry, (which isn’t hard to do) And touched me a lot.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Ethryndal
                          @ethryndal

@leumeister *GEEKY SQUEAL* I can’t believe you know Rock Raiders too!!! Most people I know don’t… My brother actually has all the vintage lego sets. (I’m not sure if I should call them vintage. It came out when, 1999? You know you’re a twenty-first century kid when you call the ’90’s vintage…)

And Ironman… I have a confession to make… *scuffs toe guiltily in the dirt* I’ve never actually SEEN his movies… But I’ve seen him in the Avengers, and personally, I don’t see much in the guy. I’m more a Team Cap person myself.

@anne-of-lothlorien
                            Beauty and the Beast! Just…yes. I watched the trailer yesterday and I’m already so…just…yes.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Leumeister
                            @leumeister

@ethryndal

Wow! Rock Raiders is one of my favorite LEGO Themes! I was even thinking of making a movie in Blender of it not too long ago! 😀

Oh, I see. Well, I haven’t either, so… 😛 I just like the hero because of the gadgetry.

Ethryndal
                              @ethryndal

I was even thinking of making a movie in Blender of it not too long ago!

@leumeister
                                You know I’m going to hold you to that now, right? 😉 Rock Raiders is definitely one of the best lego things ever. They’ve been getting more and more lame as time goes on until…Lions vs. Alligators? Really?

Ah yes, the gadgetry. I’ve got to admit, there’s no beating that. I just don’t like the guy behind the gadgetry, if you catch my meaning. I find it very hard to root for a hero who has no redeeming qualities, principles, or morals. Maybe he’s different in his actual movies. I don’t know. I just find it hard to believe.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Ethryndal.

BlueJay
                                @bluejay
                                  • Total Posts: 1622

So, who else has watched the new Pete’s Dragon? I watched it Friday with my family, even my five year old sister. I was so pleased with it and I loved it. I wanted to march to Hollywood and shout to everyone “See! See! You can make an awesome sweet epic touching movie without including immodesty, language, immorality, etc. It can be done people!” Seriously, I loved that movie so much. It might not be on my favorites, but it made me cry, (which isn’t hard to do) And touched me a lot.

@anne-of-lothlorien
                                  Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!!!! (and a few more yeses to top it off) I went and saw it in cinema and adored it. I cried buckets and buckets which was embarrassing and couldn’t stop crying for half and hour after the movie had ended. I was surprised it was a kids movie but I guess it was cute. Intense at the end though. And *gasp* how could they force a ten year old boy to make a decision like that??? Cruelty to children.

Beauty and the Beast…one of the best. Great story and moral to it. Plus I love the beast. (actually I love him more when he’s a beast. Just saying.)

WHAT!?!?!? You didn’t like the Jungle Book? Have you seen the animated one? Cause the new one is 100 times better. The story was stronger and it was more sensible than the other one. (I prefer sensible movies) Which is a bit weird because I love comedies. Yeah, I’m weird.

Yes, @mark-kamibaya Don’t base Beyond the Mask of Pendragon. (Well unless you like Pendragon. I did) Beyond the Mask has problems…it was home-made, but it is still impressive. The story is awesome and it has great actors as Anne was saying. Having said that, my brother doesn’t like it and he is into movie making a stuff. So I guess each to their own taste. (But if I was you, I wouldn’t listen to what people say, just try it for yourself) Have you seen the trailer? Maybe that will help you to decide???

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 304 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >