Calling all beta-readers!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Critique Requests Calling all beta-readers!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Hannah R.
    @his-instrument
      • Total Posts: 229

Hey folks,
      I’ve been working for about two years on a novel called Prince of the Barbarians, and Lord willing, I will be attempting to publish it this year. But before I do that, I need a few beta-readers. Actually, gamma-readers, because I’ve already had two people beta-read for me, but I’m sure there are still plenty of flaws, and it’s always nice to get a fresh perspective. I’d be willing to do a novel swap with you, although it might take me a while for me to get it done– I’m not sure what my school workload will look like yet, but I’ll know in a couple of weeks.
      Synopsis: 17-year-old Prince Cerdic finds himself abruptly thrown onto the throne following his father’s unexpected assassination. The problem is, the assassin lives within the castle walls, and wants Cerdic’s life, too. After fleeing the castle with his half-sister, Garawyn, the two fall in with a simple farming family and live undercover, while trying to devise a plan to reclaim the kingdom from the tyrannical ruler who now sits on the throne. But the mission is going to take a lot more faith and trust* than Cerdic imagined.

*And pixie dust. Sorry, that had nothing to do with the story, but I had to, and I didn’t feel that it would fit with the flow of the synopsis to insert it in parentheses.

YA Fantasy Writer
      Obsessive Character Namer
      Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

btw, people, Daeus likes this story.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Northerner
        @northerner
          • Total Posts: 244

Is this the one that you posted the beginning of a while ago? Because I really liked it, only I think I’m going to be too busy to beta-read anything of length.

Jada Morrison
          @jadamae
            • Total Posts: 199

You have no idea how much I would love to do that! Unfortunately, I just don’t have the time to commit to that right now. If you still need people around the end of March/April, I might be able to!

Jess
            @jess
              • Total Posts: 575

@his-instrument. I would love to beta-read that! I can do things in word or google docs, but I prefer word docs. It will probably take me a few weeks to do because life. Do you have a time frame?

Hannah R.
              @his-instrument

@northerner and @jadamae, I may need a final polish in a couple months, so if you guys are still available then, I can keep you posted.

@jess
                , thanks so much! If you could have it done by mid-March at the latest, that would be great. I totally understand life. However, last year, I asked some friends to proofread a novel for me (I even printed copies for them to make it easier), and said, “Could you have it done by the end of January?” to which they all replied, “Sure!” and then I pushed it back to February, then March, then April… and some of them to this day haven’t finished it. So as long as that doesn’t happen, I’ll be happy. 🙂 My goal is to publish this novel by the end of 2017.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Hannah R..

YA Fantasy Writer

Jess
                @jess

@his-instrument, Okay, sounds great 🙂 I will definitely be able to finish by March. My email is 143 artsy gal at gmail.com (Of course, with no spaces and a @ sign. internet precaution)

Hannah R.
                  @his-instrument

@jess Thanks! You’ll get an e-mail from my academic e-mail account, in which I’ll give you my personal e-mail.

YA Fantasy Writer

Jess
                    @jess

@his-instrument I received the email 🙂

Snapper
                      @dragon-snapper
                        • Total Posts: 3515

@his-instrument I am interested in reading this, if its still open.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Hannah R.
                        @his-instrument

@dragon-snapper Sure! I have discovered that the publishing process takes a lot longer than I thought, so I’m spending some more time researching before I try to publish (besides, I just acquired a published writing mentor, so that should be helpful). But in the meantime, I’d love as much help polishing as I can get. If you give me your e-mail I will send it to you. Thanks!

YA Fantasy Writer

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        >