Awkward Hello

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Awkward Hello

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Ethryndal
    @ethryndal
      • Total Posts: 1013

@Gabriellemassman Last time I checked, there were about three INTJs on KP, so you make the fourth. And I like to think Ethryndal is elvish–it’s something I made up one day and became rather attached to. 😉

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Snapper
      @dragon-snapper
        • Total Posts: 3515

@gabriellemassman
        Hi! I’m Dragon Snapper! Nice to meet you! *shakes your hand very hard*
        Ooh, I wrote some fantasy. And Tolkien is only ever awesome. (Note to Self: read poem)
        You’ve been writing since you were 9! Woah…I only started about three years ago. Did you ever have writer’s block in that time?
        Thanks for joining and I look forward to seeing you around!

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

@gabriellemassman Mmm… yeah. Boy, I love that. I’ve got some basic ideas, but I can’t wait to do an in-depth brainstorming session and let my imagination run wild.

The bestistest thing is just something I came up with once and ever since then it’s been a tradition to greet people that way.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 1486

@gabriellemassman *jumps up and down in excitement* another Gabrielle! I can’t believe it! 😃 Yay!!!
            you’ve written a 80,000 word YA high fantasy? Wow. I’m currently editing my Nano book that’s around that length and it’s insanely hard to keep everything straight and in mind when I edit. How did you do it?
            Welcome to KP Gabrielle!
            P.S. Do you ever go by Gabby?

GabrielleMassman
            @gabriellemassman
              • Total Posts: 14

@Ethryndal Interesting. Maybe we can get five someday. Ah, I see that now. It still is very pretty, and it looks elvish.

@dragon-snapper
              Nice to meet you, too! I like your username, by the way. I’ve had writer’s block about a ton of projects but never my main one. I only get procrastinator’s block on that one, and I sure get that a lot.

@Daeus
              Brainstorming is always fun. I hope you get to do it soon.
              Cool!

@Gabrielle Hi, Gabrielle! Typically, we run into “Gabriella”s, huh? No, I don’t go by Gabby, though I do have a nick-name. Many people call me Gigi. How about you?
              It is hard to keep everything straight. Ugh. Is the dragon purple or orange? What was that character’s mother again? Yeah, I run into that all the time. What has helped me is to have detailed character outlines, plot my novel on a calendar (to keep track of dates and time), and to keep all this information and other in a binder. That way I can just keep the binder next to me during edits. I hope that helps!

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 1486

@GabrielleMassman I go by Gabby pretty much all the time, though I’m not sure where it came from (probably my parents 🙂 ). I like Gigi though 🙂 . Thanks for the tips! I try to keep notes, but they end up on like a hundred different word documents, five billion pieces of papers, and two different electronic devices. I have an ultimate word document where keep my names, world building notes, character backstory ect. so I can open it as I write, but I have trouble making myself go back and look at it. Ah well, the troubles of writing. 🙂 I’m glad I’m not the only one that has problems keeping their own world straight. 🙂
                Note about tags: Most tags are people’s names, like yours or dragon-snapper’s for example. But a few (like mine, A.K.A. @winter-rose) are different and you have to click on the persons name, which leads to their profile, where you’ll see their tag under their picture.

Christine Eaton
                @christi-eaton
                  • Total Posts: 306

@GabrielleMassman Welcome! Glad to have you aboard! Ah, another Les Miserables fan who has actually read the book. I like you already! Seriously, I could go on for ages why that book is spectacular… Anyway, I’m Christine, but I go by Christi, I’m fairly active around here, by either writing some content for the website or hanging around the forum, so I hope to see you around.

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Jess
                  @jess
                    • Total Posts: 575

@GabrielleMassman, *I’m late, I’m late, I’m late for a very important date, oh dear, oh my, I’m late, I’m late, I’m late!* (Alice in Wonderland, I love it.) Anyways… Hello! Another INTJ! We now have quite a few around here. 🙂 Don’t hesitate to jump right in, nobody bites 😛
                    I’m in the midst of finishing a YA novel, and I’m perfectionist, so I try to edit as I work… It’s crazy keeping everything straight, I agree!

Snapper
                    @dragon-snapper
                      • Total Posts: 3515

@jess yes, finally! Another perfectionist! *high fives you*

@gabriellemassman
                      Ha! Procrastinator’s block, I don’t think that writer’s are the only one experiencing that. 😛

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Northerner
                      @northerner
                        • Total Posts: 244

@Gabriellemassman I love Mythopoeia! It’s one of the things I tell every writer they ought to read.
                        I know what you mean about the time management struggle. I’m a junior in college and starting to get into the heavier semesters, and not having time for all the things I’d like to get done — for instance, I’ve only read your first post, so if you’ve already been asked, my apologies, but does this story-world of yours by any chance involve dragons?

