Can it Possibly have been a Year?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Can it Possibly have been a Year?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Ethryndal
    @ethryndal
      • Total Posts: 1013

My dear KaPeefer friends…

This is it. One year ago today, my shaking fingers typed out a vague and slightly snarky introduction letter. I didn’t say much, but what I did say, I endeavored to make it sound smart. (I failed.) I signed it “Ethryndal”. I didn’t half know who she was, but she sounded nice, and she sounded like me.

My finger hovered over the “Submit” button. Did I really want to do this? Once you hit it, you can’t take it back.

I hit it.

And no one could ever have told me how glad I would be for doing it.

Yup, one year ago today, I made my entrance into Kingdom Pen as a lonely INTJ elf, a writer who knew nothing about writing except to make it sound pretty.

I’ve learned a lot since then.

Words cannot express what this place has been like for me. Words cannot express what you people have been to me. Your ambitions, your dreams, your goals, your passion for Christ and your desire to write for His glory. You have taught me so much more than I EVER could have hoped to learn. You taught me about cliches; flat characters; plot holes; show don’t tell. Things I never even thought to question in my own writing. One year ago today, I was a horrible writer. Today, I feel confident in myself, my writing, and where I want it to go and grow.

You guys have been a support for me, a bright place when life gets rough and no one understands the shy little writer girl who lives in her head. I’ve met so many like-minded people on here, so many teenagers with a love for Jesus and worlds in their own heads that beat mine out of the water. I met my best friend here, and I can honestly say that all of you are the coolest people ever.

So… thanks, Kingdom Pen. Thanks, guys. Thanks for putting up with my glitter and snark and elvishness. Thanks for being the most helpful writing site I’ve ever found. Thanks for being the bestistest place on the internet.

This is your favorite elf, Sarah Baran, signing once again as,

~Ethryndal *showers glitter*

@dragon-snapper
      (KID) @Emma-Flournoy (*poke* BONJOUR!) @Kate-Flournoy (I salute you, my wise writing master) @Daeus (The first thing you ever said to me was “Watch out for dragons”. That’s wisdom to stake your life on. XD) @That_Writer_Girl_99 (LotR is better, FYI…) @GracieGirl (ZIKERS! Yeah yeah, I know you’re not around anymore. I’m tagging you anyway.) @Winter-Rose (We finally both have swords…!) @Jane-Maree (Please send me a kangaroo.) @Perfectfifths (You can send me one too.) @Mariposa (Have I ever told you how cool your name is?) @All-the-other-Kapeefers

And @Aratrea : Thanks for helming this ship. It’s a pretty great one.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

*huge sigh of relief* I don’t see anywhere in here that says you’re leaving. When I first started reading your post, it sounded like you were leaving. I’m glad you’re not. 😀

Keep watching out for dragons. 😉

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Ethryndal
        @ethryndal

@Daeus Oh, I forgot to mention that. Yes, it is with deep sadness and terrible, aching regret that I must inform you…

I’m not leaving. Don’t worry. 😉

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Gracie
          @graciegirl
            • Total Posts: 889

@Ethryndal ZIKERS to you too!! 😜 And I’m always around for KeePer-anniversary-thingys like this. 😉

Congrats on surviving this madhouse for a year!! 🎉🎉🎉 It’s been my pleasure to put up with your glitter and snark and elvishness. ❤️❤️❤️

*is probably geeking out about something*

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 3976

*dissolves into sappy tears*

Too many feelings. Can’t handle it. Can’t handle it.

sad loki

Okay. Maybe I can. But just barely. 😉 No I actually just wanted an excuse to use that gif. *nods*

*hugs you despite obligatory INTJ protests* I’m so glad you found us too.

@Ethryndal

Elizabeth
              @that_writer_girl_99
                • Total Posts: 1819

…better than what? Better than sitting in a dark hole with nothing to do but stare at the deep cavernous space before you? Well…probably. But other than that, I’m not sure to what you are referring…

In all seriousness, my sarcastic friend, I’m glad I’ve gotten to know you a bit here on KP. I’ll have been here a year at the end of March or April, I think, and I can’t believe it…well anyway, you make the forum awesome, fair elf. Glad to have you ’round.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice
                  • Total Posts: 3365

Can I just second everythi g @ethryndal has just said? Cause its true for me too!

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Ethryndal
                  @ethryndal

@Graciegirl *grins like a loon* Aw, thanks for popping back in. Long live the Zikers.

@Kate-Flournoy
                    *coughs**straightens jacket**awkwardly pats your head* Well. *cough* Don’t get sappy on me, dear. It isn’t becoming on anyone.

Beautiful use of a gif. This is why we’re friends. XD

@That_Writer_Girl_99
                    It’s just better. Better than EVERYTHING. *firm nod* Dark hole indeed… *sniff* I do believe I’m offended.

@SeekJustice
                    Consider yourself seconded! (Or however you say that… 😉 )

Elizabeth
                    @that_writer_girl_99

Managing to offend you is a great achievement indeed.

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 1330

@ethryndal *cries* The emotions are too great to bear. Anyway, I’m so glad that I know you over the internet kingdom and your blog. You’re awesome. 😉

Ethryndal
                        @ethryndal

@That_Writer_Girl_99

@Emily Aw, you’re so sweet. It’s been nice knowing you too. 🙂

Now stop crying on me. I can’t handle all these tears. 😉

Elizabeth
                          @that_writer_girl_99

You did not just use a Winter Soldier gif on me. Now I’m offended… @ethryndal

Ethryndal
                            @ethryndal

@That_writer_Girl_99 *inspects fingernails* Hmmm… what’s that you say, dearie?

Jane Maree
                              @jane-maree
                                • Total Posts: 909

@Ethryndal awww I’m so glad to know you through the forum. <3 <3 *sends you a kangaroo*

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

NC Stokes
                                @daughteroftheking
                                  • Total Posts: 1156

@ethryndal *is nice and doesn’t cry* You’re awesome. (I wish I was better at compliments). I love your blog. (Did I mention I’m bad at compliments?) LOTR IS THE BEST!!! *nods* That was better. 😀

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >