Blogging?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    @aella
      • Total Posts: 160

Hello all!
      I have been thinking about starting a blog, and have recently got the stone rolling for that process, and will hopefully be putting it up for real in December. I have plans for posting over at least the year of 2017. However, I have never done anything like this before and am TOTALLY FREAKING OUT.*cough* I mean. *cough* Wondering if y’all had anything to say on the topic. Yeahhh. Anyways. I ask for any advice you would be willing to give. 🙂 Also, I know some of you do, but if you have a blog, I’d love to see them! If you would be so kind as to leave a link below? Thanks y’all! ~Hannah

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

@aella What’s your goal?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hannah
        @aella

@daeus
          Let’s see if I can get this into words in a way that makes sense. *deep breath*
          My main points in having a blog are to get my writing out into at least a small piece of the world, get myself writing more…well, really, finishing more… And, to grow as a writer.
          My goals for on the blog is to write and edit two short stories a month, as well as any other posts that I can get written.

Daeus
          @daeus
            • Total Posts: 4238

@aella Ok, I see what you’re saying here. I did pretty much that exact thing myself. I never did any articles myself though, just small stories and some poems. When I started editing my novel though, I pretty much forgot about it, but it was great while I was still “building” my writing.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 68

@aella congratulations! you’re awesome!
              starting a blog is so fun. i’d totally recommend it! and yes, it does help for motivation. i’ve got one and knowing that people want more of what i’m writing is very encouraging!
              😀 tag me with the address when you start it–i’d love to follow!
              mine is http://afangirlsfantasy.blogspot.com 🙂

Hope Ann
              @hope
                • Total Posts: 1092

Blogging is quite fun. I like to blog about the writer’s life (me…because I’m so fascinating), my own works in progress, writing scenes, prompts…about anything I want to do. I blog at https://authorhopeann.com/

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Hannah
                @aella

@zoe-wingfeather
                  Thanks, :), I will!
                  Coolness! (I didn’t get distracted for approximately half an hour on there just now…What are you talking about?! XD)

@hope

(You are, though, I love your blog!) A question, if I may, do you make all of your prompt collages yourself?

Jess
                  @jess
                    • Total Posts: 575

@aella I blogged for a year about health (I had some issues and people kept asking me for my diy recipes…) but I just started a blog at https://theartfulauthor.wordpress.com/ 🙂

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Jess.
                    Hope Ann
                    @hope

@aella Yes, I made the prompt collages with pictures from pinterest. 😉

Hannah
                      @aella

@jess
                        Cool! I’ll head over and check it out 😀

@hope

Whoa. I don’t see how you keep coming up with new ones. *applause*

Anonymous
                          • Total Posts: 1486

@aella you’r starting a blog? Awesome! I would like to see it once you start it, if that is Ok 🙂 . I suppose my tip would be to have someone glance over your posts before you post them. I suppose you don’t have to, but for a non-detail oriented person like me, it helps when there is a fresh pair of eyes to catch any little mistakes I’ve made.

On my blog I post pictures, personal experiences, and a plethora of other things related to my life.
                          https://thegreatrisingpuzzlement.wordpress.com/

Hope Ann
                          @hope

@aella Well, I’ve not made any for awhile. I made over a hundred awhile back and now I have them on Pinterest and just keep using them. 😉

Mark Kamibaya
                            @mark-kamibaya
                              • Total Posts: 318

@aella

I don’t blog, but I really like blogs that are audience-centered instead of author-centered. Like they put out content that other people would be interested in. They don’t just post for their own satisfaction. They graciously consider whether or not other people would be honestly interested in the content they produce. This applies to articles and stories.

Also, I like it if people show a little bit of their personal life. Not too much cuz that’d be awkward. But showing some of your daily life (the interesting stuff) makes blogs seem more personal. Like a friendship. This is why Youtube vlogs are so popular.

I blog on story and spiritual things at mkami.weebly.com

Hannah
                              @aella

@winter-rose
                                Of course it is :). I’ll post the link here once it’s up if I can remember…sticky note time. (mid-late December most likely. I’m shooting for the fifteenth. Because… I don’t know. I like the number fifteen?)
                                Yesss! Eeek, if someone didn’t go over my work… that’d be a nightmare. I’m planning on it :).
                                How fun! 😀 I’ll go check it out! 🙂

@hope

That’s a lot! 🙂 They’re always fun to see what other people’s thoughts are.

@mark-kamibaya

I agree, and while every person is different and will be interested in certain content, it is always more fun to read something, blog, story, whatever, that is aimed for you/your interests, etc. I will keep it in mind to the best of my abilities as I write, and edit, for it.
                                I haven’t thought about that much, but who knows? Maybe I’ll add a section… I do enjoy when you get to know the author a bit from their everyday life like you said, I just hadn’t thought about doing it myself… Thank you!

Hannah
                                @aella

@zoe-wingfeather
                                  @winter-rose
                                  @anyone-who-happens-to-care

My blog is up:)! 😬 Let’s see how soon I’ll be completely freaking out. Here’s a link:)
                                  http://www.pandapenstrokes.wordpress.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >