Bonjour, Fellow Authors!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Bonjour, Fellow Authors!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    WarrenLuther04
    @warrenluther04
      • Total Posts: 270

Hi, I’m Warren! I am a book-lover and a Harry Potter nerd. (I guess it comes with my Hogwarts House, I’m a Ravenclaw.) I have been writing short stories/novellas for around nine years, and have read diligently for longer. (I don’t know the exact time… I’ve always loved reading.) I play piano and am on my church’s worship team, and I am learning the violin. I am also slightly (well, not so slightly) obsessed with superheroes. Marvel and DC are my favorite comic companies.

Since I am new here, I had an important question about sending Kingdom Pen stories. I like to call my stories books, but they are really novellas. However, they are chaptered and I am almost positive would be too long to post in full. Would I simply post one or two chapters at a time? Thanks so much!

Kapeefer 'Till We're Old and Grey!
      ENFJ-T ... I think (haven't taken the quiz in awhile)

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

Hello @WarrenLuther04, and welcome to the bestistest place on the internet! 😀 What’s your favorite genre? To read and write? What kind of music do you like?

As for the stories question, let me just direct you to our publication guidelines. 🙂

I have to warn you, guys are severely outnumbered on this forum, so beware. *grins* As the forum happiness director I am actually quite pleased to see you. *resists urge to say something cheesy about balance in the Force**fervently hopes you’re a Star Wars fan*

Yep. We’re all nuts. *nods* Once again, welcome. Hope to see you around.

Elizabeth
        @that_writer_girl_99
          • Total Posts: 1819

You free to chat? @kate-flournoy

*coughs* Excuse me. @warrenluther04 Welcome! Glad you found our little corner of the internet.

Ah! I’m a Slytherin, but there’s a little Ravenclaw in there too.

You like comics!? That’s awesome. Who’s your favorite superhero? You can pick one from both Marvel and DC, if you can’t pick just one.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Emma Flournoy
          @emma-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 1352

Welcome to KP @WarrenLuther04! O thou outnumbered. We can use it. Girls aren’t the only ones who read books. XD
            Do you know your MBTI type?
            Oh, and I play piano and violin too. 😀 What kind of music do you like?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Emma Flournoy.
            Snapper
            @dragon-snapper
              • Total Posts: 3515

@warrenluther04
              HIIII!!!
              Welcome to Kingdpom Pen, the land of writing, reading, and where most people play at least one instrument. I’m learning piano too, though my main instrument is guitar. I play with my teen band. What are your favorite songs to play, and what kind of songs do you play at church?
              Do you like LOTR? (I’m asking because I don’t know much about Harry Potter, except that there’s a wizard and in the Lego Movie they called him Doubledoor.) 😛

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

WarrenLuther04
              @warrenluther04

@kate-flournoy Don’t worry, I’m a total Star Wars nut. I’m very into the Mandalorians. Thanks for the info, it’ll be very helpful. 🙂

@that_writer_girl_99
                Slytherin is a pretty cool House too, some of my best friends at school are Slytherins. Although, my favorite house is obviously Ravenclaw. It’s the House of Wisdom! (That sounded like something Annabeth Chase would say.)

@emma-flournoy
                Sadly, it seems as though at my school girls are the ones who read more than boys…. ;( Sadly, I do not know my MBTI type… all I know is that I’m an extrovert. Yay! A fellow pianist and violinist! My favorite genre of music is probably jazz, although I’m partial to playing film scores such as Star Wars and Harry Potter. I recently re-arranged the Star Wars theme to include the current Star Wars Rebels theme song… such a nerd am I! (That was supposed to be Yoda-talk.)

@dragon-snapper
                Thanks! I think my favorite song to play currently is Linus and Lucy by Vince Guaraldi, or maybe Kei’s Song by David Benoit. But I do enjoy Harry Potter and Star Wars. I mostly play modern songs at church such as Oceans (Where Feet May Fail.) I think the most common band that we play songs by is Hillsong.
                LOTR is fantastic, Tolkien is a fabulous author. Yeah, Harry Potter is pretty interesting. You should try it!

Elizabeth
                @that_writer_girl_99

Alright, wise-guy, whatever ya say. @warrenluther04

WarrenLuther04
                  @warrenluther04

@that_writer_girl_99 🙂 Do you know what cabin at Camp Half-Blood you’d be in? If you’ve read Percy Jackson, that is. I’m Cabin Poseidon.

Elizabeth
                    @that_writer_girl_99

Apollo! Or Athena. That’s based on my talents/skills. But I’d love to be in Poseidon’s cabin. @warrenluther04

WarrenLuther04
                      @warrenluther04

@that_writer_girl_99 Yeah, Poseidon’s pretty awesome. I’m a swimmer, so I chose Poseidon. But, since I’m a Ravenclaw… I think I’d fit in with the Athena Cabin as well. 🙂

Emma Flournoy
                        @emma-flournoy

@WarrenLuther04 Yeah, I can tell you’re an extrovert. 😀 I’d hazard a guess you’re an ENFP.
                          And that’s cool! I love the SW rebel theme, and people who can mix and make their own arrangements have my respect. *nods* Yoda, no less.

WarrenLuther04
                          @warrenluther04

@emma-flournoy Thanks! I had help from my piano teacher with the arrangement. What’s ENFP? I’ve heard of it, but I don’t exactly know.

Emma Flournoy
                            @emma-flournoy

@WarrenLuther04 Oh, it’s one of the 16 MBTI types. Here, you can take the test if you want and see how wrong I am. 😛 https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
                              Very cool stuff.

Gracie
                              @graciegirl
                                • Total Posts: 889

@WarrenLuther04 Just poppin’ in to say WELCOME, Marvel rocks, yeessssss another Star Wars fan, and GRYFFINDOR FOREVER!! 😜 See ya around!

*is probably geeking out about something*

WarrenLuther04
                                @warrenluther04

@graciegirl Thanks! Marvel is very cool, and Star Wars is amazing. Gryffindor is a great House… after all, Hermione Granger’s from Gryffindor! (Although, I’m surprised she didn’t get into Ravenclaw… she’s one of the smartest characters in the series!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >