Aspiring Cinematographer— Help!

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Film Aspiring Cinematographer— Help!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Kate Flournoy
    @kate-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 3976

@mark-kamibaya— AGGGH! But—but—b-b-but but I’m the only one in my family who likes to act! 😛 If I’m holding the camera, who will be Romeo? Okay, I’m actually never doing that role again, because I hate him anyway. It was a school project, which is why I did it. 😛

Also, we live out in the middle of nowhere, and our closest friends are at least an hour away. *sigh* I guess you can’t have everything.

@Hope
      —hey…maybe they will. *Face lights up, eyes shine, silly grin plasters itself over face* Is that how human nature works, hm? Well, I certainly don’t seem to have any difficulty making a fool out of myself, so I guess that method of teaching would be pretty easy. 😛

Mark Kamibaya
      @mark-kamibaya
        • Total Posts: 318

@kate-flournoy I’m just reiterating what this big name director guy said. I forgot his name (does that make him not a big name director?), but he was like, “Try to get people who actually want to act, to act. It’s a better opportunity for both them and you.” Or something to that extent. Well, I guess if you can’t do it the easy way . . . <cue evil laugh>

I blog on story and spiritual things at mkami.weebly.com

Hope Ann
        @hope
          • Total Posts: 1092

Yes…if the person wants to act, it will be easier on everyone. Motivation is the key; get them to want to do what you want them to do, but for reasons which benefit them and which they like (if that made any sense). Candy only goes so far…though I’ve yet to figure out the motivational question myself. If you figure out something, let me know. 🙂

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy

Oh thanks Mark. You’re so encouraging… so helpful… so wonderfully sympathetic. I just— I don’t know how to thank you. 😛 😛 😛 😉

Candy only goes so far, huh? Hm. I wonder why. 😀

*sighs, drops head in hand and shakes it sadly, tears come to sorrowful brown eyes* I guess it’s just a question of figuring out how to motivate people. Aside from candy.
            I tried to get one of my little sisters to act once, and I was being all serious and earnest like I wanted her to be, hoping it would rub off, but in reality she just started crying because she couldn’t understand why I was acting like that. Apparently I don’t always act serious and earnest, so she found it confusing. 😛
            Oh, those poor unfortunate kids born the siblings of writers and all other such lunatics. They never had a chance, did they?

Amanda Fischer
            @wordfitlyspoken
              • Total Posts: 79

Okay, I’m cracking up. Poor siblings indeed. 🙂

Hope you figure out something! I mean, I live in a neighborhood with 100 houses, and I still can’t find willing actors most times…

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy

Yup… that’s how it works. I suppose we have to learn to accept it. It is what it is. That’s the way of the world. It’s no use crying over spilt milk. If wishes were horses… (or actors, as the case may be).

What— philosophy doesn’t help?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >