Awkward Hello

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Awkward Hello

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Emma Flournoy
    @emma-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 1352

@GabrielleMassman Aaaand I looked up and read some more about Till We Have Faces and decided it couldn’t wait very long. I called and had it ordered to our local library today. 😀 So I’ll be reading it soon.

Which two movies do you like best? I know there are about a dozen…in a few weeks I’ll be watching the Liam Neeson/Geoffery Rush one with my parents and some siblings. Is that one pretty good?
      I know! I love that moment. Marius is like…oh. 😛
      Yesss…Joly the hypochondriac doctor, always examining his tongue in the mirror. He’s fun.

GabrielleMassman
      @gabriellemassman
        • Total Posts: 14

@emma-flournoy Oh, good! It is a good read and wonderful story, but it can be really hard to understand. If you want to discuss it, I’d love to! Also here is a lecture I listened to that might help you (or should wait till you finish the book first, though): https://www.uu.edu/audio/detail.cfm?ID=874

Well, I think the only two I have watched are the Liam Neeson one and the newer one with– ugh? Wolverine as Jean Valjean. I think I liked the second one better– they missed out on some of my favorite verses, but the picture and actors were better I thought. Also it might have been more accurate to the musical, but I can’t remember.
        Jolllly!

Emma Flournoy
        @emma-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 1352

@GabrielleMassman Thanks. 🙂

Do you mean the 2012 movie of the musical, with Russell Crowe as Javert (ugh)? I don’t know who Wolverine is; though I think somebody named Hugh Jackman did Jean Valjean in the 2012 one, so maybe it’s not the same one. I just thought the 2012 one is the only movie made of the musical.
          I haven’t seen it. But I know the musical itself isn’t entirely accurate to the book. 😉 Movies made after the book, not after the musical, would be different.

Rolena Hatfield
          @rolena-hatfield
            • Total Posts: 405

@GabrielleMassman Why hello! I am very late to this party! But I had to stop by and welcome you to the forum! Welcome!
            Yes, time management, a very tricky thing to balance! What is it that you’re studying at the Christian college you attend?

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          >