Emma Flournoy
                        @emma-flournoy
                          • Total Posts: 1352

@GabrielleMassman I know. It’s so beautiful. Did you know that he wrote it for C.S. Lewis? The dedication is: To one who said that myths were lies and therefore worthless, even though “breathed through silver”. PHILOMYTHUS TO MISOMYTHUS
                          That ‘one’ was Lewis, at point soon after becoming a Christian (which happened with lots of influence from his friend Tolkien) when he thought mythology was bad in your writing, for a reason I can’t fully remember. PHILOMYTHUS means lover of myths, and MISOMYTHUS means hater of myths (or something along those lines.). I just think that’s incredibly neat. 🙂
                          And apparently Tolkien succeeded in convincing him—hello, Narnia. I love it.

My favorite’s Jean Valjean, but I LOVE so many of the others too, Enjolras being near the top. (He’s an INTJ. 🙂 )
                          The Friends of the ABC—yes!! I love their stuff. The friendship and courage and inspiring stick-togetherness, and mutual admiration for Enjolras, and all of it (isn’t Enjolras and Grantaires’ last moment together amazing?)…it’s wonderful. Courfeyrac is one of my favorites among them (he is so good to Marius)…Enjolras, Courfeyrac, and Combeferre are the first.
                          Gavroche’s another one very near the top in the whole book, and Javert is awesome though obviously in a different way.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Emma Flournoy.
                          GabrielleMassman
                          @gabriellemassman

@winter-rose Thanks for the tip on the tags. I would not have figured that out on my own. Yeah, I understand. I have a ton of Word documents, too. I’d suggest printing off all of those documents and putting them in a binder if you can. You might find that easier to use than one big document.

@Christi-Eaton
                            Nice to meet you! Les Mis is a really wonderful book. Every time I get to Combeferre’s and Enjolras’ speeches, I get shivers. I just wish that Hugo cut some chapters. Then maybe more people would read it.

@Jess
                            Hi! Yes, I am not surprised that INTJs would be young writers– especially motivated ones. Thank you. This weekend, I’ll probably start popping in other forums. I edit somewhat as I write, too, which I have heard is a bad habit. I would ask what your novel is about, but most writers hate that question, so what genre of YA is it?

@Northerner
                            I agree. Every writer, especially the fantasy writer, should read that poem. Hopefully, I can manage being in a writing community, writing, and college. If you have any tips for that, I would love to hear them. And I have not been asked that question yet. My story-world does involve a few dragons; however, they are rarely mentions, only transportation/pets, so they are not really even true dragons. Someday, I would like to write a story with a true dragon (in the style of Smaug, Fafnir, and Beowulf’s dragon), but I have not done so yet.

@Emma-flournoy
                            Yes! I did know that, and I love it. Have you ever read Lewis’ Till We Have Faces? It is the direct retelling of a myth, and the history behind it is fantastic. Lewis actually wanted to retell the myth of Cupid and Psyche since he was 18 (when he was an atheist) and finally rewrote the myth near the end of his life in a totally different manner than he had planned. You should definitely read it.
                            Yeah, Valjean is a wonderful character. Book Enjolras is definitely an INTJ, though in the musical and movies, I would say he is an ENTJ. Yes, the Friends of the ABC are an inspiring set of characters. I do love that moment, but I think one of my favorite moments is when Combeferre tries to stop Enjolras from shooting a young man on the other side. Courfeyrac is fantastic, too!

Audrey Caylin
                            @audrey-caylin
                              • Total Posts: 323

@gabriellemassman I think you’re good. The places K.M. Weiland has on her site look great as well.

btw, I love your blog! 😀

Emma Flournoy
                              @emma-flournoy
                                • Total Posts: 1352

@GabrielleMassman I haven’t read that. *despairing expression* So many good books to read and not enough time! But I’ll remember it. 🙂

I haven’t seen the musical, or any of the movies (yet, at least). But I’ll take your word for it. 😉
                                And I love that moment too. Combeferre is so sweet, and that was so sad.

GabrielleMassman
                                @gabriellemassman

@audrey-caylin Thanks!

@Emma-Flournoy
                                  I know…. I am running into the same problem. There are about 10 books on my reading list that are screaming to be read, and maybe a couple hundred others tugging on my brain and begging to be read, too.
                                  You should still watch the two movies; they are still worth it. Combeferre is sweet, and so is Jolly. My favorite Combeferre moment is why Marius goes on a four page rant on how wonderful Napoleon is, ending with “What is better than to be glorious?” And Combeferre looks up from his reading and just shoots Marius down with “To be free.” I love that!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >