Character Song Swap

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Music Character Song Swap

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Leumeister
    @leumeister
      • Total Posts: 244

@dekreel

Noice! Are you guys good at using it? 😀

From what I remember (and read about it) some guy was afraid of his ex-girlfriend because of a robotic hand she made. This made her upset and bitter and brought her revenge down on the world using her robots.  She also puts herself inside a robot. The protagonists manage to interface with the robot, and “go back in time” through her memories to change that one place where they part, and with her memories altered, the robot rampage stops… At least, that’s what I think happened. The point of the movie wasn’t the plot, but the VFX, making a point that Blender can do what the big guns can.

I have seen Big Buck Bunny. I have seen one Llama short at least. No, I have not played Yo, Frankie! I haven’t seen Sintel either.

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@leumeister You compose?  That’s cool!  My brother is a classical style composer.  Well, if you’d like to send me those links I’ll listen to them, but I’ll warn you that they probably will not have a chance at changing my preferences. 🙂  Sorry.  So if you, as the composer, don’t want to have a possibility of someone disliking them, you probably shouldn’t let me listen to them. 😛  I’m really picky about what kinds of music I like.

@filewriterbase13x
        Ah, well it sounds like a lot of fun!  I’ll have to think about it for a little bit.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Sam Kowal
        @sam-kowal
          • Total Posts: 635

@leumeister 😀 Would you send me the links? I think it would be awesome to see what you have come up with. What programs do you use to create your electronic sounds? Do you use Ableton? I’ve been thinking about getting into that, but so far I don’t know much about making electronic music

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
          Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Leumeister
          @leumeister

@rochellaine

That’s okay. Maybe you’ll like them anyway. Fair enough about being picky. And it’d probably be good for me, knowing that not everyone likes my stuff. 😛

https://leumaestro.bandcamp.com/releases

@sam-kowal

I actually use FL Studio to compose stuff. I also found a Free and Open Source digital audio workstation called LMMS, which used to mean Linux MultiMedia Studio. I haven’t played around with that one a lot, but I won’t be switching to that considering how much I paid for FL Studio. 😛

I don’t know much about Ableton, so I can’t give you an opinion, but do your research. I chose FL Studio because I actually tried experimenting with it ages ago, and I heard of other people using it as well. Another good one is for Android and iDevices called Music Studio, by Xewton. It’s pretty powerful, but it doesn’t have live, programmable synthesizers. It’s mostly based around sample-based instruments. But once again, do your research. Those are the programs I recommend, as they are both fairly easy to use.

I can also give you a list of plugins that might interest you as well.

Enjoy the music as well! ^_^

Catwing
            @catwing
              • Total Posts: 2557

@leumeister My real brother is wondering if you make money on your songs. (My real brother, who is not you, no matter how many times people that for some reason…)

@jenwriter17
              No I didn’t cry for the movie. But that song makes me sad. and nearly cry. :*(

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@leumeister I’m sorry. 🙂  As I anticipated they weren’t much to my taste.  I will say that the second one was much more interesting than the first, as the first one reminded me somewhat of Cannon in D. However, I do actually like Cannon in D, so that is not necessarily a bad thing. 😉  The real reason I didn’t like them is because I don’t like rock music.  At all.  The closest thing to rock I listen to is some of the fake forms of it from the 50s and 60s – meaning the faked imitations of the new “rock” style, since I don’t like Chubby Checker or Elvis or Buddy Holly, preferring Frankie Avalon’s, Pat Boone’s, and Paul Anka’s more old-fashioned kind.

Anyway, sorry I didn’t like them; I just wanted to let you know I did listen to them as promised. 😀  And as I said before, the second one did have a pretty interesting tune to it.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Leumeister
                @leumeister

@rochellaine

That’s fine. How did (Mach 11 was it, or was it Second Chances?)… one of those sound like Cannon in D? I’m curious… Also, rock music? How did it sound like rock music?

Thank you for checking them out, though. If you know of anyone who would be interested in my music, though, I’d be grateful if you could send it on to them! ^_^

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@leumeister It was Mach 11, I think.  It was because the same four notes kept repeating over and over again in the bass.  I wasn’t able to listen to all of it, so I could be mistaken, but I listened to a good deal of it and skipped through portions of the rest and it sounded like it was that way the whole way through.  In Cannon in D the same eight notes keep repeating while the melody carries a few variations, and that’s what it sounded to me like you did in Mach 11.

It sounded like rock music because the beats were on the 2 and 4 rather than the 1 and 3.  That’s what the definition of rock music is. 😉

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Sam Kowal
                    @sam-kowal

@leumeister Woooow…. that is so awesome. That high squeaky melody on Mach 11! It’s chill as ice but it also sounds playful and emotional. I also like how 2nd Chances sounds electronic, but also organic. XD I sorta wish I could buy the track to support you, but bandcamp doesn’t accept cash….

Hmm, the Linux MultiMedia Studio looks pretty awesome. Honestly, I’m so new to this that I don’t know much of anything, but I do want to research more. Plugins would be great, although I haven’t explored existing programs very extensively yet. I find it pretty cool that LMMS is open-source and built by volunteers 🙂

Sam Kowal
                      @sam-kowal

@rochellaine Does that mean you don’t like any music with beats on the 2 and the 4? Or you just dislike guitar-based rock?

XD It’s intriguing to see someone describe a musician like Elvis as a new rock style, because usually I think of him as super old rock. That made me chuckle, but he was a new style for the time

Leumeister
                        @leumeister

@catwing

Sorry I didn’t get back to you on this.

To answer your question, Yes… In theory. Meaning that they’re up for sale, and I would be earning money if people bought them. 😛

@sam-kowal

Sorry I didn’t get back to you on this either. 😛

Anyway, plugins… I recommend DEXED, which is an open source virtual studio technology (vst) instrument based around the Yamaha DX7, a famous synthesizer from the mid to late 1980s which used frequency modulation, and was one of the first digital synthesizers. I’m kinda geeky about it, and I find FM synthesis to be very appealing.

Another good one is Sforzando, a plugin made by Plogue which is able to play .sfz files, which are soundfont files. It’s also able to convert .sf2, .dls, and Acidized wave files (which are wave files with loop points).  On the same subject, for a free, high-quality orchestral library, look up Virtual Playing Orchestra. It comes in .sfz files, so perfect for Sforzando.

Those are what I use most often. There are a few others I have, but I haven’t used them as much so I can’t give you an opinion. There is a YM2612 plugin, which emulates the YM2612 soundchip from the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, but if you have DEXED, you don’t really need it. It’s basically a monophonic (only one note at a time) DX7 chip, with only four operators instead of six.

So yeah, hope you find those helpful. ^_^

Catwing
                          @catwing
                            • Total Posts: 2557

@leumeister I don’t even remember asking that. 😛
                            I did listen to your music, I liked it. Nice job.
                            You can ignore this, it’s just my opinion/advice. If you want to sell them you may have to bring your price down a bit. On average it seems that albums sell for roughly $10-$15, and have roughly 10-15 songs. I think someone might by your album for $2, maybe $3. Especially since they can listen to it for free. I just thought I’d say that, maybe it can help, I don’t know.
                            Definitely keep making music. :3

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Leumeister
                            @leumeister

@catwing

Thanks! ^_^

Yeah, I’m actually thinking of getting rid of the “Monthly Mixtape Volume 1” Album and “rereleasing” the others as just singles, and sticking with that. But the intention was if you bought the $7.00 album, you’d get access to all the subsequently released tracks… I think… Not sure if that works. 😛

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            >