Centurian's Wife

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions Centurian's Wife

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Skredder
    @skredder
      • Total Posts: 527

I’ve recently been introduced to Centurian’s Wife by Janette Oke and Davis Bunn. Even though I am only about 1/3 of the way through the book, I absolutely love it! Here’s a summary of it:

Leah is servant in Pontius Pilate’s household, a personal servant of his wife. She was content to live like that for the rest of her life, but the crucifixion of a man named Jesus turns her world upside down. She is now betrothed to a centurion she has never met before. 

The centurion Alban is summoned by Pilate for a special mission: find out if the Judeans are going to hold a revolt against Rome because of the crucifixion. In return, he gets the hand of Leah and a promotion. An interesting thing about Alban, Jesus had healed his servant at one time.

I love all of the characters and how they are written! Seeing (or rather reading) the story of what immediately follows the crucifixion and how it impacts so many others from a different point of view is really neat.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 103

I actually think I remember reading this! The plot sounds very familiar anyways. If I did read it though, it had to have been 5 or 6 years ago, and I read a LOT at that time, so I can’t really remember any details, sadly.

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine
          • Total Posts: 3322

@skredder I love Janette Oke!  I don’t like T. Davis Bunn as much, but the summary of that book sounds interesting, so I will definitely look it up.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

itisastarrynight
          @itisastarrynight
            • Total Posts: 134

That sounds so cool! I may just have to read it.

I can't believe it's not butter!

Jenna Terese
            @jenwriter17
              • Total Posts: 2522

@skredder I actually got this book for Christmas. I’m only a few chapters in, and it feels like the story’s been a little slow in beginning. I was actually thinking of reading a couple other books before finishing it. But it seems you really like it, so maybe I should just keep going!😊

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
              www.jennaterese.com

Skredder
              @skredder
                • Total Posts: 527

@jenwriter17 It is a little slow in the beginning, but it does get a bit faster and has a bit more intrigue in the plot the further you go. I will admit though, that it’s not for everyone. For instance, my sister, whom I’m reading a half-chapter to a chapter each night to, doesn’t particularly care for it. It doesn’t have enough action in it for her.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Jenna Terese
                @jenwriter17
                  • Total Posts: 2522

@skredder Okay, I’ll have to keep going!

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                  www.jennaterese.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                >