Character Art Exchange #2

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Character Art Exchange #2

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 882 total)
  • Author
    itisastarrynight
    @itisastarrynight
      • Total Posts: 134

Actually it isnt a light fantasy. Sorry that’s confusing. It’s a fantasy at least for sure. @daughteroftheking

I can't believe it's not butter!

NC Stokes
      @daughteroftheking
        • Total Posts: 1156

@itisastarrynight Fantasy! That’s my favorite genre to write. The NC stands for my first and middle name. Although it is possible that it stands for Nice Cat. 😀 I’m not a cat, but if I was, I’d be nice. xD I like your username, by the way.

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

itisastarrynight
        @itisastarrynight

@daughteroftheking Thanks for being patient! Here is the art I promised. I’m not 100% happy with it, but when is any artist? I drew the colored one first and had a lot of fun with it, getting maybe a little carried away with the steampunk esc. The grayscale sketch is a little more victorian and I know the features aren’t consistent, but I did try to make the second one a little more accurate. Dont mind the messy background haha

Joy
          @dekreel
            • Total Posts: 2304

@itisastarrynight  I’m sorry, I butted in, but OMW that is AMAZING!!!!

@daughteroftheking
              You are in for a treat!!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Joy.

You can pronounce it however you want.

itisastarrynight
            @itisastarrynight

@dekreel Thank you! I had a lot of fun with shading the fabric folds and such. Drawing fabric is hard so I recently have given it more attention(unlike the thousands of other things haha) I can tell it improves the dimension in my artwork 🙂

Joy
              @dekreel

@itisastarrynight  Yes, you did a great job! Wow, that’s impressive. I wouldn’t have had the patience to study cloth folds XD

……. Can you draw my character?! XD

itisastarrynight
                @itisastarrynight

@dekreel Yes, however it may take awhile as I will be going on a weekend trip in two days and won’t be back until Sunday evening or something like that.

Joy
                  @dekreel

@itisastarrynight  That’s fine 🙂

Her name is…. I haven’t decided. Let’s call her “Peri.” She has pale blue eyes, very short straight blond hair, and large round glasses. She has a steampunk outfit, but not as frilly as Amelia’s outfit 🙂

And if you want I’ll draw one of your characters in return 😉

NC Stokes
                    @daughteroftheking
                      • Total Posts: 1156

@itisastarrynight

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! *screaming and running around in circles* Thankyouthankyouthankyou!! I seriously love this so much. Lovely choice of colors, by the way.

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

itisastarrynight
                      @itisastarrynight

@dekreel She sounds like a cutie! I’ll do it. I dont have very many OC’s XD. My first OC though, Ara, is an alien with pale blue skin and purple hair. She is a princess but she comes from a long line of ninjas. She is the last of her people. She can turn into a mermaid at will and has black cat ears. I don’t have much description or ideas about her physical form, but her design is flexible. 🙂 Feel free to have fun with it! I know I’m excited to see the end result 🙂

itisastarrynight
                        @itisastarrynight

@daughterofhteking I’m glad you like it, yay! 😀
                          Funny you should mention the colors.. I was excited to chose a color scheme for this one. I wasn’t sure if they were victorian ish enough, but I’m glad you like them!

Catwing
                          @catwing
                            • Total Posts: 2557

Those are amazing everyone!

@leumeister
                            That sounds good if you want to do that. I will try and find some time to draw the figures soon! It always hides where you least expect it to be, unless of course you expected it to be there. 😛
                            Do you mean the height if they were real and big or on the page for proportions. Cause if you mean the second one it may be easier for me to just use heads (common art measuring trick, that was probably not invented by the Queen of Hearts).

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Leumeister
                            @leumeister
                              • Total Posts: 244

@catwing

CATWING!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! 😀 I’ve been admittedly somewhat worried at your lack of response. 😛 … Seriously, I’ve been praying that you’ll come back online soon. 😐

Aaaaanyway… 😛 Great to have you back! 😀 Sorry about all the @mentions… I kept adding on to my original post. 😛

No!! Not actual height! That’s crazy! 😛 On the page for proportions. And I asked for centimeters because Blender works in centimeters. Maybe you could calculate the height in centimeters after you draw the proportions.

LOL, probably not. 😛 Her head is huge. XD

Once again, great to have you back. ^_^ By the way, I recently learned that what I’m asking for is a model sheet. Makes sense to me. 🙂

Catwing
                              @catwing
                                • Total Posts: 2557

@leumeister … *cricket chirps* *eats cricket*
                                Sorry I worried you. I got distracted and started a comic with some of my friends. And played games… *cough*

Meh. I do that too. With emails… (Argh! why didn’t I think of that BEFORE I hit send?)

I have… *dramtic music* a ruler with centimeters! (How did I not think of that?! *faecpalm*)
                                I didn’t know Blender worked with centimeters.

Well, HER head was… But she keeps yelling, “Off with their head!” So… Other people’s…

Yep! *throws feathers*
                                It does make sense. *nods*

Just to clarify you want a blank model first, correct?

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Leumeister
                                @leumeister
                                  • Total Posts: 244

@catwing

That’s okay. It was probably a combination of impatience too. 😛 That comic sounds interesting. How is it going? And what games were you playing?

XD Yeah, and typos as well. XD I used to be part of a community that didn’t allow you to edit posts, so if I found a typo just as I hit send, I was really upset. 😛 … Well, annoyed, that is.

Ooh yay! However, by centimeters, I meant real-world height. Like 170cm, or 166cm. That way, I can make it as accurate as possible. ^_^  I find it kind of annoying when things are modeled at an arbitrary scale. If and when I start my own animation studio, I’ll have everyone make everything in real-world scale. Or as close as we can make it…

What do you mean by blank model?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 882 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >