Character Art Exchange

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Character Art Exchange

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 917 total)
  • Author
    Joy Mastron
    @i-j-anderson
      • Total Posts: 81

Hello, everybody! I love this little forum section because I love art. More specifically I am an artist who loves drawing and painting portraits and people. At the moment, however, I’m running a little low on ideas. That is why my brain spontaneously came up with this notion.
      This little Topic page is open for anybody who needs a bit of inspiration. So if you can’t draw, or just want someone else’s perspective (Because anyone can cook! Erm, I mean draw!) go ahead and comment your character’s name, preferably gender, and/or a description of their appearance or personality. You can be specific or general. Then just wait and see what other people come up with! There’s no limit, but maybe a hundred names all at once could get confusing.
      If you’re an artist, get creative and do as you please with a description. Sometimes, all it takes for me is a name or an idea of attitude to get started. You don’t have to be Rembrandt, you’re free to be Picasso if you’d like. If you want to comment a picture of a character that’s “up for adoption”, that’s okay, too.
      There might be some quirks, so you’re free to pose questions and we can all work it out.
      If you want to draw a character someone else has already “claimed”, feel free to do so; the more the merrier.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Joy Mastron.
      Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

@I-J-Anderson … did… did I understand this correctly? You want descriptions of characters so maybe they can inspire you and other ‘stuck’ artists to draw a portrait of them?

This is… I like this. This is unusual. But really cool.

Umkay… let me see. *scratches head* Assuming I’ve understood this correctly… have a character.

Taren. Female. Sixteen, very small, long auburn hair and brown eyes. Quiet. Undercover spy. From a strongly nomadic (almost Arabic) culture; dresses like a desert-dweller.

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy

And I have easily a bazilliondy characters (not exaggerating), so if for whatever reason that doesn’t work, I can offer you more. 😛

Louise Fowler
          @perfectfifths
            • Total Posts: 726

@i-j-anderson This is a cool idea! I love drawing characters (that doesn’t mean I’m always good at it 😛 Sometimes I get a gem, but it takes a lot of time sometimes) and I would also be interested in seeing what other people’s ideas for my characters would be.

Another thing I’d suggest we could do is after people draw other peoples’ character, the owner of the character could then submit a drawing of their own (if they have one) of what their portrayal looks like and we could, essentially, “compare notes”

@kate-flournoy
            I may possibly have a go at attempting your character Taren at some point, too 😉 😀

Currently reading Les Miserables

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

@i-j-anderson (btw, Taren’s also silently intense and sympathetic)

Ok, here goes one for a fantasy race I’m working on inventing.

The name is Teedletiden.

They are two to three feet in height, human like, and tree-dwellers. Culturally, they are traditional and by disposition merry, musical, and artistic. Their chief occupation is an agricultural tending of the forrest. Proportionally they are slightly different from humans (I would think of them as compact and spry) and have the ability to jump from tree to tree, somewhat in a squirrel like fashion, though that would be an exaggeration. They have small noses and wide round eyes set forward on their face which gives them an earnest expression. They tent toward being hairy. As adults, males often have beards. Females, I haven’t decided yet, but possibly some light wispy hairs flowing down their cheeks. They have a tendency toward light colored wooly hair.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy

@Daeus *grins* Thanks…

And those sound absolutely adorable. I want one.

Joy Mastron
                @i-j-anderson

@kate-flournoy Exactly! And also writers who need the inspiration, too. Just something to help visualize.

@daeus
                  They sound like they could be feisty. Almost like squirrels, I’m going to give it a shot and show you the results asap 😛

Gracie
                  @graciegirl
                    • Total Posts: 889

@i-j-Anderson This is so cool! Zikers, I’m so excited about this. I can’t think of any characters I’m having trouble with right now, but I’d love to possibly try my hand at drawing one that others have. Again, really cool idea! 😃😃

*is probably geeking out about something*

Joy Mastron
                    @i-j-anderson

@daeus it’s safe to say that the drawing I did of your Teedletiden turned out to be a failure considering I’ve spent the past fifteen minutes trying to stop laughing in order to take a picture.
                      I have been informed the picture isn’t showing up so I’m trying to figure it out now

a little gremlin man

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Joy Mastron.
                      Joy Mastron
                      @i-j-anderson

Stand by: this might work

Louise Fowler
                        @perfectfifths
                          • Total Posts: 726

@i-j-anderson That’s amazing, Joy! It’s so cute!

Currently reading Les Miserables

Joy Mastron
                          @i-j-anderson

Well, after that semi-creepy thing, I feel as if I need to redeem myself.
                            This is Crispa, a character belonging to @spradlin

(fingers crossed, I hope the picture works this time)

And this is Beck, @christi-eaton ‘s alter ego, of whom I have a great many variations.

Snapper
                            @dragon-snapper
                              • Total Posts: 3515

@I-j-Anderson First off….WOWOWOWOWOWOWW!!! You are good at drawing people. *runs off and decides to start practicing*

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Daeus
                              @daeus
                                • Total Posts: 4238

@i-j-anderson Hehe! I love it! I think you did a great job. My idea of them isn’t quite complete yet and I think they’d be slightly different, but that’s a great representation.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Joy Mastron
                                @i-j-anderson

@daeus I’m glad you think so! Either way, if you got a good laugh from the picture, I was worth it. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 917 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >