Can anyone help me?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Can anyone help me?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    NC Stokes
    @daughteroftheking
      • Total Posts: 1156

@Emily Oo, I want to read your story. That’s coming from someone who usually doesn’t show any interest in books that don’t involve dragons or spaceships. *opens mouth to share invaluable writing tips* *shuts it again* I actually don’t have much to say when it comes to being stuck with a plot. It happens to me all the time. One thing that often helps is to take your mind off the plot for a little while. Work on the characters, the setting, the backstory. These things can give you ideas for the plot, but even if they don’t, it’s good to make them detailed and put as much thought into them as possible. Hope that helps!

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 1330

Thanks @daughteroftheking! That does help. I am glad that you want to read it!

Hannah
        @salome01w4g
          • Total Posts: 991

@emily
          Np! Who wouldn’t like that tee shirt??? I absolutely love all the shirts in the shop actually. 😀
          While it is probably weird , I like killing off my character’s well mostly because it is normally at the climax of my story so… unfortunately none of the stories I have written with dead characters have ever been finished… 🙁
          Yeah I know, I found out about it threw Young writer’s workshop newsletter, it was being offered for free then, that’s how I found out about it.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Hannah.

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Anonymous

I agree @salome01w4g. Hmmm…you sound like @josiahdeboer, but you probably aren’t as gruesome in their deaths. For free??? Wouldn’t that be nice! 🙁

Hannah
            @salome01w4g
              • Total Posts: 991

@emily
              No, not really but I am a girl 😀
              Yeah that’s how I found out about KP

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice
                • Total Posts: 3365

@Emily, well, I think @Salome01w4g has already shared my advice. I actually think the story sounds pretty neat, but I have a bias towards any story that has a lighthouse in it (I LOVE lighthouses). When deciding if I want to finish a story Im struggling with I ask myself if I feel the message Im trying to get across is important to me, and whether I think it will be important to someone else. if you aren`t passionate about sharing the message, then that will show in the story. So ask yourself, not is the story lame? but is the message worth sharing? that has helped me a lot when I hate a story or feel I have too many projects. and putting it aside for now doesn’t mean getting rid of it forever. One day you might feel inspired to come back to it!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by SeekJustice.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

What on earth has it done to my comment?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Elizabeth
                  @that_writer_girl_99
                    • Total Posts: 1819

@daeus Any clues as to what happened to @seekjustice’s comment?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice

@that_writer_girl_99 my computer keeps, very helpfully, changing my keyboard from an Australian/US keyboard to an English one. Very possibly I could just be pressing random things in the hope that quotation marks and @ will come up. it still looks funny though.

Elizabeth
                      @that_writer_girl_99

Uh-oh @seekjustice, sounds like you’re computer is trying to sabotage your writing. Better do something…

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice

Story plot right there @that_writer_girl_99 an epic battle between author and computer to write a novel.

Elizabeth
                          @that_writer_girl_99

Do it. I’d read it.

Just the idea of writing about a writer seems so interesting. @seekjustice

SeekJustice
                            @seekjustice

@that_writer_girl_99 *hurries away and adds that to evergrowing pile of story ideas which are currently threatening to bury me*

Catwing
                              @catwing
                                • Total Posts: 2557

@seekjustice Author VS. Autocorrect! Intriguing.

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Anonymous

Thanks, @seekjustice! That is helpful and a good idea. You know, before this I never really thought about portraying much of a message. *Shrugs* I guess it is more important than I thought! Sorry about your computer…that does sound like an interesting story idea though…really!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >