Fairytale Reteling

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Idea Critiques Fairytale Reteling

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Alia
    @alia
      • Total Posts: 1253

@daughteroftheking, she wanted the child because the queen owed her a debt. And at first I thought, sure Gothel cursed the family. But then I realized, wouldn’t she try to come to power if she was the one to curse them? And if that was so, wouldn’t she hunt down Rumple? But Rumple and the girl living on the run for 17 years doesn’t fit my plan for them, so that can’t be it.

WIP - Decisions
      Kapeefer til we're old and grey

PrincessFoo
      @princessfoo
        • Total Posts: 194

@alia Maybe the witch is trying to hunt them down, but Rumple and the girl live in a small town and/or in the middle of no where and keep to themselves, and she just hasn’t been able to find them?

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine
          • Total Posts: 3322

@alia  This is a very cool idea.  As you know, I don’t read fantasy, but it does sound very interesting, and I like retellings.

I didn’t respond at first because I couldn’t think of anything, but I just had a really funny idea, and thought I’d tell you. 😉  I don’t know that you’d actually be able to use it, but it does mix up a couple of fairy tales so it’s on topic. (Yes, though I don’t read fantasy I read a lot of fairytales because I think it’s important to know them…)

Anyway, the thought was, What if they left a trail of bricks (instead of breadcrumbs) and the third little pig picks up all the bricks to build his house so their trail is gone?

😛 That’s the best I can do right now.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Alia
          @alia

@princessfoo, but then how do the re-awakened royals find him so quickly?

@rochellaine
            , there are so many possibilities for that idea…*squeals* *grabs story notebook and jots them down* *squeals again*

WIP - Decisions

PrincessFoo
            @princessfoo

@alia Maybe Rumple heard that the royal family woke up and went to “return” the girl (though that doesn’t seem like the right word after raising her for 17 years) to the castle and they arrested them there. Then the girl has to sneak away from the royal family to prove Rumple’s innocence.

While I was thinking this through, I thought of two potential internal conflicts for the girl.

1) After Rumple raised her for 17 years, she probably considers him to be her family more than her blood family. At 19 she was probably settled into their life, maybe even had a beau, and now her “family” wants her back and is ripping her away from everything she ever knew, and there are many ways the girl could could consider that.

2) The girl was too young to remember a life before Rumple, as far as she knows he might have kidnapped her, like Rapunzel in Tangled. I’m assuming he was a good father, and she doesn’t believe it for a second, but with everyone telling her he kidnapped her and she can’t remember for sure what really happened, there is potential for some nice conflict.

I dunno, maybe this isn’t what you had been thinking, but I am really intrigued by this story idea.

Alia
              @alia

@princessfoo *clutches notes closely* have you been peeking at my mental notes for the story???

WIP - Decisions

PrincessFoo
                @princessfoo

@alia Maybe…

No, seriously, you thought that too? That’s funny.

NC Stokes
                  @daughteroftheking
                    • Total Posts: 1156

@alia Coolio. So, who’s been ruling in the royal family’s place?

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  >