Fantasy Medicinal Plant Names?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Fantasy Fantasy Medicinal Plant Names?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jackson Graham
    @warrioroftherealm
      • Total Posts: 115
      Snapper
      @dragon-snapper
        • Total Posts: 3515

@warrioroftherealm

Caspin root.

Glaggun…

Hossrot root…

Letlest…

?? Any of those work?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine
          • Total Posts: 3322

@warrioroftherealm I love making up words! (For instance, the character name topic I started.) How about smogis, longofay, caheloma, or jonjuke?  What type of culture is it?  That might have bearing on what kind of sounds they use in their language.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jackson Graham
          @warrioroftherealm
            • Total Posts: 115

@rochellaine

Believe it or not, it’s for a medieval fantasy in a territory similar in language to norse/viking culture.

@dragon-snapper

I like Caspin root!

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine
              • Total Posts: 3322

@warrioroftherealm Well, it seems to me that in medieval Norse/viking culture they used a lot of v’s, o’s, and k’s.  In England (their main adversary) at the same time, there was a lot of use of the letters “ae” and “th” together, as well as a great many d’s and l’s.

Sorry if this is way to technical.  I am very detailed when it comes to historical accuracy, but I realize that there is no need for historical accuracy in fantasy. 🙂  Especially when it doesn’t even take place in the same timeline/world.

By the way, I LOVE the vikings. (Actually, that didn’t come out right.  Vikings were generally bad people.  But you know what I mean.)

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Catwing
              @catwing
                • Total Posts: 2557

@warrioroftherealm Some could be named after the people who discovered them (Harry’s grass, Darcy’s Tears, Will petals), where they are found (mountain mossroot, cliff sunrise), intresting features (twenty leafed poppy), or its use (itch vine, waking breath, trance[its flower can knock you out in high quantities])
                Random
                Kraken’s eye
                Glory rose
                Skull berries (they could have little white parts that look kinda like skulls…But they are helpful)
                Bleeding dawn

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >