Animal Farm

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions Animal Farm

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    BlueJay
    @bluejay
      • Total Posts: 1622

@daeus You forgot to tag me again. *sigh*

My pick is this:

1. Charlotte’s Web
      2. The Hobbit
      3. Through the Looking Glass

Christine Eaton
      @christi-eaton
        • Total Posts: 306

Hey guys, I’ve been at camp all week so now I’m finally back, but only for a couple of days before we head to Missouri for three weeks. anyway my pick is
        1. Through the Looking Glass
        2. The Scarlet Letter
        3. Treasure Island

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Sarah Hoven
        @sarah-h
          • Total Posts: 669

1: Sign of Four
          2: Treasure Island
          3: Charlotte’s Web

Daeus
          @daeus
            • Total Posts: 4238

Announcement everybody. Polls will officially close at midnight. Get your voting in before It’s too late. Thanks.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Greta
            @gretald
              • Total Posts: 450

@Daeus, I should probably mention that I’ll be gone all of next week, so I won’t be able to participate in discussions next week.

Daeus
              @daeus

Right-o, Catty-o

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Amanda Fischer
                @wordfitlyspoken
                  • Total Posts: 79

1. The Hobbit
                  2. Charlotte’s Web
                  3. Ender’s Game

Hannah C
                  @hannah-c
                    • Total Posts: 362

1) Sign of Four
                    2) Charlottes Web
                    3) Through The Looking Glass

HC

Daeus
                    @daeus

Alrighty, everybody. I’ve tallied up all the votes and the one with the most points is …..

………

….Sign Of Four!!!

(I always wanted to read a sherlock story)

Now this leaves us with one question. It appears this is one of the later stories and it was suggested that we read A Study In Scarlet instead because it was an earlier one. Of course though, we weren’t voting on A Study In Scarlet, so I’m gonna leave it up to Gretta since she was the one who suggested Sign Of Four.

@gretald
                      , What do you think?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Greta
                      @gretald
                        • Total Posts: 450

@Daeus Sorry I didn’t respond until now. I was at a drama workshop all day. 🙂

I suggested Sign of Four because it was the only Sherlock Holmes novel haven’t read yet. However, if the people who haven’t read Sherlock Holmes think reading Sign of Four would be confusing as it isn’t the first novel in the series, then let’s read A Study in Scarlet. On the other hand, each Sherlock Holmes novel is a stand-alone story, so I don’t think it should be too confusing.

Personally, I’d prefer to read Sign of Four, but I’ll leave it up to everyone else.

@christi-eaton
                        @faithdk @gretald @hope @spradlin @hannah-c @sarah-h @overcomer @wordfitlyspoken @dbhgodreigns @zoe-wingfeather @hannah-olsen @writefury @anna-brie @hannah-krynicki @hislittlerose @vanna @jadamae @adry_grace @ingridrd @kate-flournoy @the-happy-bookaholic @bluejay

Would you all prefer to read Sign of Four (a later Sherlock Holmes novel but still a stand-alone story) or A Study in Scarlet (the first Sherlock Holmes novel)?

Hannah A. Krynicki
                        @hannah-krynicki
                          • Total Posts: 81

@gretald @daeus No preference. Any Sherlock Holmes looks good, honestly.

Daeus
                          @daeus

Sign of Four sounds great. If it’s stand alone, I’m good with it. The ebook is free. You can get a free audio version here: https://librivox.org/the-sign-of-the-four-version-3-by-sir-arthur-conan-doyle/ (seems like it’d be better for analyzing to read it though.) Chances are you can get it at the library too.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                            @kate-flournoy
                              • Total Posts: 3976

Wow, guys, have fun! I’m afraid I’m going to have to skip this one @Daeus. Life is being its typical annoying self and getting in the way. 😉

Sarah Spradlin
                              @spradlin
                                • Total Posts: 189

So looking forward to this! 😀 I’ve been trying to read some Sherlock Holmes for a long while. xD

"When enemies attack your kingdom you don't flee you show them why it's your kingdom. With your lightsaber."

Mallory O’Bier
                                @overcomer
                                  • Total Posts: 550

They can be stand alone, @daeus , but the first one, “A Study in Scarlet” introduces the characters and the beginning of their acquaintance. You can tell that the author is meeting them for the first time too. It’s exciting, and pretty special in my opinion. After that, you can kinda read wherever you like in the series for the most part, although there will be a few spoilers if you skip ahead too much. I think you newbies will love it.

“The Sign of Four” is the second novel in the series. By that time Sir Arthur Conan Doyle had figured out that he was gonna be writing about these characters some more, which he hadn’t planned on at all! Funny how he’s known for the writing he least enjoyed.

We could read it after “A Study in Scarlet” if everyone is game then.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 166 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >