Character Café

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Rosey Mucklestone
    @writefury
      • Total Posts: 467

So, this is a sort of character/writer game (the OYANers among us will recognize it) I thought it would be fun to start up here.

The concept here is that we each play the part of one of our story’s characters, give them a situation, and write our way out of it together.
      Sound fun?
      Tell me below if you’re in. And if so, ideas for a situation (if you have some) and some basic info about the character you’ll be using.
      We’ll start as soon as we have a group! 🙂

(any OYAN folk, feel free to correct any misconceptions about the way this is done. I might have botched it, since I’ve barely participated in large group ones. 😛 )

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

So would we all be using the same situation?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Little Brown Dog
        @howlingwolf
          • Total Posts: 63

I’m in!!! I love these!!!:)

Rosey Mucklestone
          @writefury

@Daeus, yes. We’ll have all of our characters in the same situation, talking to each other and all that.

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 3976

I’m not sure I’ve quite got the concept, but you can count me in for sure!:P This sounds really fun.

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy

You and I must have been posting at the same time, @writefury. 😀 I understand it now, I think.

So let me be the first to introduce my character. Her name is Arianwen— Anwen for short, except only I and her husband are allowed to call her that. So she’s Arianwen to you.
                She’s courteous and mature outwardly, with a quick smile and a gracious tongue, but inwardly she’s insecure in a lot of ways. She’s afraid of rejection, afraid to let herself become attached to someone because if the relationship doesn’t work out she’ll be hurt. She’s very sensitive, and when there is no call to be courteous or gracious and she is with those she hates, she can certainly be very haughty and cold and dramatic.

If that’s not enough info, let me know and I’ll lengthen the profile. 🙂

Rosey Mucklestone
                @writefury

Arianwen sounds awesome, @kate-flournoy!

I’ll be doing this with Captain Quinn.
                  He’s a firm believer in God, though doesn’t take opportunities to shove it in people’s faces. Selfless and loyal to his friends. Good logical thinker and problem solver. A dedicated optimist. If anyone here does character MBTI, he’s an ISFJ.
                  Physically, he’ll probably be taller than all the other characters, unless anyone has a giant. Messy, light brown hair, bright green eyes and a few freckles.

So, that’s Quinn. Only the most formal characters would call him Captain, since he doesn’t insist on it off his ship, the Leviathan.

Kate Flournoy
                  @kate-flournoy

Already I like him. 😉

I guess I should have described Arianwen. She’s probably about five feet ten inches— pretty tall for a woman, but she’s not big, just tall. Dark blue eyes, black hair, very white skin. She wears almost exclusively dark, vivid blue. And she has a pygmy dragon for a companion, but I don’t know if he’ll be popping up or not. He usually just perches on her shoulder. 😛

Daeus
                    @daeus

I’ll join in.

My character (I’m assuming we don’t have to use MCs) will be Rameaux. He is a lighthearted bandit with a serious core. He is very friendly and courteous and practical and loves nothing better than to play around with the people he is robbing. He does whatever he has to in the banditry business without flinching but he is never crueler than he needs to be. His commander is a dreadful, strike fear into the hearts of all, kill anything that’s taller than six inches sort of guy. Rameaux is a friend to my MC and my MC’s friend. Oh yeah, and he’s french and lives during the time period of circa 1700 A.D.

Hopefully that’s good enough.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

The Happy Bookaholic
                      @the-happy-bookaholic
                        • Total Posts: 61

Ooh okay this sounds like good fun.

I’ll use my current favourite character in my WIP: Lin Ping An. But everyone just calls him An. He was from China, but moved to work. He’s a guy who seems to be unable to take anything seriously and is the sort of person you’d want around at a party, but when trouble strikes he can be very sweet and sincere. His English isn’t the best, but if you correct him he’ll start rambling on in Chinese. Oh, and he’s 24. He likes to talk a lot of nonsense so be prepared for some rattling on in the middle of the problem. And for those MBI guys I guess he’s ENFP. I hope that’s enough to go on.

Little Brown Dog
                        @howlingwolf
                          • Total Posts: 63

Ok, my charrie is Ashe, 14yo thief. She’s just-above-normal height and rather thin, with jet-black hair and almost-black eyes. She has a pet fairy dragon named Cephas, who she can speak to. She’s quiet like you would expect a thief to be, but very defensive and can pretend to be a lot of things, but if you can manage to make friends with her, she’s fun-loving and outgoing. She knows 4 different languages, including dragon, water nymph and horse.

So that’s Ashe, hopefully that’s a pretty good description:)!

Hope Ann
                          @hope
                            • Total Posts: 1092

This sounds like fun, if I can keep up. 🙂

My character is Anna West. She’s 18, a bit on the petite side, and has green eyes and dark brown hair. She is very organized, used to tight situations, has experience with fighting, guns, and information gathering. She lost part of her family in an attack two years ago. She’s a strong Christian and talks to herself to clear her thoughts and amuse herself. She calls that second part of her mind Scarlett.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Rosey Mucklestone
                            @writefury

Cool! Looks like we’ve got a good number of people here. Now we need a situation.
                              How about…
                              Let’s go for a inter-genre island where our characters have been stranded and must find a way to get back into their own stories.
                              *looks around* any objections? Is that too weird?

Daeus
                              @daeus

That sounds like a fantastic idea.

I just need to get a few things straight. First of all, what exactly do you mean by and inter-genre island? Will we have to fight robots with flintlocks, hack into Louis XIV’s headquarters to disable the anti-escape systems on the island, or debate weather dragons are real and can help us escape?

Also, will we be the only ones on the island?

If we escape off the island, does that imply that we got back to our own world? Do we all have to escape together?

Finally, what’s this island like? Is it large? What’s its vegetation? Is there water? Etc.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Rosey Mucklestone
                                @writefury

*nods* that’s what I was thinking for an inter-genre island. Nice examples. XD

I think we’ll be the only people on the island. Though some fictional creatures from multiple genres will be roaming the island.

Let’s see… so either we get off the island to get back to our own world, or there’s some sort of portal that we have to go through. Which one do you think?

I’d say a fairly large island. Lots of trees and easy to get lost in. Various parts might be reminiscent of different books, so it varies over the landscape.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >