Facebook

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Snapper
    @dragon-snapper
      • Total Posts: 3515

Alrighty, Kapeefers. I made meself a Facebook page (With my real name… *hides*) for the Silver Phoenix blog. But I’m wondering how to promote the facebook page to people other than myself and my friends on facebook… to people who aren’t my friends but people like you….

Or I guess the real question is, how do I use facebook as a writer platform?

@christi-eaton
      @cindy-green @kate-flournoy @audrey-caylin @jane-maree @winter-rose @aratrea

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Josiah DeGraaf
      @aratrea
        • Total Posts: 717

Step #1: Post the FB page link here so we can follow you. 😀

Step #2: Make sure it’s linked on your blog, and possibly include a link to it in your welcome email sequence for new subscribers (assuming you have a mailing list).

Step #3: My personal approach has been to be posting writing or reading related statuses 4-5 days a week, and then as people I know like the page, it will show up in other people’s feeds who will then be introduced to me and my writing.

Step #4: I know some people have had really good experience with FB ads. I’ve never tried them.

Step #5: A number of people I know swear by FB live videos. I’ve only done a couple for KP and never tried them for my personal page, but they’re worth trying since I know FB likes to naturally promote videos on their platform.

Interested in hearing about what other people do with their pages.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Audrey Caylin
        @audrey-caylin
          • Total Posts: 323

@dragon-snapper

1. Ditto to what Josiah said — I’d love to follow you on there 😀

2. I don’t really have much experience with FB, to be honest 😛 I connect with most of my readers via Instagram and Twitter. I occasionally do an FB post, but mainly because that’s what everyone else does. *hides* I think @jane-maree and @winter-rose will have better advice for you.

Snapper
          @dragon-snapper

Silver Phoenix FacebookPage

There. 😛

@aratrea
            @audrey-caylin

Thanks for the advice. 😀

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Audrey Caylin
            @audrey-caylin
              • Total Posts: 323

@dragon-snapper yay! I like it 😀

I guess one other way to get more “likes” on your page is to invite people to “like” it. That’s what I did when I first launched my author page. Beyond that…I’m still pretty clueless on FB 😛

Jenna Terese
              @jenwriter17
                • Total Posts: 2522

@dragon-snapper I don’t have any facebook advice, just wanted to hop into this topic to find the link to your facebook page. It looks great!

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                www.jennaterese.com

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 1486

@dragon-snapper Yeah, I don’t know what I’m doing, so I fear I can’t help ya. Josiah’s advice sounds awesome, tho, so I’d do that XD. *Wanders over to your page so I can follow it*

Snapper
                  @dragon-snapper

@winter-rose Thanks! 😀

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Jane Maree
                    @jane-maree
                      • Total Posts: 909

@Dragon-snapper I’ve recently started up a facebook page too, and I’m just learning the ropes. I normally share all my blog posts on there, and some updates on my WIPs (though I should do that more). I’m thinking of doing a ‘Saturday Snippets’ sort of thing where I share a piece of writing every Saturday, etc.

Other than that, I also second everything that Josiah said. 😛

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Jane Maree.

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    >