Character Name Exchange

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Fantasy Character Name Exchange

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@ingridrd Do either of these work?

This one                That one

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ingrid
      @ingridrd
        • Total Posts: 830

@rochellaine  *searches refrigerator frantically for blueberries*

The link worked and I’m so glad because this story was GREAT.  😂

*keeps looking for blueberries*

We don’t have any…….

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine

@ingridrd I would hand you virtual blueberries but according to my story, those aren’t satisfying.  😀

@seekjustice
          A robber who steals parts of walls?  That is hilarious!  It reminds me of Gilbert and Sullivan’s Pirates of Penzance who have strict rules about what kind of ships they are allowed to attack honorably. 🙂 Wikipedia article here.

@jenwriter17
          @kaya-young @dekreel

Thanks everyone for the name suggestions!  It looks like Oliver has the most votes for some reason. I never really liked that name, but I have grown to like it more lately, so I might use it.  I haven’t decided yet what to name him, but I’ll let you know when I do.

In the meantime, does anyone have title suggestions for the book?  Would Blueberries and Envelopes do?  Right now I just have it titled Blueberria in my documents.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
          @jenwriter17
            • Total Posts: 2522

@rochellaine I actually liked the title being Blueberria.

btw, I think your ‘moral of the story’ note at the end was funny:)

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
            www.jennaterese.com

Kaya Young
            @kaya-young
              • Total Posts: 272

@rochellaine I like Blueberria too, I’m not sure about Blueberries and Envelopes though.

I have a few title suggestions, I’m not sure if they are any good but here you go:

• The Boy Who Loved Blueberries
              • A Blueberry For Oliver (or whatever you call him)
              • A Ticket to Blueberria
              • How to Get a Blueberry in Blueberria
              • Licking Envelopes: How Working Hard Can Make your Dreams Come True

That’s all I can come up with! I know I’ve said this, but I love your story!

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
              http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice
                • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

I think Blueberria sounds fine. It’s quirky and probably would catch a little kid’s attention just because it’s weird.

I know! This robber is also searching for a rare species of butterfly, but now has run into two brown sparkly bears called Smokey and Sauron (named by said four year old brother).

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

The fledgling Artist
                @notawriter
                  • Total Posts: 328

@rochellaine
                  Wow! Are you self publishing it?

I love it by the way! Super cute and quirky! I know i’m late but,
                  Out of the names suggested my favorites are Oliver, (I have a character named Oliver so i’m a bit biased though.) Isaac, and Caleb. 😀
                  And I really like the title a Ticket to Blueberria 😀

and I was so confused

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@notawriter Yes, I’m self-publishing.  I’ve already self-published several books, but never a picture book, so it will be a new experience trying to figure out the format. 🙂

I’m glad you liked it!  Wow, Oliver seems to be the favorite around here.  I wonder why?  And you’re not too late, because I haven’t decided yet. 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

The fledgling Artist
                    @notawriter

@rochellaine That’s so neato! 😀 Was it hard to find an illustrator?
                      Hmm, to me it just feels like a name for a very cute and sweet character, who’s also very down to earth. Though Like I said. I’m biased.

I hope you find a name you like! 😉

and I was so confused

Kaya Young
                      @kaya-young
                        • Total Posts: 272

@rochellaine  That is interesting that everyone likes Oliver so much! If you don’t like Oliver maybe Owen would be a good fit? It kind-of has the same feel in my opinion.

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
                        http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

The fledgling Artist
                        @notawriter

@kaya-young Yes! Owen! 😀 I love that name too! My favorite fictional character ever is named Owen (So once again my opinions are biased whoops)

and I was so confused

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@seekjustice I never saw a sparkly bear; I never hope to see one; but anyhow or anywhere; I’d rather see than be one! 😀

@notawriter
                            It wasn’t very hard to find an illustrator.  I created a topic on the KP forum titled “Looking for an Illustrator” and got a few answers.  I think it took a couple weeks before I got a definite agreement from someone.  She gave me her email, and now we’re working together! 🙂

Who is this wonderful character named Owen?

@kaya-young
                            After realizing I didn’t particularly enjoy the name Owen either I thought for a while and realized that I don’t think I like names that start with “O” as a general rule.  That is weird, isn’t it?  But I have started to like Oliver a little more lately, and if I used it, I’m sure I would like it, because it would be my character. 🙂

I’ll let you all know when I decide.  But the hard part will be actually editing the story so it has the name in it.  Changing a title is much easier!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Aislinn Mollisong
                            @aislinn-mollisong
                              • Total Posts: 445

I don’t have any trouble coming up with names at all. Actually, I usually START with a name, and then make up the character from there. Like Joktan.

(Okay, I’m going to say something about Joktan here because I love him to bits.)

Originally, I just really liked the name, and so wanted to have a character with that name in Embers. Then, a line popped into my head, and I thought, “Hey, Joktan could say that!” and it snowballed from there.

So much so that he is now the love interest for one of the MCs in book two.

Yep.

He’s awesome.

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
                              https://forums.theaetherli

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine

@aislinn-mollisong Joktan is a really cool name!  I’ve never thought of doing that – picking the name first, and then the character.  It sounds like a fun way to mix up the monotony of plotting. 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

The fledgling Artist
                                @notawriter

@rochellaine Ooh I think I remember seeing that thread now that you mention it! 😉

Ehehehe.. ehem. *composes self* Owen is one of the main characters in a middle grade book series called  Story Thieves. (My favorite book series at the moment) The author is James Riley. And he is the biggest sweetie! Owen, not James.. Well maybe James is too but I’ve never met him. ah um anyways.. yerp 🙂

and I was so confused

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 162 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >