Allora Things

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    @that_writer_girl_99
      • Total Posts: 1819

To all who should see this: hello! Welcome to another of Elizabeth’s random threads. This thread pertains to my newest story idea, which is currently running under the title The Chronicles of Allora. It’s not the official title, just a working one. I think it makes my rants, outlines, and crying fits sound cooler. More dramatic.

…anyway. Some of you might remember the brainstorming thread I created for Prison? This will be just like that. I’ll give a bit of my idea, maybe write a few short things to give insight into the story, the characters, and maybe a few plot ideas. It’s won’t be relevant to all of you KeePers and I know that, but I do enjoy hearing what you think and I’m still recovering from the chaos that was my last WIP, so…

I don’t have an actual synopsis yet, so here are a few things about Allora:

The kingdom of Allora is actually a cluster of three islands, each ruled by the same man: the Royal Commander, who, while serving as Allora’s kingly figure, is in reality in control of Allora’s military–a facet of the kingdom that has a heavy role in the plotline and the world as a whole.

I mentioned that Allora is a cluster of three islands? Each island is like a different realm; technicalities aside, the three realms flow smoothly into each other. There’s Trellor, a medieval realm, Autodon, a futuristic realm, and Bellegarde, a…what did you call it, @kate-flournoy …a dieselpunk sort of realm.  Bellegarde is the capital, where the royal family lives. The Royal Commander is the king figure, the High Diplomat is the queenly figure, and their daughter is the Commander’s Heiress, the princess figure. The Commander’s Heiress is called Evyn Quin. She’s my MC!

I also mentioned that the military plays a heavy role in Allora. The military forces are split up into different factions: Swordsmen, Archers, and Guns. Evyn is an archer; though the inhabitants of the different islands usually favor one over the other, as respective to their different technologies, one can choose to learn a different fighting style.

Now, you might be asking (probably not, but I’ll explain anyway) what exactly the military does. I’ll explain. See, while Allora is something of a peaceful place, the islands have a problem: each of their communities are plagued by different breeds of monsters. Gorgons, griffons, dragons, shades, werewolves, fire wraiths, phoenixes…you name it, they’ve got it. The military, then, essentially serves as a group of monster hunters, commissioned by the Royal Commander to keep Allora safe.

Aside from the military, though, there’s also a group of Freelancing monster hunters. This group is made up of people who were either discharged or rejected from the official military. They elect instead to go off on their own and do things their way. Freelancing is illegal in Allora, though, so…

Yikes, this post has already gotten kinda long…I’m gonna tag a few people and if y’all want to ask questions (and please do) to find out more about Allora and its inhabitants, you can.

(EDIT) All those words and I forgot to talk about Avallone…ah well, I don’t know much about the mermaid kingdom yet, but I’m open to brainstorming with anyone should y’all have ideas.

@daeus
      @christi-eaton @winter-rose @ethryndal @dragon-snapper @jane-maree @dekreel @perfectfifths @graciegirl @daughteroftheking

• This topic was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Elizabeth.
      • This topic was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Elizabeth.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Joy
      @dekreel
        • Total Posts: 2304

@that_writer_girl_99  Thanks for tagging me! 😉

Oooh! Sounds interesting! What happens in the story, if I may ask?

You mean steampunk? I LOVE steampunk! I can’t wait to see Bellegarde! Steampunk is AWESOME.

Sounds like you put a lot of thought into the kingdom! There’s conflict, illegal hunting, natural problems like monsters, and diversity! Ohh, you could teach me!

You can pronounce it however you want.

Jane Maree
        @jane-maree
          • Total Posts: 909

@That_Writer_Girl_99 Oooh nice! Dieselpunk is so fun to write in, and that concept of three islands all different realms–SO COOL. Do the medieval and dieselpunk worlds have any technology from the futuristic one/from each other? It would make sense for that a little. What’s the politics like?

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Elizabeth
          @that_writer_girl_99

Er, yeah, sort of steampunk, but with a few technological differences thanks to Autodon. @dekreel

The Chronicles of Allora is centered around Evyn’s story—her journey finding herself and exploring the throne hanging over her head. It’s…rather complicated. I’m afraid I don’t have a more succinct way to explain it right now. I’m still outlining, so all of the plot points are a mess, not really cohesive in my mind.

The worldbuilding has been soooo fun. Allora is huge, and having three different realms (plus the mermaid Kingdom below) calls for a lot of different aspects—politics, culture, technology. A lot of work, but really rewarding and really fun.

Elizabeth
            @that_writer_girl_99

@Jane-maree Yep! Bellegarde and Autodon trade back and forth, and Bellegarde trades with Trellor, but Autodon and Trellor don’t get along very well, so the technology in Trellor is pretty much what you’d expect for a medieval realm.

Politics! There’s two layers to this. One of the key facets of Allora’s government is the military forces. Each of the government officials in this department have a military role as well. Each realm is lead by different commanders—two from that realm and one from Bellegarde. Each commander works for the Royal Commander, in a way, so the Bellegarde Commander is there to keep everything in check.

The next layer is the Diplomats. Evyn’s mother, Lady Kyla Quin, is the High Diplomat in charge of this department. The diplomats are in charge of individual island affairs, and they rarely meet with diplomats from other realms. They prefer talking over fighting, and rarely get along with members of the military for this reason.

Joy
              @dekreel
                • Total Posts: 2304

@that_writer_girl_99 Wait… is dieselpunk a thing?! *slaps forehead* Sorry, I thought you were talking about steampunk! So what is dieselpunk?

You can pronounce it however you want.

Louise Fowler
                @perfectfifths
                  • Total Posts: 726

@that_writer_girl_99 Wow, it sounds really well-thought out, and a really good story!

@dekreel
                  Exactly what you expect it to be, I believe – like Steampunk only with diesel (though I am more familiar with Steampunk, so I could be off).

Currently reading Les Miserables

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 1486

@That_writer_girl_99 I knew it was cool. But still. So. Cool.

Hey, my story world is made up of islands! ‘cept there are four of ’em. And yours are waaaaay cooler. XD

Lady Iliara
                    @lady-iliara
                      • Total Posts: 144

@that_writer_girl_99 Wow, this is going to be a great story! I love how you’ve considered how the islands work together and everything; it makes it feel more real to see how they interact! (Please let me read this when you finish it!! 😁😁)

👰🏻🦊💥
                      ENFJ-T. Arbitrary. Greet at your own risk. *trips on a rock*

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    >