Contemporary Western Novel

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ Fiction Writing ā€ŗ Critiques ā€ŗ Novel Idea Critiques ā€ŗ Contemporary Western Novel

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@notawriter That should be the new KaPeeFer motto: ā€œJust a tag away!ā€ šŸ˜€

Okay, conflicting goals:Ā  I think I could do different, but parallel goals, but not conflicting goals.Ā  I think if they had conflicting goals there is no reason they should even consider being together.Ā  If I met a guy who was a missionary or a doctor I would immediately think he could be nothing but a friend, because I donā€™t want to be a missionary, and I have a horror of anything medical. šŸ˜€Ā  An issue to work through would be great, though, and Iā€™ve got kind of an idea of how that would work.Ā  I think people who have issues with each otherā€™s behavior can work them out, but people with conflicting goals should not get married, because they will each end up going in the opposite direction to fulfill their own goal.Ā  A wifeā€™s goal should be to support her husband, and if she has a goal that will bring him down the marriage will not be a biblical marriage.Ā  I think I could make him have a minor character issue though.

Oh, they will be together by the end!Ā  šŸ˜€ šŸ˜€ I only meant that they arenā€™t going to decide a week in that they want to be boyfriend/girlfriend.Ā  He will semi-pursue her, and she will fall for him, but it wonā€™t be until the very end that they will define their relationship.Ā  What can you do in a few weeks or a month, when you just met each other?Ā  I mean, he canā€™t even meet her family, since they are back on the East Coast. šŸ™‚ (Iā€™m assuming youā€™re American and know the difference between Las Vegas and the East Coast.Ā  Most people from outside the U.S. have no idea how large it is.)

Ā 

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

The fledgling Artist
      @notawriter
        • Total Posts: 328

@rochellaine Yes I agree! But what if they had the same goals, but different opinions on how to accomplish them? *Shrug* šŸ™‚

And yeah im in the USA haha. Good good.
        Having them get together for the end will make your ending more satisfying. *cackles* šŸ˜€

and I was so confused

Jenna Terese
        @jenwriter17
          • Total Posts: 2522

@rochellaine I agree too. more conflict makes things more interesting *rubs hands together*

Iā€™m in the USA too. šŸ˜Š

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
          www.jennaterese.com

Kaya Young
          @kaya-young
            • Total Posts: 272

@rochellaineĀ  How is the novel going?

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
            http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine

@kaya-young *weeps* It was coming along fine, but my computer suddenly up and died on me and I lost a couple of paragraphs.Ā  A couple of paragraphs isnā€™t all that much, but it was at a part that was very boring ā€“ one of those ā€œbridgeā€ parts between exciting things.Ā  So in probably half a page I can have a great time writing for a while when the excitement starts, but right now I am really annoyed that I have to rewrite those paragraphs. šŸ™

SPOILER ALERT! I got the perfect idea for an argument between Derek and Chara later in the book, though.Ā  And for the part where they make upā€¦no, I wonā€™t tell you any more. šŸ˜€

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Kaya Young
              @kaya-young

@rochellaineĀ  Iā€™m so sorry! thatā€™s really tragic about your computer. šŸ™

WHAT??? They argue? ā€œthe part where they make upā€?? The suspense is killing me!

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine

@kaya-young Oh, I just meant it died for a few minutes. šŸ™‚Ā  I was able to start it back up again after taking the battery out and putting it back in again.Ā  But my computer has been acting up lately, so Iā€™m planning on saving everything on a flash drive from now on so I donā€™t lose everything if my computer really dies!

I havenā€™t decided yet whether Chara should be kidnapped or not.Ā  What do you think?Ā  I could do with or without the kidnapping.Ā  Would you like it if some big bad horse stealers kidnapped her? šŸ˜€

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Kaya Young
                  @kaya-young

@rochellaineĀ  Ā Thatā€™s fine with me! Ohhhā€¦ CanĀ Derek save her?

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine

@kaya-young Well, arenā€™t you the romantic one! šŸ˜€Ā  Thatā€™s great, because Iā€™m extremely romantic as well, soā€¦probably! I am what they call a pantser, so I never know the details of what will happen until I write it, but Iā€™m trying to plan ahead a little for this one.Ā  I promise he will save her at least once or twice, though, even if he doesnā€™t exactly when(and if) sheā€™s kidnapped.

Remember, he has a gunā€¦

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine

Hello friends!Ā  After a short break during which I wrote barely anything and mostly worked on planning the book, Iā€™ve finally started actually writing it!Ā  So I have the next short section done, (I havenā€™t separated anything in chapters yet, so Iā€™m just calling it sections,) and am editing it a bit myself, but would like some beta readers to edit for me if possible.

Would any of you like to do so?Ā  Tagging a few of you who talked with me about this idea when it was just beginning: @kaya-young @valtmy @notawriter @jenwriter17

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Kaya Young
                        @kaya-young

@rochellaineĀ  Ā *faints with excitement* *recovers so she can read what you have written*

Sure!

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@kaya-young Great!Ā  Give me about fifteen minutes to finish my own non-extensive edits, and then Iā€™ll link you to a google document, okay?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Kaya Young
                            @kaya-young

@rochellaineĀ  Sure! That sounds great. šŸ™‚

Jenna Terese
                              @jenwriter17
                                • Total Posts: 2522

@rochellaine *jumps up and down with raised hand* ooh! ooh! me too! šŸ˜€

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                                www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine

@kaya-young Sorry!Ā  That took way longer than I expected.Ā  But Iā€™ve been having trouble with my google documents lately in that I simply canā€™t restrict accessĀ at all!Ā  Every link I share allows immediate editing access to anyone.Ā  Iā€™d rather have you request access like @jenwriter17 did with her document, but mine just wonā€™t change to that kind of restriction anymore.

Could you try this link to a blank test document?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 100 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >