Fall and Winter Goals: Writing Club

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Fall and Winter Goals: Writing Club

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Snapper
    @dragon-snapper
      • Total Posts: 3515

Gather, fellow knights and warriors of this realm!

@Overcomer
      and I had an idea a little bit ago for the fall. Because summer is now over, (yay–Fall!) that means that The Awesome Summer Writing Club is no longer summery. So, without further ado, I will begin a new topic with the same principal.
      We, as writer’s, will (or should, I won’t force you to) post our writing endeavors here for the winter and fall, our goals and what we hope to accomplish. For example, I hope to finish my WIP rough draft by Christmas, and anyone else who wants to have a similar goal can join in with me. We hold each other accountable to that goal and encourage each other in it.
      Now, *raises battle-sword* who’s with me?!
      -Captain Dragon Snapper-

@daeus
      @overcomer @bluejay @kate-flournoy @his-instrument @jess @clairec @timothy-young @warrioroftherealm @winter-rose @ingridrd @Christi-eaton @adry_grace @hope @anna-brie @gretald @jadamae @Hannah-krynicki @graciekry @writefury @Hannah-olsen @sarah-h @Hannah-c @spradlin @ivy-rose @corissa-maiden-of-praise @Julia-r @alia
      (If I’ve missed anyone, please tag them.)

• This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Snapper.
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Sarah Spradlin
      @spradlin
        • Total Posts: 189

*brandishes long sword* Let’s do this! I’ll probably just be aiming for writing a poem a month or something because life is crazy! But it sounds awesome!

"When enemies attack your kingdom you don't flee you show them why it's your kingdom. With your lightsaber."

Hope Ann
        @hope
          • Total Posts: 1092

Hurray @dragon-snapper!

*salutes*

Wordsmith and legendweaver reporting for duty.

I’m planing to finish editing my novel, Fidelyon in a few weeks. I’m also hoping to finish my third Legends of Light novella and get that polished up enough for beta-readers by the end of October (or November). And I’m attempting NaNo this year! *brandishes pen, ahem, keyboard* I’ve a novella and short story I’m writing for that.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Jess
          @jess
            • Total Posts: 575

I want to finish my current WIP by January, and I’m also doing NaNoWriMo! If I am still sane after that, I’ll hopefully finish editing around February. I’m rather ambitious for someone with a busy schedule. 😛 *raises sword. Onward!*

Greta
            @gretald
              • Total Posts: 450

@dragon-snapper
              I don’t have any specific goals (besides trying to write as much as I can), but I’d like to at least try to write a poem and short story a month. I don’t know how well that will work out, though, especially since I’m even more busy than usual in the next couple of months. 😉
              *holds up sword* But I will fight for the right to write! 😛

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Greta.
              Ingrid
              @ingridrd
                • Total Posts: 830

@dragon-snapper
                *grabs bow and shoulders quiver* Brilliant! I’m in!!!!
                I would like to finish my WIP by Christmas. I don’t have that much time on my hands, but I will find time or die trying! *adjusts breastplate and lowers helmet visor* Let’s do this!!! 🙂

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Daeus
                @daeus
                  • Total Posts: 4238

My goals are by the end of the year to totally finish up with editing Edwin Brook as well as totally finishing up my novelette (btw @kate-flournoy, are you still up for that?), and then I want to get the first draft of my next novel written.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Alia
                  @alia
                    • Total Posts: 1253

@dragon-snapper
                    *brandishes sword, looks down realizes that it’s a pen not a sword*
                    let’s see, I’m hoping to write one chapter every three days so that by February my novella will be finished.

WIP - Decisions
                    Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Jess
                    @jess
                      • Total Posts: 575

@alia The pen is mightier than the sword! 😛 (unless it’s Riptide… Then it’s both)

Hannah A. Krynicki
                      @hannah-krynicki
                        • Total Posts: 81

Never done the Awesome Summer Writing Club before, but I’m in for this one! I want to finish the first draft of my latest big idea, a novella/novelette (not sure of the length), by the New Year. I also want to sort out all the pre-writing stage ideas for my next fantasy or sci-fi novel and start writing the thing, that is if studying doesn’t kill my creative power. 😉

Snapper
                        @dragon-snapper
                          • Total Posts: 3515

Well, @ingridrd, you and I can aim for Christmas together. 😀 I’m on the twentieth chapter, so hopefully I won’t have too much more to go…but Fall is going to be busy…*reaches into closet to pull out another weapon. Pulls out a guitar. Sheepishly puts guitar back and takes out battle-sword*
                          Heh, oops. Guitars are not weapons, are they?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Corissa Maiden of Praise
                          @corissa-maiden-of-praise
                            • Total Posts: 256

@dragon-snapper *salutes* Ready for duty, captain! *dramatic swirl in long black cape* *draws dagger* *brandishes sword* Let’s do this!

Let’s see… I have a term paper to write before Christmas for the college course I’m taking on Eschatology. I have to have a topic picked by October 11; there’s still a few I’m praying about, so I can’t give you that specific yet. 😉

I would like to have enough outlining and character sketching done on my current WIP (it’s kind of title-less right now 🙁 ) to be able to start some serious writing in January.

And this isn’t exactly a writing goal, but… *glances around for @Daeus* *lowers voice* I recently started the Count of Monte Cristo, so I hope to have that read before the end of Winter. *shakes finger at @Daeus* No spoilers, please!

Oh yes, and the actors in the play I’m currently directing are begging for another one after this one’s done. They want a sword fight. *sighs* *grins because sword fights are awesome and I already have an idea swirling around in my head*

"Courage is action in spite of fear."

Daeus
                            @daeus
                              • Total Posts: 4238

@corissa-maiden-of-praise WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You are doomed to bliss. Dooooooooooooomed.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Corissa Maiden of Praise
                              @corissa-maiden-of-praise
                                • Total Posts: 256

@Daeus When I saw the number of chapters I gasped out loud… seriously, did they not have this little thing called a sequel back then? Did it all have to be in one book?! But I’ve enjoyed it so far.. although I’m only into the fourth chapter or so, and I’m beginning to worry about Dantes…

"Courage is action in spite of fear."

BlueJay
                                @bluejay
                                  • Total Posts: 1622

@dragon-snapper *hurries in tripping over her cape in her haste* Yes, I want to be part of this. What am I planning to do? I don’t know. *goes away to think* 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >