Camp NaNo

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hope Ann
    @hope
      • Total Posts: 1092

Anyone doing Camp NaNo in July? I decided I was going to, so I’m wondering anyone else is and, if you are, if you have a cabin already or not (I need to find one to join).

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

Eh, what’s this?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hope Ann
        @hope

@Daeus It’s kind of like NaNo month (where you write a novel in one month…or at least 40,000 words) but there are two camps in the summer. One in May (I think) and one in July. You can set your own word goal, from 5000 words and for the month. Then you can join a ‘cabin’ with ten(?) other writers and you post your word counts each day and there are stats which show how you’re doing on your goal and you can chat with other people in your cabin about how you are doing. It’s a good way to keep a little pressure on. Kind of like the writing corner thread here, only it is a bit more steady.

Hope Ann
          @hope

If anyone is interested, you can sign up here: https://campnanowrimo.org/sign_in

And here’s the official ‘about’ information: http://campnanowrimo.org/about

If there are people here who are interested, I could set up a Kingdom Pen cabin. 😉

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

That sounds really neat. I’m sure I’d do it if I didn’t already have too much writing going on already. If I added on that, it’d be like having a full-time job. sooooo, yeah, sorry. Can’t do.

… But, if I work hard enough on my current writing projects, I might be able to do NaNoWriMo this fall. It’s November, right? I’m really wanting to do that novel in a month thing. I know I could do it now.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Anna Brie
              @anna-brie
                • Total Posts: 312

@Hope I’m doing it. I’m sharing a cabin with Kendra Ardnek, my brother and a few other people. You could join us if you want. We’ve got plenty of room.

Hope Ann
                @hope

@anna-brie What cabin are you in? Or do you need me to give you my username? I’ve only done this once, so I can’t remember how it all works.

Anna Brie
                  @anna-brie
                    • Total Posts: 312

@Hope Your username is what we need. And you’ve got to have your project set up, and make sure you haven’t already been put into a random cabin.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  >