Brainstorming Zone

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Brainstorming Zone

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Kate Flournoy
    @kate-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 3976

@That_Writer_Girl_99 it’s really good, only I’m having some difficulty getting a handle on Blake. He just seems sort of vague and aimless; doesn’t know what he wants or really anything about anything that’s going on. I think a lot of that might have to do with the fact that none of his words or actions are really any more than generic human words and actions. They’re not particular to him; his way of doing things, his way of saying things.

Thoughts?

Elizabeth
      @that_writer_girl_99
        • Total Posts: 1819

I was afraid that would happen. @kate-flournoy You’re definitely right, and I wish I had a good answer, but the truth is…Blake doesn’t know where he stands. He knows what he wants, but he doesn’t know how to get it. And honestly, I don’t know how to get him to where I want. Dealing with Kara’s character arc is tricky enough, but I’m balancing a lot here. I’ll work on it.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy

@That_Writer_Girl_99 hmmm… yes. Writing can be a ticklish business. 😛 As always, I’m here if you think there’s anything I can do to help, but I really do have faith that you’ll be able to figure it out on your own.

Elizabeth
          @that_writer_girl_99

You have faith in me even when I don’t have faith in myself. @kate-flournoy You’re the best.

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy

@That_Writer_Girl_99 I say no more than I mean and mean no less than I say. 😉

Worked with you I have. To know I ought.

Snapper
              @dragon-snapper
                • Total Posts: 3515

*pops head in* You got this!

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Elizabeth
                @that_writer_girl_99

Ty @dragon-snapper

Kate… *sighs* I don’t know. I don’t feel like I know anything about this. I’m in way over my head here. @kate-flournoy

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Elizabeth.

Kate Flournoy
                  @kate-flournoy

@That_Writer_Girl_99 welcome to the club. 😉

Remember, my dear— if it’s plot that’s got you down, let the characters take over and write the story for you.
                    If it’s discouragement and doubt… let God. He can write a story, remember? Surrender is easier said than done, but once done it’s so worth it. Because as long as it’s your story you’re going to stress over it because you have to get it right, and you can’t. But God takes good care of all that’s given to Him. If it’s His story, all you have to do is write it for Him. He’ll guide you because He knows how to do this so much better than even the most skilled writer ever can.

Elizabeth
                    @that_writer_girl_99

*sends love and warm hugs in your direction*

I think I’ve found my problem, and all I need to do to fix it is just…practice. @kate-flournoy

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 1486

@that_writer_girl_99 Just wanted to let ya know I’m (finally) caught up on reading Prison and WHY WOULD YOU END IT LIKE THAT SHE CAN’T BE DEAD AHHHH! :(::: Talk about a cliffhanger. Points for that one. 🙂 Poor Kara. Anyway, good job and keep on writing! 🙂

Elizabeth
                        @that_writer_girl_99

@winter-rose Aha! I’m glad you enjoyed it. I’m not totally satisfied with the way chapter 5 turned out, but I need to continue on with chapter 6…thanks for the kind words!

Kate Flournoy
                          @kate-flournoy

@That_Writer_Girl_99 *appears in a poof of elvish stardust**adjusts Jedi robes* You wanted to talk about chapter seven?

Elizabeth
                            @that_writer_girl_99

Yes. Once again I’ve no idea what to do… have you read chapter 6? @kate-flournoy

Kate Flournoy
                              @kate-flournoy

@That_Writer_Girl_99 don’t think so. Heading over there now.

Elizabeth
                                @that_writer_girl_99

@kate-flournoy Okay. I won’t be able to chat on there right now because I’m doing it off my phone…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 118 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >