Anyone Want to Play Forum Volleyball?

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Anyone Want to Play Forum Volleyball?

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Joy Mastron
    @i-j-anderson
      • Total Posts: 81

Jane nods, “If I enter a room, either everybody notices or your wallet is gone before you know I exist. There’s no in-between.”

All the while, Jane continues to shake Stewie’s now mumb arm. Anne tries her best to pry Jane away but is unsuccessful until the point in which the chemist gets distracted with a piece of parchment tucked neatly under a rock. She walks over and pulls it out, “It looks like…some sort of fantastical, mysterious clue that could lead us all on a vague and dubious quest into the unnecessarily dark and tragic forest behind the castle. I wonder what it could possibly mean.”

Snapper
      @dragon-snapper
        • Total Posts: 3515

“@I-j-anderson, Well, of course it means we should decipher it, and go on a long perilous quest.”

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Anne of Lothlorien
        @anne-of-lothlorien
          • Total Posts: 440

Anne tentatively steps onto the field, freezing at the sight of mass destruction.
          “Hi?” she ventures. “Can I be on here if I’m not a steward yet?”

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Snapper
          @dragon-snapper
            • Total Posts: 3515

@anne-of-lothlorien Dragon Snapper waves to Anne! “Hey! Good to see you again!” Then, in a whisper, she says into her ear, “I’m not a steward either…..I don’t have any social media, but I believe this is just for fun.”
            With a cocked head, she addresses @stewie-plotter, “That is allowed right?”

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Michael Stanton
            @michael-stanton
              • Total Posts: 72

Stewie takes a sip of tea with his free hand while the other remains firmly in the pulsating grasp of @i-j-anderson. After hearing the remarks of @anne-of-lothlorien and @dragon-snapper, he notices his smart watch flopping up and down as his shirt sleeve dances up his fluttering arm. His eyes grow as wide as his tea filled cheeks when the volleyball collides with his face, ejecting his tea onto the sand along with his previously nonchalant composure.

“Master is going to kill me!” Stewie jumps out of his wicker chair and suddenly snaps his attention to the disaster that is the volleyball courtyard. Blue smoke still billows from the turret above. Stewie’s body whips back and forth, not noticing that his numb arm is still firmly set in the clutches of @i-j-anderson.

“I do apologize, everyone. But I did not think a game of volleyball would so quickly become so destructive. I’m afraid do not have time to prepare the Kingdom of Pen’s castle before I must send out the courier rabbits to fetch the new recruits for their Steward training.” Stewie scratches his head, momentarily forgetting there was still tea in his cup and the the cup was still in his only free hand. He was so deep in thought that the heated liquid streaming off his scalp did not seem to bother him. “Or was I supposed to send the battle rabbits… at any rate– Ow!”

Stewie reaches down to pull a broken piece of mug from his now bleeding foot. Doing so without dropping his own cup nor releasing his Excalibur of a hand from the stone that was @i-j-anderson.

“Drat! I really must go release those rabbits! Master will not be pleased.”

Ethryndal
              @ethryndal
                • Total Posts: 1013

The flying ball suddenly pops midair, letting loose an explosion of glitter. It falls to the ground, a silver arrow stuck in it’s limp folds of leather. Ethryndal steps out of the shadows, looking down her long elven nose. “Silly mortals,” she sniffs. “They run around like headless chickens and throw balls and tea at each other.” Glancing furtively around, she quickly shoves a wafer of lembas into @Winter-Rose ‘s hands.

And then realizes she’s totally late and was replying to the second page and not the third.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Ethryndal.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 1486

Gabby sniffs the lembas then hesitantly takes a bite. “Thanks @ethryndal.” Gabby then steps away from the crazy elf lady with the bow.

Joy Mastron
                  @i-j-anderson
                    • Total Posts: 81

Jane finally finishes shaking the hand of @stewie-plotter and mutters something about Stewie being a free elf. She smiles at her inside joke and then offers to help clean up the mess they’ve all made.

Anne of Lothlorien
                    @anne-of-lothlorien
                      • Total Posts: 440

Anne grins because she’s finally signed up to be a Steward (She has Instagram, so duh, that qualifies her) so now she can join the disaster fun with reckless abandon

She springs onto the playing field, sweeps off her plumed hat, and bows low, offering hot cocoa for those who don’t like tea, or coffee, unless drowned in milk and whipped cream. She shakes the hands of @stewie-plotter (letting go afterwards) @dragon-snapper @ethryndal and whoever else is here that she can’t find the tags to.

Anne reaches into her trusty magic satchel and produces a volleyball, beauteous in design and completely dragon-proof, tea-proof, magic-proof, bluesmoke-proof, rabbit-proof, and insanity-proof.

“Attend, fair friends! Here is the ball to solve all our problems! I defy anyone to destruct it” she says, knowing full well in the land of Kingdom Pen, challenging anyone means you shall soon eat your words. She serves it (very badly) and watches it fly straight towards @stewie-plotter’s tea-bathed head. He, musing on the release of courier bunnies, (of which I am extremely curious about, because I am a new recruit eligible for Steward training) does not notice yet.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Michael Stanton
                      @michael-stanton

Stewie, realizing that he is technically in two places at once, and knowing full well that the paradox that first realizes it is a paradox is the first to vanish, promptly vanishes in a cloud of blue smoke.

Michael Stanton
                        @michael-stanton

A voice slowly crackles in over the Castle’s PA system.

“This is Dark Overlord Michael. I am terribly sorry that Stewie had to literally vanish, but I needed him elsewhere. As you all know, Stewie is helping me run the Stewards of the Pen team and has already lost track of his duties. I am sorry for all the confusion this may cause. You are free to continue your game of volleyball, unless you are also expected elsewhere in the castle at which point you too will experience a similar fate as Stewie’s paradox. Sorry, rules of the world are rules of the world.”

Clearly, Dark Overlord Michael left the PA system on as the sound of foot steps and a door closing can be heard. A moment of silence follows. Then, new voices are heard muttering to one another.

“Did master just say blue smoke?” said the first voice.

“I think so,” replied the second voice, “Say, speaking of blue smoke, did the troll-thingys in the east wing ever get that under control?”

“I’m not sure. All I know is that master is probably going to fire everyone in the east wing if he finds out about it.”

“Say, speaking of master finding out about things, did you hear what happened down in the dungeon?”

“No, why?”

“Oh man! Are those guys in for it!”

The sound of pittering feet can be heard just before the door flies open and a third voice is heard shouting to the others, “Guys! The PA is still on! Master is coming!” an enormous clatter is heard as the three voices quickly exit the PA room, but not without breaking a great many items on the way out due to their hurry.

Several booming footsteps are heard followed by what sounds like the door colliding with the floor. The Dark Overlord’s voice can be heard muttering as the cord to the PA is cut.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        >