An Interesting Concept I'm Working On

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Fantasy An Interesting Concept I'm Working On

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    DragonGeek
    @dragongeek
      • Total Posts: 21

I had an idea to combine superhero stories with fantasy. I’m fairly far along in plotting the story and such, but I’m wondering if you all have any ideas or concerns I should incorporate? Like, “This could turn into ____, so try to avoid that” or “You could do something like _____ with this concept”? Also, a name for the series, because I’ve got nothing right now.

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

@dragongeek lol. Our editor in chief is using the same concept. http://josiahdegraaf.com/the-chronicles-of-morshan/

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

DragonGeek
        @dragongeek

@daeus

NOOOOOOO

IT WAS SO ORIGINAL

Daeus
          @daeus
            • Total Posts: 4238

@dragongeek Don’t worry. I still think it’s plenty original.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 3976

@Dragon-geek whoops, missed this. 😛 It sounds like an awesome idea and I don’t really have any major concerns, I don’t think… as usual, watch out for cliches, especially as the superhero genre and fantasy share a lot of the most common tropes (chosen one, mentor dying, special powers, dark lord villains, saving the world, etc.) but that goes without saying.

As far as names go, I love naming things, but not knowing all that much about your idea, I couldn’t really say. ;P

DragonGeek
              @dragongeek

@kate-flournoy I mean… as far as superheroes go, they’re not much without special powers.

As far as names go, I have a huge world, and I always need more characters to fill it. Minor characters to surround the main superheroes, more actual superheroes, names for the characters I’ve created but haven’t given names to yet, everything! I named a lot of characters for friends, but there are still lots left.

Kate Flournoy
                @kate-flournoy
                  • Total Posts: 3976

@Dragongeek good point… 😛 Just try to find a power that actually fits with the story for a reason. Don’t just go for super-speed or super-strength ‘because’. Think through what would best fit.

What era/type of names are you looking for?

introvert_girl
                  @introvert_girl
                    • Total Posts: 153

@dragongeek I’m working on a super hero/fantasy story as well!
                    Though my cast doesn’t exactly have super powers in the traditional sense. They have stones that grant them magical armor/weaponry, and society treats them much the same as super heroes are treated in fiction. (It’s set in a fantasy world, with modern technology. I basically just wanted to create my own settings/cultures/countries :P)
                    Is your story set in a historical fantasy world or a modern one?

And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.

Grace H.
                    @gh24682468999
                      • Total Posts: 199

@dragongeek You may have come across this website already, but it has like a million name generators, which should help with naming your series: http://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
                      literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    >