Character Art Exchange

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Character Art Exchange

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 917 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    @that_writer_girl_99
      • Total Posts: 1819

@alia He had a lot of potential, I’ll give you that. His anger, his stubbornness, his sarcastic nature… they’re all valid, in the face of what he’s been through…But I don’t think they did enough with his character.

Maybe my dislike of him stems from that lack of fulfilled potential.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Joy Mastron
      @i-j-anderson
        • Total Posts: 81

@alia I agree, but not completely. I don’t think Ten is unaware of the consequences, or doing whatever he wants despite them, but he certainly is more carefree. In all honesty, he had lived with so much guilt for so long, when he Regenerates as Ten, the Doctor decides it’s time to let himself love again. After all, he met Rose.

The episodes where he loses Rose to the other dimension with the Battle of Canary Wharf is all about him trying to prevent the consequences of Torchwood’s actions.

Elizabeth
        @that_writer_girl_99

Agreed. @i-j-anderson

Alia
          @alia
            • Total Posts: 1253

@that_writer_girl_99, I guess one of the reasons I like Nine is because I have a very similar personality. But I thought he was very well developed when you consider the fact that he only had one season.

@i-j-anderson
            , there were some times when he understood the consequences, like the battle of cannery wharf, but it wasn’t often that it seemed like he cared much.
            One of the biggest things that i don’t like about him is that he would do bad things for the greater good. That’s one thing that I don’t like at all.
            (I like NineRose much better than TenRose)

WIP - Decisions
            Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Elizabeth
            @that_writer_girl_99

We’ll have to agree to disagree, I suppose. I don’t like Rose at all, really, so… @alia

The Impossible Girl
              @f5a8c3e92
                • Total Posts: 146

@alia Just want to mention that David Tennant is an INTJ and it takes incredible acting skills for him to actually put so much emotion into a character. Also, sometimes those decisions have to be made and the Doctor is unfortunate enough to be the one who must make them.

@that_writer_girl_99
                I didn’t like Rose much either.

"Not all who wander are lost."
                Wild Australian. INXJ.

Joy Mastron
                @i-j-anderson

There should be a forum for psychology if there isn’t already. And though Meyers-Briggs is interesting, it’s very broad and not completely accurate. Everyone behaves differently in certain scenarios, though as an overview of a character and getting ideas for writing, it’s useful. E.g. I’m an INTP, but am on the borderline of every type.

Anyhow, all sides have different factors. Sometimes a bad choice is the only choice you can make. (2016 elections *cough cough* no one kill me please) Rose was okay. I liked Amy and Rory much better.

Alia
                  @alia
                    • Total Posts: 1253

@i-j-anderson, a psychology forum sounds like it would have lots of debates that I would definitely enjoy reading, and maybe join in some. Its funny, because my sister is an INTJ, and doesn’t cross over into other types much, while I’m an INTP and see myself in all of them, so it makes for interesting conversations as to whether or not I’m really INTP.

(Don’t worry, I lost my recipe to virtual poison months ago)
                    Yes, the Williams/Ponds were better. Rose wasn’t near the top of my companions list

WIP - Decisions
                    Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Kate Flournoy
                    @kate-flournoy
                      • Total Posts: 3976

Okay guys… interrupting with a piece of art. 😉

@Aysia-Serene @I-J-Anderson remember my character Taren you did sketches of a while back? I tried her again today and got this. I’m not totally happy with it, but I figured I’d share it just the same. 😉

TarenSketch

Christine Eaton
                      @christi-eaton
                        • Total Posts: 306

I like it! @kate-flournoy, you have your own unique style and I love seeing it! Great work as always. 😀

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Anonymous
                          • Total Posts: 77

@kate-flournoy Awesome! Dude how do you do eyes it’s so good! <3

Kate Flournoy
                          @kate-flournoy

@Christi-Eaton thanks. 😀 I like trying to capture light… that’s my thing. I really love light. And textures. Sometimes I think I’m getting there. XD

@Aysia-Serene ha! It took me a good long while of practice and observation, that’s how. 😉

Elizabeth
                            @that_writer_girl_99

@kate-flournoy Do you think you could draw Kara?

Joy Mastron
                              @i-j-anderson

@kate-flournoy I love it! I really like the shadow of her hood on her face. Very nice detail.

@f5a8c3e92
                                Here’s Halle. I really like her how her hair turned out, and I realize her face turned out a little crooked, but oh well. :/

Kate Flournoy
                                @kate-flournoy

@That_Writer_Girl_99 I’d be happy to try. 😀

@I-J-Anderson
                                  thank you… and WOW. *shakes head* I just… no words. 😛

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >