Anyone heard of ACFW or Wors Weavers?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Anyone heard of ACFW or Wors Weavers?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Hannah R.
    @his-instrument
      • Total Posts: 229

Hey everyone!
      First, I just discovered a fantastic thing called Word Weavers. It is a writing group that meets monthly in person. They have chapters all over the U.S. They critique each other’s work and discuss any questions or problems they might be having. Best of all, it’s a Christian organization. It’s teen-friendly. I just became a member and I LOVE IT.
      Second, has anyone heard is ACFW? I think it stands for Ameican Christian Fellowship of Writers. I have not attended a meeting yet but an considering it. Southern Ohio people (@gretald @kateflournoy @daeus @winter-rose), they have a branch that meets every first Saturday of the month in Columbus. I may go to the August meeting, if any of you want to check it out with me. It sounds pretty great. They do a lunch, so you get to fellowship with other writers, then they have someone present on a current issue Christian authors should know about. It’s been recommended to me by a friend. Let me know if any of you are interested.
      Any other writing groups y’all know of that I should check out?

YA Fantasy Writer
      Obsessive Character Namer
      Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Hannah R.
      @his-instrument

Oh… Awkward. Typo in the subject line. I apologize, everybody.😬

YA Fantasy Writer

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

@his-instrument Cool! I shall have to check these out.

(@aratrea You’ll have to add these to your list of potential partners.)

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hannah R.
          @his-instrument

Oh! And I heard that Realm Makers Conference will be in Pennsylvania next year! (If y’all haven’t heard of Realm Makers, look it up. It looks AMAZING.)

YA Fantasy Writer

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

Hmm. Somebody added me to their facebook group. That might be neat to attend. We’ll see.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Northerner
              @northerner
                • Total Posts: 244

@His-Instrument, do you have a source for RM’s location for next year? Is it one of those hopeful rumours, or official, or something in between (like a rumour an official dropped)?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >