Artistry Emergency

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Artistry Emergency

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien
      • Total Posts: 440

Guys, I’m in a terrible situation. I have this book planned out to write. A shorter novel. And there’s this character that’s one of the main characters. And I CAN’T SEEM TO GIVE HIM A FACE!!!!!
      I can’t start writing until I can picture this person clearly in my head. So… there’s some things I know about him, actually a lot of things, that I’m gonna tell you guys and so maybe someone can draw a picture and show me and I can see if that can become my character? Oh, and BTW, on the character exchange art topic, most of the art pictures I couldn’t see, cause there was some link to facebook or yahoo or who knows what that I couldn’t do. I saw the picture like Silvera, and Taren, and Daeus, and those, that were actually on here, so if you do a picture, could you please put it directly on here and not make a link? Thank you.

So, here’s what I know.

His name is Ollister B. Tempus (yes, like the Latin word for time) He lives in modern day, but very secluded from the world, over in the English country-side. He is around thirty five to thirty nine. His hair is all and no colors really; brownish/blondish/darkgreyish color, and sort of wavy and coarse. His eyes are grey. His nose is soft lined, and turned up ever so slightly at the end. He has a soft face, almost childish in shape, but not chubby, and still very mature. He is not tall, or short, or fat, or skinny, or muscular, or wimpy, or jolly, or grave, or old, or young… or anything really. He is very mellow and ordinary. He is relaxed, and lives in a grand mansion in the woods. He wears vests all the time, and loves checkers, tea, cookies, architectural details and intricacy, walking in the rain, (when he does he always carries this tattered blue umbrella, even though he never uses it) drawing fantastical creatures, roasting marshmallows in the sitting room fire, riding his tandem bike solo, (possible, but difficult) and singing to his pet bird.

There. Can you draw him?

@Ethryndal

@daeus

@kate-flournoy

@i-j-anderson

@PerfectFifths

Anyone else know any more artists to tag?

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

@Anne-Of-Lothlorien I would certainly like to try. I’ll get back to you as soon as I have something. 😉

Anne of Lothlorien
        @anne-of-lothlorien
          • Total Posts: 440

Thanks Kate. I just love this character, and he really needs a person of his own. He’s really suffering for like of not being able to be pictured clearly.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

@Anne-Of-Lothlorien well… here he is. Don’t think he looks right, but just in case…

OllisterSketch

Actually he ended up uncomfortably like a younger Bilbo. 😛

Ethryndal
            @ethryndal
              • Total Posts: 1013

@Anne-of-Lothlorien Well, here’s my attempt, which, after reading your description again, I don’t think is very accurate. He’s too young and adventurous looking. I may try again later.

Ollister

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Ethryndal.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Louise Fowler
              @perfectfifths
                • Total Posts: 726

@kate-flournoy Awe, he looks great!

Currently reading Les Miserables

Louise Fowler
                @perfectfifths

@ethryndal Your drawing is great, too! But he does look very young 😉

Ethryndal
                  @ethryndal

@Perfectfifths *sigh* I totally missed the English gentleman look that I was aiming for…

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Ethryndal
                    @ethryndal

Btw, @Kate-Flournoy, I think you nailed it.

Louise Fowler
                      @perfectfifths

@ethryndal But he’d be great for some other, younger character. Just ‘cuz it was drawn to be one character doesn’t mean he can’t turn into another if he doesn’t work out 😉

Ethryndal
                        @ethryndal

@Perfectfifths You speak wisdom.

Joy Mastron
                          @i-j-anderson
                            • Total Posts: 81

@kate-flournoy He looks like a baby Mycroft Holmes and I love how adorable that is.

Anonymous
                              • Total Posts: 11

@i-j-anderson Yeeeeessss!!!!! He does!! I’m a BIG Sherlock fan!!!

Anonymous
                                • Total Posts: 11

I also have started my own forum related to this one.
                                It’s called: Art! Art! ARRRTTTT!!!! (Character Illustration help)

Please Check it Out!!!!!

Thanks!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >