Aloha, Bonjour, and Howdy!

Home Page β€Ί Forums β€Ί General Site Info β€Ί Start HERE β€Ί Aloha, Bonjour, and Howdy!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa
      • Total Posts: 335

Hello! My name is Mariposa Aristeo. I’m an ultra-shy girl (in person) who dreams of being an author/illustrator. When I’m not thinking, reading, or writing about dinosaurs, I’m drawing them. I hide Easter eggs in my art like Pixar does in their films. Sometimes I hide a reference to one of my future books, an old TV actor, or a Disney character. I am a spider-hating germ-killer who is repulsed by people who don’t wash their hands.

I was born detesting writing, but that hate melted into love. I wrote two books; at the time I thought they were stupendous but now I think they’re dreadful. I was attempting to publish one of them when I stumbled into a sink hole. I struggled to escape but the walls were too steep. My mind seethed in boredom so I started writing a ridiculous story to relieve the pain. That story become the rope that yanked me up and out.

That’s enough jabbering about me for today. Now I’d like to introduce y’all to my assistant, Aberdeen the Authorosaurus. He is a book-eating, ink-drinking dinosaur from the Createtus period. He can break writer’s block with his head (most of the time) and can sharpen pencils with his teeth. Too many adjectives give him a stomach ache, too many adverbs give him a headache, and cliches make him sneeze. You can like him on Fossilbook, Stomper, and Iguanodonram.

If you want to know a little bit more about me or Aberdeen, please visit, http://www.thetinytealtypewriter.com or http://www.instagram.com/mariposa.aristeo.

Gracie
      @graciegirl
        • Total Posts: 889

Hello, @Mariposa!! Welcome to the bestistest place on the Internet!

Fossilbook, Stomper, and Iguanodonram.

πŸ˜‚
        β€˜Iguanodonram’is my favorite, so I’ll be sure to check your and Aberdeen’s account. πŸ˜€
        I love hiding Easter eggs in my writing as well!
        What were your two books about?
        Again, welcome to the Kingdom! We’re happy to have you.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Mariposa Aristeo
        @mariposa

@graciegirl Hello, fellow Easter egg hider! πŸ˜€

My first book was about coping with trials and grief. My second book was about a girl from the Middle Ages who raised and tamed a Theropod dinosaur.

Jane Maree
          @jane-maree
            • Total Posts: 909

@Mariposa WELCOME!!! *offers you motivational pizza*

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Mariposa Aristeo
            @mariposa

@jane-maree Thanks! I love pizza! πŸ˜€πŸ• Just no pineapple please. πŸ˜‹

Daeus
              @daeus
                • Total Posts: 4238

Awesome! Glad to have you. (And your dinosaur, of course. Sounds very handy.)

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Josiah DeGraaf
                @aratrea
                  • Total Posts: 717

Welcome to the site @mariposa! Awesome artwork. :O And I love the Spurgeon quotes. Are you still working on that second dinosaur book or are you already planning your next work?

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Mariposa Aristeo
                  @mariposa

@aratrea Thanks! 😊

I decided to let that dinosaur book sit for a while (it had too many kinks in it). Right now I’m working on a sci-fi trilogy, also with dinosaurs.

As you can tell, I’m obsessed with dinosaurs. πŸ™ƒ

Gracie
                    @graciegirl
                      • Total Posts: 889

@Mariposa Zikers, your drawings are amazing. What medium do you usually use? Colored pencils? Watercolor? And I love all the Disney charcter’s on the train! That’s such a fun idea.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Kate Flournoy
                      @kate-flournoy
                        • Total Posts: 3976

@Mariposa welcome to the Kingdom! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ Dinosaurs are fascinating. I prefer dragons myself (as you can see, I am one. πŸ˜‰ ) but dinosaurs are the next best thing.
                        And your art is really good. What medium do you use?

Mariposa Aristeo
                        @mariposa

@graciegirl @kate-flournoy Thanks! 😊 I usually use colored pencils for most of my artwork (a mixture of Crayola and Prisma color). For my paintings I use acrylic, and for my Aberdeen comics I use the app Pixelmator.

Mariposa Aristeo
                          @mariposa

@kate-flournoy Creationist scientists think the legend of dragons came from dinosaurs, so in a way they are kind of the same thing. πŸ˜‰

Emma Flournoy
                            @emma-flournoy
                              • Total Posts: 1352

Hi @Mariposa! *wrings your hand vigorously* Nice to meet you and your dinosaur. And yes to the Creation scientist stuff!! We’re of the same mind. πŸ˜€ Ever been to the Creation Museum in Kentucky? With several loud moving dinosaurs in the lobby?

Mariposa Aristeo
                              @mariposa

@emma-flournoy Hello! No, unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of visiting the Creation Museum. πŸ™ I’ve seen pictures though, and it looks really cool, especially when they decorate for Christmastime. I heard they recently opened the Ark Encouter and it’s supposed to be really neat.

One of my future books has a fictional institute that’s based on the Creation Museum.

Kate Flournoy
                                @kate-flournoy
                                  • Total Posts: 3976

@Mariposa *gapes* C…colored p-pencil???????? *gawks* W.O.W. πŸ˜› You are truly talented.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >