Character Art Exchange

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Character Art Exchange

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 917 total)
  • Author
    Kate Flournoy
    @kate-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 3976

@I-J-Anderson *gapes*
      Wowwwwwww… those are amazing. You do so well with the bodily proportions— I’ve always struggled with that. Great work.

Joy Mastron
      @i-j-anderson
        • Total Posts: 81

Okay, here’s a few more characters

Gage Atlyse, male, tall and in his early twenties. He has darker brown, loosely curly hair and brown/hazel eyes. I don’t have much written for him, but he’s very calm and good-natured, though still has a quirky sense of humor and is well educated. Atlyse comes from a wealthy family but ran away to live in a cabin to avoid taking over his father’s business, he later joins the army. He’s in the same universe as Jane, so fantasy with a twist of historical fiction.

Atlantica Faraday, female, ten or eleven years old. She has wildly curly, auburn/dark red hair (Jane’s daughter), and silver eyes. She is very quiet and shy and often cannot be found, as she regularly will disappear for days on end, hiding in trees and reading volumes of books.

Angelique Starr, female, late teens, half pixie, half human. Angelique is human size, though very petite. Her skin is incredibly pale, almost with a tint of blue. Everything else about her is purple; her hair is violet, her eyes are a darker shade of the same color, and she has brilliant, almost feathery purple wings. Angelique’s personality is very extroverted, but similarly mischievous and passionate. She is very deceptive and has a tinge of hatred in her.

Joy Mastron
        @i-j-anderson

@kate-flournoy honestly, I’m very very flattered, thanks 😉

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy

@I-J-Anderson oooh… I want to try Angelique. Actually in all honesty I want to try all of them, :’D but I doubt if I’ll have time and I want to leave some awesome ones for the others. 😉

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy

@I-J-Anderson I drew her… and now I’m feeling not-extremely-bright because I just realized I spelled her name with one R. :/
              Oh well. Overlook it if you can. 😉 She was lots of fun to draw.

AngeliqueSketch

Christine Eaton
              @christi-eaton
                • Total Posts: 306

@kate-flournoy, she looks so good! You definitely captured her attitude! *round of applause* Now it’s just waiting for Joy to see it 😉

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Kate Flournoy
                @kate-flournoy

@Christi-Eaton thanks. *grins* I’ve never drawn a pixy-character before, but the sharp, angular feel of it was incredibly fun to work with.

Kate Flournoy
                  @kate-flournoy

Also I tried to make her skin look blue… which you can see was a mistake, because now she looks neither blue nor pale. 😛 But live and learn. Next time I know. 😉

Ethryndal
                    @ethryndal
                      • Total Posts: 1013

@Kate-Flournoy I am drooling over your lettering, double r or not…

By the way, I love the shading on her face (despite not being pale 😉 ), particularly that highlight on her cheek. Maybe that’s a weird thing to like… XD

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Joy Mastron
                      @i-j-anderson

@kate-flournoy I just got out of class and Christi was bragging about you so I had to come and see. And I am not disappointed, this is so gorgeous! I love this so much, it’s amazing! And your lettering. Just wow. It’s so beautiful, I’m just in love, Kate! This is astounding.

Kate Flournoy
                        @kate-flournoy

@Ethryndal aww, thanks. *cough* Calligraphy isn’t really all that difficult to master… anyone can do it… might like to give it a try yourself… 😉
                          Ha! Glad you like the shading; I was actually a little conflicted over that particular highlight, but I guess I was right to add it. 😀

@I-J-Anderson
                          awesome! Glad you like her; she’s your character after all. Credit to your description I was able to get her like that. I had fun. 🙂

Ethryndal
                          @ethryndal
                            • Total Posts: 1013

@Kate-Flournoy I was learning at one point, but then we moved, and all my calligraphy stuff got packed away somewhere and I haven’t seen it since. *sigh*

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Kate Flournoy
                            @kate-flournoy
                              Kate Flournoy
                              @kate-flournoy

*pokes topic* Where’d everyone go?

@I-J-Anderson
                                I’m going to take a stab at Gage. Not the best with drawing guys, but I wanna try it.

Joy Mastron
                                @i-j-anderson

@kate-flournoy Awesome. Go for it, friend! I think it went into backwards hibernation seeing as spring starts tomorrow. I haven’t had anytime, but I did this late last night. (I hope this works. I used to do photos through facebook but it’s a long story)

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 917 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >