Classic book Suggestions

Home Forums Books Classic book Suggestions

This topic contains 21 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hannah Hannah 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SeekJustice
    SeekJustice
    Participant

@emma-flournoy I’ve never read the Screwtape Letters but I’ve always enjoyed C.S. Lewis’ other works, so I’ll give it a go!
    @Emily I’ve never heard of G.A. Henty, but it sounds interesting. Oh, I like Joan of Arc, (not read that book though)
    @jane-maree I’ll definitely have a look at The Three Musketeers
    @daughteroftheking I’ve read some of H.G. Wells but I definitely need to look into his other stories. I’ve also read not all, but a lot of the Sherlock Holmes stories. I love them 😀
    @catwing I haven’t read the Jungle Book in ages! I’ll have to put that on for a reread.
    Thank you all for your suggestions, I have 35 new books on my list of things to read!

Profile photo of Emily
    Emily
    Participant

@seekjustice You should look into them. They’re some of my faves.

Profile photo of Shannon
    Shannon
    Participant

@seekjustice. If you like What Katy Did, you really should look up the rest of the series. There are four other books, and they are all so good! If you thought Little Women was good, then maybe you should read Little Men. It is a story following Jo’s life further, when she starts a school for boys. It’s really good.

Profile photo of Catwing
    Catwing
    Participant

Glad to aid you @seekjustice

Profile photo of SeekJustice
    SeekJustice
    Participant

@daeus, I just got the Count of Monte Cristo out from the library and almost fainted at its tremendous size.

Profile photo of Daeus
    Daeus

@seekjustice 😛 If you like it as much as I did, you’ll be glad that it lasts so long.

Profile photo of Hannah
    Hannah
    Participant

@seekjustice with out reading anyone else replies, I’m listing my favorite classic;

a)(this is the best classical on the planet, just sayin’)
    The Counte Of Monte Cristo <If you read this one be ready to laugh,cry,scream, and be on the edge of your seat the whole time.>

b)David Copperfield

c)Pride and Prejudice

and right now were reading The Three Musketeers and it’s quite enjoyable and humerous

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ad