Character Art Exchange

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Character Art Exchange

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 917 total)
  • Author
    Kate Flournoy
    @kate-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 3976

@Ethryndal ‘like’ might be a tad mild— it’s HILARIOUS! And he does have wavy hair, but I understand because I can ONLY draw wavy hair, and straight hair is the bane of my existence… usually ends up looking like a pile of hay. If Dallan wanted to look especially suave, he’d probably brush his hair back like that though. XD

@Daeus
      still not quite sure how Dallan makes it into your favorites list, but… okay. 😀

Ethryndal
      @ethryndal
        • Total Posts: 1013

@Kate-Flournoy Let’s do a switch. You draw all my wavy hair and I’ll draw all your straight hair. 😀 My wavy hair generally looks like a hobbit drank an overdose of Treebeard’s Fangorn water.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy

@Ethryndal *chokes* now that picture is stuck in my head… lol

Christine Eaton
          @christi-eaton
            • Total Posts: 306

Guys this conversation makes my day everytime I procrastinate with school work and drop in here. Because I don’t have time to do any art lately *cries softly* but I have a brand new character I’m curious to see if anyone could her draw before I end up giving her a shot myself.

Her name is Cressida Thistlewood. (goes by Cress) In this odd world that is a mixture of some modern elements, medieval and steampunk touches, and altogether highly fantastical, she is a Sunraiser, (basically one who plays a role in making sure the sun rises in the morning) so with that, she is pretty energetic and happy though a pain and sadness might cloud her eyes when she is not keeping her guard up. She is 19 years old and relatively short. Her hair is somewhat wavy and light brown color of a medium length and usually has feathers hanging in her hair. Her style is very Bohemian/Gypsy and she is incredibly artsy and can be found with a pencil almost always tucked behind her ear, and her arms are often covered with her art when she finds herself bored with a pen.

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

@kate-flournoy I think it’s because he doesn’t even have an inkling of a notion that he’s a brat.

@christi-eaton
              Ooh! She sounds cool. Unfortunately, I don’t draw, or I’d try her.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Gracie
              @graciegirl
                • Total Posts: 889

@hope I’d like to have a go at Seamus. I will post momentarily. 😉

*is probably geeking out about something*

Kate Flournoy
                @kate-flournoy

@Christi-Eaton
                  CressidaSketch

Thank you so much for starting this thread, @I-J-Anderson. I haven’t drawn in forever, and I only just now realized how much I missed it… Did some research, even… after being thoroughly disgusted with the other work I posted on this thread, I did some looking around (may have taken a few tips from your work even XD ) and tried some new stuff… *sigh* I missed this. 🙂

@Daeus
                  okay. I can see how that would be somewhat endearing. 😀

Christine Eaton
                  @christi-eaton
                    • Total Posts: 306

@kate-flournoy Oh! I definitely see Cress. I like it. I can’t wait for the day when I can draw more myself. Hopefully I can do something tonight.

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Louise Fowler
                    @perfectfifths
                      • Total Posts: 726

@christi-eaton Ah, I see, well, I’d still love for you to, when you have the time and if you don’t mind 😉

@i-j-anderson
                      Wow, Trajan is amazing! The face and hair are really good, though this is a very serious mood he’s in 😉 I picture clothes a little differently, but people have lots of outfits so it doesn’t matter 😉

@kate-flournoy
                      Lady Quell looks wonderful! Her hair is beautiful. I can imagine her in that pose sitting in a shallow river, with dress and hair soaking wet and laughing, because there’s a scene I have in mind where she falls in and laughs.

Now, Kate and Joy, how on earth do you make your drawings so look realistic? I do love my little half-manga/chibi style, but I’d love to be able to draw more realistically, too. What advice/tips/secrets do you have? 😀

@hope
                      I still have that drawing of Captain Tor to upload, and I promise, I will as soon as my PC allows me to get to it 😛 I dunno what’s going on.

Currently reading Les Miserables

Kate Flournoy
                      @kate-flournoy

@PerfectFifths ummm… *laughs* Probably the only tip I could give you is pay attention to shadows and textures. Also realize that the human form and face is made up of many different shapes (not all faces are merely oval, nor all arms merely straight) and to learn to see those shapes and the way they combine to make the overall shapes of different body parts.
                        Your style is adorable though. I wouldn’t ditch it entirely.

Gracie
                        @graciegirl

All right. Let’s see if I can get this to work…..

Seamus

Aaannnddddd….

Gracie
                          @graciegirl

Zikers

Gracie
                            @graciegirl

Uh, little help please? XD

Gracie
                              @graciegirl

Let’s try this one more time….
                                Seamus
                                And the verdict is……

Gracie
                                @graciegirl

Zikers…again

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 917 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >