Computers, and the opinions on them ~The KP forum

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Computers, and the opinions on them ~The KP forum

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    @aella
      • Total Posts: 160

Hello everyone! So, computers? I’ve had a dell laptop for a few years now, but the screen’s pixels are dying thereby placing me in search of a new laptop. I’ve heard good and bad things about Macs, and I really liked my Dell. I was wondering what y’all liked, and the strengths/weaknesses of different computers as I search for a new one. I use it mainly for writing, so a good keyboard would be nice, but not 100% necessary. Lightweight and a good memory are always a plus. Any thoughts would be super helpful! Thanks y’all!

@daeus
      @kate-flournoy @winter-rose @dragon-snapper @hope @jess @overcomer @anne-swiftblade @ivy-rose @dbhgodreigns @brandon-miller @anyone

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

Well, it’s a well-known fact that macs beat everything, but at the same time, if all you do is write, then there’s no need to be picky. I won’t be offended if you get a windows.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hope Ann
        @hope
          • Total Posts: 1092

@aella I have a Dell and like it… I’m afraid I don’t have much to offer.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 68

*pops in* aayyyyy
            i would totally recommend a macbook air if you’re looking for lightweight. yeah, they’re super expensive, but they’re so worth it. you’ll also probably use it forever–we had a 2009 macbook and it just hit the dust at the end of last year. you’ll definitely get every penny out of it.
            although, be careful with it. xD my sister got one for school and spilled tea on it. it was not a good day. she has a chromebook now, which she doesn’t like as much because of the inability to use some apps (such as spotify; she’s gotta use the webplayer).
            i’d recommend a mac. 😛

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 1486

@aella I’ve got an HP Pavilion (touch screen) laptop and it’s quite nice. The browser occasionally glitches, but that’s probably a Microsoft Edge browser problem, not a computer one 🙂 (you can download chrome if you want, I just don’t use it). I’ve had only a few problems with it, but they were small and were mostly the result of a program I downloaded. It’s got a big screen, cool features, and it’s thin. It works fine with large programs (I regularly run Adobe Photoshop elements on it) and it’s good with multiple programs running at the same time as well. However, I’ve only had two computers (three, if you count the one I owned for a few weeks before it was returned). I haven’t had any experience with Mac, though I’ve heard you can’t personalize them much. Is that true @daeus?

Daeus
              @daeus

@winter-rose the hardware you can’t really customize, though especially with the newer ones, there’s no real need to. If you’re talking about user interface, I have no idea.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Anonymous

@daues Ok Thanks! I was just wondering. 🙂

Anonymous

@daeus Wow my bad I totally messed up your tag.

Snapper
                    @dragon-snapper
                      • Total Posts: 3515

I have a PC, but it’s really the only computer that I’ve had. Makes me a little biased towards it. 😛 It’s pretty much the same thing that @winter-rose has, though I don’t use photoshop. I do use other big games though, like Civilization 4 and 5.

@aella

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Daeus
                      @daeus

Oh, dear, @dragon-snapper. Civilization is a recipe for writer’s block. 😛

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Snapper
                        @dragon-snapper

@daeus Well, I haven’t played it in a few weeks, so maybe that’s why it’s going away. 😛
                          That explains a lot.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Hannah
                          @aella
                            • Total Posts: 160

Thank you so much, everyone! I haven’t made a decision yet, but I’m going to have to soon as my screen is continually getting worse…

@daeus

I like macs keyboards, so they definitely have points there. 🙂

@hope

I have loved my Dell, too.:)

@zoe-wingfeather
                            Oooh, yeah, long lasting is NICE! 😀
                            I don’t use Spotify much, but I could see where that could become a problem with the Chromebooks.

@winter-rose
                            I’ve heard good things about HP! My siblings’ first laptops were HP, but I’ve not used them much.

@dragon-snapper

Awesome! I’ve never heard of Civilization, although if it truly IS a recipe for writer’s block, maybe that’s a good thing 😉

Snapper
                            @dragon-snapper

@aella Well, either way,, I like my computer. 😛

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Anna Brie
                              @anna-brie
                                • Total Posts: 312

I have a HP Pavilion that 7 years old so not much information there. Except that 7 years ago they made computers that last okay.It’s not all that great, runs slowly now and windows won’t run updates.

However there’s several Toshibas in the house that seem pretty good and my brother, who’s a software engineer and really cares about the specs of his computers, just bought a touch screen Dell that he’s pretty happy with.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >