Alpha Readers Wanted!!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Critique Requests Alpha Readers Wanted!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

Hey there!!
      So, I have a novel which I’m currently looking over and getting ready to start the second draft. I’m looking for one or two alpha readers who would be willing to read it over and answer some questions once you’ve read it. The book is YA, sci-fi/superhero in genre and approximately 80,000 words long. Here’s my quick blurb which hopefully makes sense:

All his life, Conlan Blake has wanted to be the same as everyone else, unfortunately, deafness—and the fact that he is a masked crime-fighting superhero—is a major roadblock.
      Trapped in the prison of silence, Conlan Blake is desperate to escape. And like a conman, he is willing to do anything—absolutely anything—to escape…even take a powerful drug designed to create superheroes.
      He’d thought his life was complicated before. Now he has his restored—and enhanced—hearing, but he has a hundred secrets to keep from his sister Alea, and new enemies to fight.
      But the rise of a supervillain is coming. A supervillain worse than anything anyone has ever seen before, one that Conlan must be willing to give his life to defeat. One that mirrors Conlan himself. One that is definitely not black, but isn’t white either.
      What if the world can’t be view through polarized glasses, as Conlan believed it could be? What if he is not who he thinks he is?

I’m going to tag a few people (please don’t feel obliged to answer though, just because I’ve tagged you, I just want to make sure it gets seen! If you know of someone who would like to do this, please tag them, :D)

@daeus
      @kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy @that_writer_girl_99 @jane-maree @catwing @epicaddie2 @Shannon @Emily @anyone else! Thanks so much, 😀 (Also, hopefully this actually makes sense because it’s very late in Australia and I’m sleep deprived :P)

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Ingrid
      @ingridrd
        • Total Posts: 830

Hey, @seekjustice! I don’t believe we’ve met yet. I’m Ingrid (@ingridrd). This story sounds very intriguing! I would so love to read it, but unfortunately don’t have a lot of free time on my hands at the moment. 🙁

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Louise Fowler
        @perfectfifths
          • Total Posts: 726

@seekjustice Wow, sounds like a great story! While I’m not interested in alpha-reading (sorry!) having already got a few other friends’ works I already alpha/beta-read for, I just wanted to let you know that I am most definitely interested in reading it. You have what sounds like a compelling protagonist, a complex villain, and a great plot. 🙂 I hope you get the people you need to make it super great! 😀

Currently reading Les Miserables

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 1330

@seekjustice I would be happy to help. I’m pretty much sure that I will have enough time and that I am up for the job.

Elizabeth
            @that_writer_girl_99
              • Total Posts: 1819

Hi @seekjustice! The superhero genre is one of my favorites, and I’m definitely interested in reading through your book!

However, I don’t know if there’s a specific amount of time you want me to read it in; I’m in school now and don’t have a lot of time on my hands.

Still, I definitely want to read your book!

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Catwing
              @catwing
                • Total Posts: 2557

@seekjustice *fly in frantically* I can read it! It sounds intriging and strange. *sighs* Is there still a spot?
                I like superhero stories… *glances at heaping pile of ideas* Why are my ideas always for animal powers? I guess I like animals.
                *shakes your hand* Thanks for tagging me.
                Also I understand you. *nods*

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

EpicAddie2
                @epicaddie2
                  • Total Posts: 794

@seekjustice Oh yay! I’ll totally read it!! I actually just finished my book from the library so I’m looking for another book to read!

INFJ ~ 4w5
                  aldarley.wordpress.com

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 96

@sekjustice – I can read it but I’m not sure how well I’ll do at editing it. 🙂 Editing other peoples stuff is always tough for me, but I can definitely add a few coments. . . .

Aislinn Mollisong
                    @aislinn-mollisong
                      • Total Posts: 445

@seekjustice I WANT TO!!!!!

I will be an alpha or beta reader for anyone who needs it!!!!!!!!!!!

PICK ME!!!!!!!!!!

If you want. Please.

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
                      https://forums.theaetherli

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@ingridrd no, I don’t think we have!! Thanks for your encouragement though, 😀 it makes my day when people think it sounds intriguing!

@perfectfifths
                        thanks! and no worries, I understand! Thanks for responding, hopefully one day you will get the chance to read it. 😀

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice

@Emily thank you!!

@that_writer_girl_99
                          I’m hoping to have made a few changes to it and to be done by the end of September, then to send it out on October 1. I would like to have it back by October 31 (I’m planning to participate in NaNo so I’d like to have it out of the way by then, so I can concentrate on a first draft for November) but if you need longer than that, I’m happy for you to continue through November.

@catwing
                          sure! I’d love to have you read it! Oooh, I like animal powers too. The girl in the story has chameleon type powers, which was so fun to write!

@epicaddie2
                          thank you!!!
                          @josiahdeboer thanks for volunteering. You won’t need to edit it, as such. Just read it right the way through, and then fill out a questionnaire when you’re done. Since this is only a first draft I’m looking mostly for large problems (plot holes and character development), so you won’t really need to edit anything.

@aislinn-mollisong
                          , certainly! thanks for volunteering Aislinn!

EpicAddie2
                          @epicaddie2
                            • Total Posts: 794

@seekjustice I can’t wait to read it!!

INFJ ~ 4w5
                            aldarley.wordpress.com

Anonymous
                              • Total Posts: 96

@seekjustice – I’m excited! 🙂

Catwing
                              @catwing
                                • Total Posts: 2557

@seekjustice That sounds cool! Animal powers are fun. Thanks. I will await your book…

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Jane Maree
                                @jane-maree
                                  • Total Posts: 909

@SeekJustice Thanks for asking me, but I actually have several other editing projects on at the moment (being a freelance editor is can be busy at times). I absolutely love superhero stories though and I’d definitely be happy to go through it sometime, just maybe not this time around. If you need a professional edit at some point, feel free to poke me. 😀

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >