Awesome lyrics

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Music Awesome lyrics

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    NC Stokes
    @daughteroftheking
      • Total Posts: 1156

*stands up out of the shadows* Greetings, Kapeefers. I was curious, what are your favorite song lyrics? Any particular reason you like them?

I will do my duty and get the ball rolling with a few of my favorites…

If it doesn’t break your heart, it isn’t love.
      Life is not what I thought it was twenty-four hours ago.
      You’re a needle girl in a haystack world.
      (All by Switchfoot)
      Remember pain is just an anchor, it never had control. -Thousand Foot Crutch
      No guilt in life, no fear in death, this is the power of Christ in me. – Newsboys (I think?)

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Gracie
      @graciegirl
        • Total Posts: 889

@DaughteroftheKing

Fascinating question. 😀 Are you looking for ideas to write songs of your own?
        I love, love, love the lyrics to most of the songs by The Gray Havens. What I like about most of their lyrics is that you’re not 100% sure what they’re talkin about at first. XD But by the end everything starts making sense. Their songs are like stories in themeselves too, which makes them really fun to memorize. As far as lyrics go, my favorite songs of theirs would have to be “Gray Flowers” and “Silver” and oooh, “Jack and Jill Pt. 2” as well. The first two have some amazing symbolism/allegorical elements and the last is just a very creative application of a bunch of nursery rhymes. 😀

*is probably geeking out about something*

NC Stokes
        @daughteroftheking
          • Total Posts: 1156

@graciegirl *listens to Grey havens music* Um… WOW. I likey. 😀 So, I just realized how cryptic my question was. My brain was elsewhere, apparently. 😛 I am interested in writing music, but the real reason I asked is that lyrics are good for inspiring stuck writers. Which I may be. *weak laughter*

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Gracie
          @graciegirl
            • Total Posts: 889

@DaughteroftheKing Ah, I see! Songs help me get unstuck all the time too. 😀

*is probably geeking out about something*

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          >