Book Recommendations

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions Book Recommendations

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 1486

@salome01w4g Storming by K. M. Weiland! It is a very cute book with action and deep characters and devoid of make-you-wanna-gag romance. 🙂 It’s great. @daeus probably reads historical fiction, he might have some recommendations for ya.

But if you are looking for fantasy, the Wingfeather Chronicles are beautiful and deep. Also, the Out of Time series by Nadine Brandes is amazing and I can’t even express how awesome and beautiful and emotional it is. 🙂

Hannah
      @salome01w4g
        • Total Posts: 991

@winter-rose sounds good! My brother has read the wing feather saga,I am …. um how do I say with out getting kicked out…… uh Idon’treadalotoffantasy okay I said it *ducks*

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 1486

@salome01w4g Whaaaat XD It’s ok I don’t really read historical fiction. XD

Ingrid
          @ingridrd
            • Total Posts: 830

*pops in* Despite your “duck”, I believe I must ask you to leave, @salome01w4g. *pops out*
            *pops back in* That was a joke, btw. 🙂 I don’t read certain genres either. *pops out for good*

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Kylie
            @kballen
              • Total Posts: 65

@salome01w4g Number the Stars by Lois Lowry is really good. It’s one of my favorite books.

Harry Potter forever!!!!

Hannah
              @salome01w4g

@kballen oh that one is really good!

Ingrid
                @ingridrd

@kballen I have not read Number the Stars but I’ve read the Giver Quartet by Lois Lowry. Have you read those??? They’re reeeeeeaaaally good. 🙂

Ingrid
                  @ingridrd

A series I would highly, highly, highly recommend is The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall. Those are really cute books. Has anyone read those?

@salome01w4g
                    @kballen @winter-rose

Joy
                    @dekreel
                      • Total Posts: 2304

@salome01w4g Don’t worry, I don’t… read much fantasy either. *glances around nervously to see if anyone looks ready to cast me out*

You can pronounce it however you want.

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 1330

@kballen I love that one! I’ve always enjoyed learning about the WWII time period. It’s just so complex, though that it is difficult to work with.

@ingridrd
                        I read the first Penderwicks book. It was a good one.

@salome01w4g
                        No fantasy for me either. *rushes inside fortress*

Christine Eaton
                        @christi-eaton
                          • Total Posts: 306

Alright guys *throws list of books*

For children’s lit lovers,
                          The Rise and Fall of Mount Majestic by Jennifer Trafton
                          The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart.
                          Henry and the Chalk Dragon Also by Jennifer Trafton and I highly, highly recommend it if you love to read something incredibly well written and witty and lots of imagination.

For historical fiction lovers.
                          Literally anything by Francine Rivers, The Mark of the Lion, The Atonement Child, Redeeming Love, and Bridge to Haven are my top *Content warning: These are definitely written for adults.
                          The Fiddler’s Gun (I can’t rave about it enough. by A.S. Peterson
                          The Battle of Franklin: A Stageplay also by A.S. Peterson. I cried.
                          My dear @emma-flournoy already said it but Les Miserables

Fantasy,
                          Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson.
                          Also
                          Howl’s Moving Castle I’m reading it right now after I watched the movie and I really enjoyed it

That’s all I got for now, but I’ve read a lot, so feel free to discuss anytime.

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Ingrid
                          @ingridrd

@christi-eaton I regret to inform you that I have read none of the books you listed. Welp. *rolls out mile-long book list* *grabs pen*
                            @emily and @salome01w4g What are your favorite genres to read?

Anonymous

@ingridrd Historical fiction usually. And contemporary fiction

Hannah
                              @salome01w4g

@ingridrd nope never read them, the Benedict society is very good Historical fiction and modern adventure (Que baker family series)

@dekreel
                                @emily oh phew I’m not alone 😀

@christi-eaton
                                Benedict society ahhhhh, some of my favorites!!!! Mr. Benedict is so sweet, ahh me loves them so much!!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Hannah.

Anonymous

@salome01w4g Nope! The baker family series is the best ever! Although shannon recently betrayed us by saying that another series was better. *scowls*

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 129 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >