Do Screen/Teleplay Ideas Count?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Idea Critiques Do Screen/Teleplay Ideas Count?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Leumeister
    @leumeister
      • Total Posts: 244

I’m an animator. I’ve probably made that clear on a few occasions. 😛 And as a result, it is a dream of mine to animate what I write. Well, some things anyway.

I was wondering, since this is the Novel Ideas forum, if Screenplays or Teleplays, or even Stageplays would be all right to talk about here? I see no reason why not, but I often see no reasons why not for a lot of things. 😛

I’ve actually got an idea for a screenplay and a teleplay series if any of you want to hear them. 🙂

Joy
      @dekreel
        • Total Posts: 2304

@leumeister That’s so cool that you like animating! I would like to animate too, but I’m too impatient. 😛

Of course it’s okay to talk about screenplays and things like that on here! I mean, nobody has said you couldn’t talk about them, right?

What kind of animation do you do? 3D? Drawing? Computer animation? LEGOs?

I would like to hear your ideas! Shoot away!

You can pronounce it however you want.

Leumeister
        @leumeister

I do 3D computer animation. And I’d like to do LEGO stop-motion as well and have before but in very short bursts. In 3D animation you can set a pose on one frame, put another pose on another frame further apart, and the character will move its pose to that frame, whereas with stop-motion you have to do it one frame at a time.

Anyway, my screenplay idea was somewhat inspired by Moana. But it’s so far from Moana that you’d probably not pick up the inspiration. Basically, I liked the plot element of Moana’s father not letting her go beyond the reef (or whatever it was; I’ve only seen the movie once! XD), and that set my mind working to making a science fiction story of another young girl as the daughter of a space station captain/commander/superintendent/whatever wasn’t allowed to venture beyond the stations gravity field/well.

My teleplay idea is a series set in the world of Minecraft but isn’t necessarily Minecraft. I’ll put in more details later. I’m not feeling up to it at the moment. 😛

Joy
          @dekreel
            • Total Posts: 2304

@leumeister Sounds pretty cool! What program (i.e. Blender, etc.) do you use for your animation?
            I’ve never seen Moana, but I really like your idea! Science fiction is awesome.

You can pronounce it however you want.

Snapper
            @dragon-snapper
              • Total Posts: 3515

@leumeister Well, it is a ‘story’ idea isn’t it? *shrugs* I think you could probably post it here. @daeus or @aratrea would probably know more about that, but I don’t think they’ll be mean about where a certain topic is placed.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Daeus
              @daeus
                • Total Posts: 4238

@leumeister Yeah, that’s fine.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Leumeister
                @leumeister

@dekreel Blender!!! 😀 Oh, I love Blender! XD I love animating, too. 😀 It’s so satisfying, and even though it’s tedious, it can even be fun! Like you may have to do a bit of problem-solving to get things looking right.

@dragon-snapper
                  Yeah, I suppose it is, isn’t it? XD

@daeus
                  Thanks! 😀 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                >