Calling All Beta-Readers

Home Page β€Ί Forums β€Ί Fiction Writing β€Ί General Writing Discussions β€Ί Calling All Beta-Readers

Tagged:Β 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Snapper
    @dragon-snapper
      • Total Posts: 3515

Yes.
      Fellow Kapeefers…
      The time has come.
      The time has come for me to ask you for help.
      But not in a melancholy sense.
      This is good news.
      I’m getting published.
      Mmmhhmm.
      My very boring sentences are my way of trying to contain myself.
      Anyways….I am self-publishing a book of poetry on Amazon, and I need you all to help me! I need beta-readers, so anyone who is available, please let me know. πŸ˜€ Thank you in advance!
      If you need more info or if you have any questions, feel free to say so. I promise I won’t melt you.
      πŸ˜€

@daeus
      @kate-flournoy @his-instrument @hope @jane-maree @that_writer_Girl_99 (whenever you return. I’ll be open then too) @graciegirl @winter-rose @jess @ethryndal
      And that makes ten, but anyone else, please feel free to speak up.
      Again, thanks!
      *flies off in a flurry of stardust, laughing maniacally*

β˜€ β˜€ β˜€ ENFP β˜€ β˜€ β˜€

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

@Dragon-Snapper dahhhh!!! CONGRATULATIONS AUGH I’M SO EXCITED FOR YOU HOORAY FOR CADET SNAPPER AND THE VALIANT FIRST ASSAULT!

I… would love to do this for you, except I’ve promised myself not to take on any more projects until I get two or three of my others wrapped up. πŸ™ If it’s still up for beta-reading once that happens, I might be able to, but as of right now, I can’t.

Snapper
        @dragon-snapper

@kate-flournoy Haha! *bows* Thanks!
          No worries. I get it…life tends to be busy…for some reason… πŸ˜›

Daeus
          @daeus
            • Total Posts: 4238

@dragon-snapper Maybe… How long is it?

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Snapper
            @dragon-snapper

@daeus 42 poems.
              It is 81 Word Doc pages, single space, 12pt font. 9900 words. I may take out a few poems, but I haven’t decided yet.

Hope Ann
              @hope
                • Total Posts: 1092

@dragon-snapper Congratulationssssssssssssss! Unfortunately, I don’t have the time for beta reading. πŸ™ Too much to do, too little time. But I wish you all the best and if you have questions about the publication process itself, I’d be happy to help. πŸ™‚

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Jane Maree
                @jane-maree
                  • Total Posts: 909

@Dragon-Snapper OH MY GOODNESS THAT’S SO EXCITING!!! *flails and jumps around in circles screaming* SO AMAZING, GIRL!! πŸ˜€
                  I’m reaaaally sorry to say that I probably will have to step back from taking up beta reading for you though. D: I really really want to and I absolutely hate saying no, but I’ve got a lot of other critiquing stuff that I’m doing and just filled in my last slot. BUT if you still want me to do it next month I will hopefully have a bit of time then?

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Snapper
                  @dragon-snapper

@hope @jane-maree Don’t worry, guys. I totally understand saying no. No is probably a more important word that yes is, don’t you think? πŸ˜€
                    Although, I will tag a few others…

@perfectfifths
                    @leumeister @northerner

Louise Fowler
                    @perfectfifths
                      • Total Posts: 726

@dragon-snapper That’s super exciting! πŸ˜€ Another friend of mine recently self-published a book of poems through Amazon as well.

I have a couple of questions before I possibly say yes:
                      1. What exactly are you looking for with the beta reading? Feedback, obviously, but are you also wanting things like grammar/spell-check and general editing? I need to know how picky I’d need to be πŸ˜‰
                      2. Do you have a certain time you need it beta read by?
                      3. How do you plan to send it to me? Is it through Google Docs or email or what?

I am generally not a big fan of poetry (it depends on the kinds of poems, actually) but I’m willing to give it a shot for you πŸ™‚

Currently reading Les Miserables

Daeus
                      @daeus
                        • Total Posts: 4238

@dragon-snapper Okay, I’m on. Just give me a few days to cram in some of my own editing before I get started.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Snapper
                        @dragon-snapper

@perfectfifths 1. Be extremely picky. As picky as possible. I want this stuff to be best it can. I already edited it for grammar and other things like that, but it just happen to see something while your at it, I’d appreciate it if you’d mention it.
                          2. Preferably by the end of the month, but if you still need time, I’m absolutely flexible. If you need, I can make it early to mid august.
                          3. Through email over a word document. Neither of us have to put our email on the forum, though. @hope has a very nice way of doing it. And Hope, see below.

@daeus
                          Awesome! I’ll going ahead and have @hope get you my email so it can be ready for you when you are ready. (That was a whole lot of readys…)

Gracie
                          @graciegirl
                            • Total Posts: 889

@Dragon-Snapper Agh! I’m afraid I can’t swing it right now. Things are going to be a bit crazy at my place for the next few weeks. But CONGRATS on this!!!! It’s so exciting!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ I hope the process goes smoothly!

*is probably geeking out about something*

Leumeister
                            @leumeister
                              • Total Posts: 244

@dragon-snapper

I could help out. I haven’t read many poetry books before, so this will be interesting. πŸ™‚

Louise Fowler
                              @perfectfifths
                                • Total Posts: 726

@dragon-snapper. Okay, I’ll do it πŸ™‚ You can count on that pickiness πŸ˜‰ I could probably do it by the end of the month, but I will let you know if I do need more time. And so long as I don’t have to put my email online, I’m sure it will be fine πŸ™‚ What will I have to do?

Currently reading Les Miserables

RaeMarie
                                @celticcailin
                                  • Total Posts: 22

Awesome! I would love to beta read for you! What exactly are you looking for in a beta reader?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >